Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Roziee we can do lots, I am so determined to get this done this week, I am going to increase my water intake, use my syns, I have a really bad habit of not using more than 2 or 3 a day and we should really use about 10 a day, I am going to be more vigorous in my exercise routines and generally watch every single thing that goes into my mouth.
I found a documentary on you tube that apparently was first shown on BBC, called 10 Things you need to know about losing weight, it's in 6 parts and well worth watching, there are some great tips on there.
We can do this hun, I know we can so gl and speak soon xxx

Oh and I read a post on here by Squiddie that sets out exactly how Slimming World works and I just gave myself a little top up, it helps I find, to go over the "rules" especially when you have been doing it for a while just so you keep reminding yourself of the "mistakes" and can rectify them xxx

Yes we can!

I'm going to drink at least 2 lites of water, going to increase my fruit intake and ensure I exercise everyday.. Even if its for 15 minutes. I had a good day yesterday so let's hope today is good too!

Great, I also had a good day yesterday, and I am determined to have a better one today, if I don't get those 4.5lb of this week it won't be because I didn't try my hardest lol....

WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS ROZIEE, YOU AND ME THE SLIMMING QUEENS !!!! xxxxxxx

Yes we are! I'm nit at work this week so it should be easier for me this week hopefully. The only thing I'm doing is going to see a doctor of some sort everyday but other than that I'm recharging my batteries, physically, mentally and spiritually so i can go back to work next week.

Good for you sounds like a fantastic idea to me, gl to us xx

Right so now I have decided to do my diary in 3 parts, that's my breakfast part, my lunch part and my dinner and supper part, because I am pretty sure I am missing off some syns which is slowing down my weight loss, so here goes with Breakfast, decided to go with the idea put forward on the documentary I watched and had a high protein breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled
tin of baked beans, with a dash of brown sauce (1 syn)
2 slices of bread, 1 from 800g loaf (4.5 syns) and 1 from 400g loaf, all I had in the house so had half my HEb and will use other half later. Had coffee with coffee mate (1.5 syns)
and a Tbsp of skimmed milk in eggs (1/2 syn) total for beakfast 7.5 syns
followed by hand full of cherries, strawberries and an apricot ...very yummy xxx

Last edited:
Ok Part 2, had my gorgeous minestrone soup again for lunch today, surprise surprise lol syn free so yummy and so syn free I love it lol....followed that with Melon and satsumas plus a few more strawberries and cherries and a kiwi fruit yum xx

Just had my tea and we had a gorgeous tuna stir fry with loads and loads of free veg, free tuna (canned), chilli's all for 0 syns but I did add 1 tbsp of Sharwood Chow mein sauce 1.5 syns and I drizzled about a tsp of chilli sauce over it 1 syn, as I hadn't put in enough chilli for me lol and then I had more strawberries, melon and cherries for a total of :
9 syns, have decided to use my 350ml of skimmed milk (HEa) and add a sachet of options 2 syns to make a nice hot chocolate for my supper, with a summer fruits alpen light bar 3 syns.
Making my total for the day 14 syns and a full belly with 3 hours exercising flat out (sweated buckets lol) and so far have drunk 7 pints of water ....will be up all night on the loo but hey it's worth it lol ...looking forward to tomorrow xxx

Last edited:
Lily42uk said:
Just had my tea and we had a gorgeous tuna stir fry with loads and loads of free veg, free tuna (canned), chilli's all for 0 syns but I did add 1 tbsp of Sharwood Chow mein sauce 1.5 syns and I drizzled about a tsp of chilli sauce over it 1 syn, as I hadn't put in enough chilli for me lol and then I had more strawberries, melon and cherries for a total of :
9 syns, have decided to use my 350ml of skimmed milk (HEa) and add a sachet of options 2 syns to make a nice hot chocolate for my supper, with a summer fruits alpen light bar 3 syns.
Making my total for the day 14 syns and a full belly with 3 hours exercising flat out (sweated buckets lol) and so far have drunk 7 pints of water ....will be up all night on the loo but hey it's worth it lol ...looking forward to tomorrow xxx

3 hours of exercise!!!!!? Wow!!!

