Sick and tired

Mandypops

Trying to lose some weight but finding it soo0oooo hard at the moment ,

Scared of the scales .

I have about 1 meal a day because of the hours i work but its when its the weekend or sometimes at night when i get home its munch time i have no will power what so ever its terrible . :sigh:

I'd like to get back to 9 st again.. at the moment im 12 st 2 lbs but i just feel so much bigger . Totally deflated ( or inflated lol ) by the scales never moving .

Think i need some kind of structured diet .

Sorry about the moan just had to get it out :( .

anyway... Try again... has any1 tried hypnosis to curb appetites? Does it work ?

Mandy pops x :break_diet::sigh:

well your one meal is the problem and whatever hours you work is no excuse!!! aim for smaller meals or at least move it up to 2 meals if possible. are you drinking enough water? and when you say you have the one meal are you packing in a whole days calories in that one meal or is it sensible and balanced?
any exercise? lots of questions but youve not said much. 12 stone 2 doesnt sound scary to me but i guess it depends on your height so theres another question for you...lol.
stay positive
x

You have to have breakfast hunnie it really does set your metabolism up for the day.
Women seem to think that stopping eating makes them lose weight but really it has the opposite affect in the long term if you then become so hungry that you pick at the wrong foods or eat a massive meal.

Trying to lose some weight but finding it soo0oooo hard at the moment ,

Scared of the scales . Oh boy, I know THAT feeling!

I have about 1 meal a day because of the hours i work

What hours do you work, Mandy? It is true what other posters have said, try to split your meal times to two or three. You will be less likely to get too hungry that way.

but its when its the weekend or sometimes at night when i get home its munch time i have no will power what so ever its terrible . :sigh:

I can identify with that too. It is like a dog who hasn't had enough exercise let off the leash - off we run like mad, devouring like there's no tomorrow.

The thing is Mandy, there are a lot of tangled feelings and emotions going on that have got you to where you are just now.

It is not going to be easy at first to sort them all out, and get off this vicious circle of under/over eating, but it IS possible to do. You first have to be aware of your feelings at the trigger moments.

When I go into 'binge mode' unconsciously my behaviour changes and I am not aware of the 'crooked thoughts' which begin to direct my behaviour. This may include shopping for certain 'binge foods'.

Once I do become aware I can do one of two things - I can stop and explore

* WHY I am taking this path (I want to feel 'better', I want the pain of suppressing anger, rejection, feeling fear to go away) ,

*WHAT I will achieve - I will feel NOTHING for a while, then sated, full and relaxed. Then come guilt, self-disgust, more anger, frustration etc.

Or I can surrender and give in to the behaviour and eat to suppress feelings. My choice. Yours too.

The thing is Mandy, could you cope with a whole weekend of making good food choices, rather than 'letting go' and overeating? What kinds of feelings would that flag up for you? Can you sit down with a piece of paper and pencil and write down honestly (just for yourself) what is motivating you to self-destruct?

I am not saying that once you are aware of what motivates your behaviour you will be 'cured'. It is not enough to know.

The next step is to be prepared to move out of your 'comfort zone' and actually take charge of these feelings, challenge them, and make changes which will ultimately get you what you want. That, Mandy, is very difficult at first. You will need to be vigilent all the time. Your 'crooked thoughts' will try to stop you and return you to previous behaviours which in the short term made you feel good.

Ultimately you will need to spend some time attuning yourself to your thoughts, feelings and motivations. Writing everything down is a good start.

Start a food diary. What you ate, how you felt before, during and after. Get to know those 'crooked thoughts' which motivate you, learn to answer back.

I'd like to get back to 9 st again.. at the moment im 12 st 2 lbs but i just feel so much bigger . Totally deflated ( or inflated lol ) by the scales never moving .

Leave the scales for the moment. Once you can get your head in the right place, you will be able to cope with what the scales say.

Think i need some kind of structured diet .

Structure is definitely going to be helpful at the moment.

Sorry about the moan just had to get it out :( .

That's what minis is for, Mandy. Moan away!

anyway... Try again... has any1 tried hypnosis to curb appetites? Does it work ?

Mandy pops x :break_diet::sigh:

Hope this helps a bit, Mandy!

AJ

Last edited:
your 1 meal a day is definately your problem.

Imagine your body is a fire...keep chuckin on twigs and it will keep alight....throw a tree on and it will almost go out!!! :eek:

you get the munchies as your glucose levels are low, as you havent eaten, eating 1 meal is not good for you.

everyone has a "set point" whereby your body learns to use up the calories you put in on an average day. ie. if you eat 2000 calories, your body learns to use up those 2000 calories, with everyday activities/exercise etc.

if you normally eat say 1500 calories in that 1 meal per day during the week...then pig out at the weekend putting those calories up to say 2500...that an overeat of 1000 calories a day that your body does not know what to do with....so just stores it as fat :confused:

definately try breakfast everyday...:)

I have to agree. Even if you're busy try having a cereal ar on the run. It's better than nothing. You're slowing your weightloss down by not feeding you body enough.

Back