Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Aww thanks Kels, I am proud of you too, we can do this hun, just wish I had listened to you years ago when you suggested I would find SW easier, but thank god I did listen in the end lol.
Roziee, you are totally right, but I do like to keep my syns under 10 a day if possible as I seem to either gain or maintain if I go over, we;ll see tonight how things go lol
Redmel, thank you and thank you all for your encouragement xx
Now back to trying to add my photo journey lol...not easy for this techno phobe lol xx

Hi there,

Just wanted to say well done on your loss so far and good luck with WI tonight :)

x

I am off to Wi in 2 minutes, I will post tonight when I get back x

Hello:)just wanted to say well done on your loss so far.Good luck for wi tonight.x

Wi was tonight, lost 3lb and was Slimmer of the Week, wooohoooo I love Slimming World...So I have now officially lost 1 of my hitch hikers, that's exactly 10st lost since I started my weight loss journey and 3st 10lbs since joining SW....am off to have my tea now and Roziee I will post the Minestrone Recipe right after that.
Thanks for all your support everyone, you have all spurred me on this week ty xxx

Hello:)just wanted to say well done on your loss so far.Good luck for wi tonight.x
Thank you Surreygal, was a great wi tonight...3lb loss x

Lily42uk said:
Wi was tonight, lost 3lb and was Slimmer of the Week, wooohoooo I love Slimming World...So I have now officially lost 1 of my hitch hikers, that's exactly 10st lost since I started my weight loss journey and 3st 10lbs since joining SW....am off to have my tea now and Roziee I will post the Minestrone Recipe right after that.
Thanks for all your support everyone, you have all spurred me on this week ty xxx

Lilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*jumps up and down for joy*

That is fantastic!!!!!!!!

Thank you all soooooooooooo much, I have been slimmer of the month before, but never slimmer of the week, we have some real big losers at our group, so I am really excited, especially as I convinced myself I had put on....I could dance all night I feel so happy lol and maybe I should cos I might get slimmer of the week again next week, and that would be the best birthday present ever lol xxxx

My Recipe for Minestrone, especially for Roziee and of course anyone else who wants it, just before I put it up, I must say this is enough for 4+ pints of soup, I do a whole batch in one go and I have a massive bowl nearly every day and it can be frozen, which is great and of course most importantly it's syn free:

6 sticks of Celery, chopped
4 large carrots, chopped
4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 large onion, diced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 chicken stock cubes (I use Knorr)+
2 Veg stock cubes (again Knorr)made up into 4 pints of liquid
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tins of cannellini beans
120g wholemeal pasta
8 slices of smoked ham or 8 rashers of smoked bacon, all fat removed and diced
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Coriander
1 Tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp smoked paprika

Put all veg, stock made with the cubes, herbs, worcestershire and soy sauce into a large pan and bring to boil, turn down and simmer until veg is soft, about 20 mins.
Then add Ham, tomatoes, cannellini beans and pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes, serve alone or with crispbreads or wholemeal bread (heb)
You could have this without any meat if your prefer, it is still yummy .
This is so yummy I have it nearly everyday and it's very very filling x

Last edited:
Sound delish. I'm gonna make some on the weekend when I get more time to cook and put in some lamb pieces instead of bacon because i don't eat that.. Oh yum cant wait!

Thank you lily, and congratulations once again ma love x

Thank you Roziee, it really is gorgeous and like I said filling.
I am like a kid in a sweet shop tonight, I am so exited, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I could lose 10st but not only have I done it but I will do it again lol...1 hitch hiker down 1 to go lol
My daughter just said that's dad's weight 10st so effectively I have lost my husband lol xx

Last edited:
that would be excited although I could be exited too lmao

Lol I have one hitchhiker to lose too :p

You have lost one, the second one will be easier to lose hopefully xxx

When things happen like tonight, it's always just the boost I need to spur me on, I found minimims about 6 months ago but never joined until last week as I was beginning to become fed up with the weight loss journey. Meeting you and other supportive people on here plus doing some of the challenges have really helped me to get back on track and I am determined to get another few pound off this week too, now I have 1 of the slimmer of the week stickers I want more lol xx

Back