Yes 1 hour this morning and then another hour this evening followed by 45 minutes of zumba and then my weights, it wasn't a pretty picture but well worth the effort I feel fantastic xxxxx

Roziee, when I started my journey I weighed 455lb ....I lost 6st over the last 3 years but with not a lot of commitment and definitely no exercise until I joined SW....12 years ago I had a major accident that left me disabled and 10 years ago the hospital discharged me and told me they couldn't do any more for me and that I would end up in a wheelchair but that they couldn't say when, so I came home and I gave up.
Then 3 years ago my friend was coming over from Australia and I decided I had to get some weight off...so I lost 5st by the time she arrived, but as soon as she left I went back to my old ways. Then 15 months ago after 45 years I gave up smoking and will NEVER smoke again, that made me think about losing the weight and in November I joined SW. At first I wasn't too excited about it and only really went because my daughter nagged me, but then my consultant Clive really pushed me and still does to lose the weight, so I made a huge effort, then he started to challenge us for the body magic awards and I am really competitive so thought I would try for the awards and never really thought much more about it.
December I started by being able to do just 5 mins and have built it since then and I am now more than determined that I will walk and not allow myself to be housebound like I have been for the last 10+ years.
Plus next year there are 2 more reasons for me being fit and being able to walk, apart from the fact I want to go out walking with my DH and my grandchildren.
My daughters are doing the starlight walk in watford on 11th June (12.5miles) and next year I want to walk with them, plus my youngest daughter is getting married and I want to be able to walk the long pathway to the church.
So I have gone from being a real exercise phobic to being an exercise lover, I am addicted. now that I can do it I want to do it more and more ....a lot more effort than I have ever made before is all it has taken and when I am finished every day I feel amazing, but it has taken time and a lot of pain and tears to get here xxxx

Last edited:
Oh and yesterday at wi I received my Gold Body Magic award and certificate and I am now aiming for my Platinum award in September xx

Wow- what an amazing story. You and your husband must be so proud :) congratulations on your loss so far and know that whenever you are in need of a friend for help and support I will be there as much as I can..

And btw- I have the biggest loser game except it's fo the xbox kinect not the wii and it's great! I love it. Makes you sweat lots! So if you're bored of your current exercise then it's definately one to get.

Wow- what an amazing story. You and your husband must be so proud :) congratulations on your loss so far and know that whenever you are in need of a friend for help and support I will be there as much as I can..

And btw- I have the biggest loser game except it's fo the xbox kinect not the wii and it's great! I love it. Makes you sweat lots! So if you're bored of your current exercise then it's definately one to get.
Hi Roziee thank you so much and ditto I too will be here any time you need a friend .....someone told me yesterday about the biggest loser game and apparently it's only £4 on amazon, will have a good look at that if I have got any spare cash after paying the bills lol xxx

Ok breakfast was 28g Weetabix chocolate chip mini's (HEb) and very yummy they were too, with cherries, strawberries, kiwi and apricot, with a big mug of coffee with coffeemate.
Had the weetabix dry as I just didn't fancy the milk today, will have my hea later
So that's 1.5 syns so far today xxx

Lunch was Minestrone soup, ran out of my gorgeous Cannellini beans, so had to substitute with mixed beans that were equally gorgeous and equally syn free, followed by some juicy cherries and strawberries...All syn free yummy xx

Tea was Chicken breast stuffed with quark mixed with garlic and wrapped in bacon (fat removed) with potatoes and butternut squash mashed up together with a stock cube and herbs and Curly Kale, Carrots, Fine beans and Gravy (1/2 syn), followed by more strawberries and cherries, a satsuma, melon and kiwi.
all that for 1/2 syn is amazing
Total for day so far is 2 syns

Did 2 hours on the wii full out, I really ache lol then did my weights ..can really see my bingo wings tightening up.
Supper was 3 x Ryvita (4.5 syns) and 57g Low Low cracked pepper spread HEa and a Alpen Bar 3 syns = 7.5 syns + 2 syns from breakfast and lunch = 9.5 syns for the day.
And I feel amazing...off to bed now cya tomorrow xxxx

Back