Sick notes/back to work

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by *Emsie*, 19 July 2011 Social URL.

1. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    My Dr signed me off work for 4 weeks but this actually goes into the school holiday period and takes me over my paid sick leave allowance too. I have handed the note in to work before really thinking this through. If I speak to the Dr do you think they could now do a fit for work form that would over ride the sick note? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bellevie

Bellevie Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.46%)
    I have been signed off work for illness earlier in the year and my understanding was, as you say, that you can return to work earlier than the original date you have been signed off for providing your doctor provides you with a revised fit note.

Of course your doctor will need to ensure you are indeed genuinely well enough; I know how hard it is to have to consider what you'll be paid but your health does need to take priority.

Bx

4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Thanks for the reply :) I am seeing the Dr on Thursday so will see what they say. I work in a school so won't actually have to go back to work till September anyway and didn't realise it would affect my pay this way till a friend said :eek:

5. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    You need the fit note - otherwise you cannot legally go to work as you aren't insured (i know you won't go in but that will be your works reasoning)

6. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd also call your union, they will have procdeures in place, especially if you're term time only, as that would effectively mean being signed off for the ENTIRE summer holiday so they would just not pay you for the 6 weeks. Make sure you contact union and head teacher (if a supportive one) as a matter of urgency, like tomorrow and ask their advice. Don't wait for the docs...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.