Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Morning all. Well I phoned back and made an appointment for my smear. They've changed their rule (finally!) about it being on day 21, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not bleeding on that date :rolleyes: It sounded like the same receptionist over the phone, but she sounded in a far better mood today :rolleyes: If it was the same one she obviously didn't remember my name as no comment was as made! :D

Once I'm back I'll make an appointment to discuss the situation with my doctor...if I get a new job I'll move from the area completely, so I'm reluctant to change doctors for what may only be a few months xx

Hmmm...well today was supposed to have been a fast day, but after how tired and rough I felt yesterday I'm not sure 5:2 is for me. I know that SW works if I follow it properly, so that's what I'm going to do from tomorrow.

No more excuses...it's time to sort myself out! No more blaming stress for me stuffing cakes and biscuits, only I can control what goes into my mouth :) I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'd like to have lost 2 stone by Christmas (depending on my weight tomorrow it may be more than this!)

I'm determined to lose weight this time...I need to give myself the best possible chance at leading a long and healthy life. I know that my dad didn't want to die at 63, and he clung on to life until the bitter end, and there's no way I want to be in that position myself. I know that none of us can tell how or when we're going to leave this world, but by getting myself slim and healthy I'll be giving myself the best possible chance :)

Go Sian!! :D:D Xx

Last edited:
You can do it beautiful! I think we are a similar weight and I want to do two stone by Xmas too following slimming world. Want to buddy up? I'll give you my mobile if you like and can send you encouraging messages! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening Sian - glad to hear your feeling happier today hun.

I think your smear will be fine - Stress/Worry can cause irregular periods even causing them to stop altogether, and with what you have had to deal with over the last few months it could be that and nothing sinister. Best to get checked though hun. xx

The change of name for my diary prompted me to read back through the early days of this diary.

What I've learnt from this trip down memory lane:

1. I used to eat a lot more fruit and vegetables, and generally had a more varied diet.
2. When I used to have a bad day on SW I used to get straight back on track to minimise the damage.

It's clear to me that I need to take a leaf out of the old me's book and follow these rules again. Hopefully if I do the weight will start to shift downwards again :)

Hardly rocket science though is it, lol! Xx

The change of name for my diary prompted me to read back through the early days of this diary.

What I've learnt from this trip down memory lane:

1. I used to eat a lot more fruit and vegetables, and generally had a more varied diet.
2. When I used to have a bad day on SW I used to get straight back on track to minimise the damage.

It's clear to me that I need to take a leaf out of the old me's book and follow these rules again. Hopefully if I do the weight will start to shift downwards again :)

Hardly rocket science though is it, lol! Xx

That's interesting - a really good idea to look back at ur eating habits - and whilst none of this weight loss lark is rocket science I think we all need find the key to unlock our solution/s - good luck Sianx

That's interesting - a really good idea to look back at ur eating habits - and whilst none of this weight loss lark is rocket science I think we all need find the key to unlock our solution/s - good luck Sianx

Thanks hun :) xx

Morning hun!

Great new diary name :) It's a good idea to go back to eating more varied diet, I think that will be a big think for me too- not to keep eating the same things. Let's get our thinking caps on! xx

Friday 25th April (EE)

Afternoon ladies! Well after managing one fast day, and having a reasonable week I've managed to lose 1.5lb. That takes my weight to 16st 2.5lb. My aim now is to lose 2 stone by Christmas :) On it like sonic!

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None as I had to go and get new tyres and have my hair cut

Lunch:

Poached egg on toast - HexB + 1 syn for spread
Ketchup - 0.5 syn

Supper:

Cold roast pork
Salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, grapes, pomegranate seeds, spring onions, beetroot
4 bean mint salad - 1 syns
Moroccan couscous - 1 syns
Pickled onions
3 mini babybel (HexA)
Salad cream - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Apple
Chocolate orange scan bran cake with a banana and yoghurt - 2 syns

Today's syns: 6.5

Total syns: 6.5

Syns remaining: 98.5/105

Last edited:
The healthy bit of dinner...

1398443611793.jpg

Hi Sian, glad to see you are back on SW and feeling positive! I think you've got more than enough to cope with without beating yourself up about fasting, or making yourself feel light-headed through not eating! At least you know SW inside out and back to front. Amazing how we slip into bad habits though - and convince ourselves we're still 100% on plan. I know that I've been a bit lax lately, so I'm picking up the pace too. Half a stone to go to target and 12 weeks til my summer hols, so that's the goal.

Hope you and your Mum are looking after yourselves and coping as best you can xxx

Hiya hun. Mum and I are doing ok, as are my brothers. It's amazing how quickly the time seems to be flying.

I do know SW inside and out, which was maybe what I considered to be the problem...complacency. I've decided to get my scales out and weigh my healthy extras properly, rather than be naughty and guesstimate!

Wow to you though...only 7lb from target! That's fantastic! :D xx

I'm going to see my bestest friend in the whole world tomorrow. I haven't seen her since the end of February so it'll be nice to catch up :) She's quite accepting of my diet, so she tries to make food that's reasonably low syn. It'll be a nice end to the holiday. How about you? Xx

Awww thats great hun - she will be over the moon to see you its good that she tries to help with your diet too.

Ive had a text to ask if I fancy going out for lunch tomorrow with a guy I used to work with, hes retired now and lives alone so I like to make sure hes ok. Myself and my friend at work usually go out with him now and again x

Back