1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Sick of being fat!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by JenCombs40391, 27 December 2012 Social URL.

1. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Hi everyone! I have done Adkins before and did great. I had a rough year losing my job then getting it back and all the financial issues that go with such troubles. Everything has come full circle now and better. I feel like the struggles made me stronger. I gained a bit over that time and I'm ready to get it off! I'm starting on Saturday and am very excited. I'm only 5'2" and am up to 206lbs :( my goal is 125lbs. It's funny how you have to be in a certain frame of mind to get going but I'm there! I'm so tired of picking out clothes to make myself invisible. Putting on layers to hide bulges instead of cute outfits :( I look forward to this journey with all of you!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. dizzydelly

dizzydelly likes vw's!

Hi and welcome you sound like your in the right frame of mind! Good luck xx

4. teetiefunk

teetiefunk Well-Known Member

hey jen, we are roughly the same weight...I'd love to have put my goal that low but It's unrealistic for me. we can do this together, just imagine how great its going to be when you can fit into smaller jeans!!

5. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Oh yes! I can't wait! 125 is my ultimate goal but i'm going to do it in increments. Shoot for 10 pounds then another and another all the way til the end! :)

6. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Ok, yesterday on my lunch break I went and bought some necessities to start my diet. I had planned to start tomorrow but I got on the scale and since I didn't actually fall over dead from the number I decided I couldn't wait so I'm starting today! I took my measurements and I'm ready! This morning I had some turkey, 2 pieces of celery with cream cheese and a cup of coffee. I brought a salad for lunch with country ham, cheese and ranch dressing :)

7. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

My diet started and stopped the same day. I got an awful virus then my two toy poodles got parvo. They are both fine now, but I waited to start back because I was under so much stress taking care of them both. I started back one week ago. I have lost 11 POUNDS!! I know most of it is water weight but still awesome!!

8. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Well done Jen that's great! :)

9. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

10. twinkle22

twinkle22 Well-Known Member

Wow 11lbs :) Well done Jen! X

11. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Thanks! I'm going to TRY to stay off the scales more. I know it will slow down and I need to keep that in mind and not get bummed out when it does. Lol.

12. twinkle22

twinkle22 Well-Known Member

Jen I am doing Atkins together with my oh and he hides the scales all week until weigh in day! It drives me mad as I like to weigh in everyday :)

13. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

I know! It's so hard to stay off them, lol.. ;)

14. Lindylou24

Lindylou24 Member

Congratulations on your great loss. Have a good week

15. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Oh my goodness! I just tried oopsie rolls! I can't believe how great they are. I will be able to eat a big cheeseburger with it and LOSE weight! Crazy! Love, love, love it!

16. moonlights

moonlights Well-Known Member

Yay! I love oopsies, too. Marmite and cucumber sandwiches, and cheese on toast - yummy.

17. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

Yes, this opens up a lot of possibilities! I've been wanting a chicken salad sandwich :)

18. dizzydelly

dizzydelly likes vw's!

Fantastic loss!! Well done x

19. Lindylou24

Lindylou24 Member

Sorry this is late but so busy at work, but well done on your great loss x

20. JenCombs40391

JenCombs40391 Member

21. moonlights

moonlights Well-Known Member

Well done!