Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Well done on your amazing weight loss! Fantastic :)

Well done on the 3lb and SOTW! Those pictures are fantastic - I can see such a difference it's great to have those for comparison.

Also thanks for the soup recipe it sounds gorgeous, will have to try that out this week :)

Thank you Clareel for your kind comments, I am still on cloud nine and feel so fired up ready to lose this other hitch hiker, the soup is amazing I just can't emphasise how lovely it is, but I must also emphasise that it should really be a smoked meat, bacon, ham or any other kind of meat. it's a lovely filling soup and as it's syn free you can eat it any time you feel a little peckish, which is what I have done xx

Last edited:
Such a late start today, had a plumber in early this morning, couldn't turn the tap on then couldn't turn it off lol...but all fixed now...looking to have a good day today.
Brekkie was beans on toast (heb) followed by lovely punnet of strawberries yummy double yum lol
Already done my zumba and later on will do another hour or so of wii fit or wii sports.
Lunch is a bowl of my delicious soup and I will follow that with a ff yoghurt and later this afternoon some satsumas and kiwi.
Hubby and I alone for the evening for a change so we are sharing a gorgeous syn free curry and bombay potatoes, with rice all syn free and maybe share a dark chocolate tangerine and chilli mousse,(recipe in xmas s/w mag) they are gorgeous but at 6 syns I won't eat a whole one lol and maybe a couple strawberries to go with it lol
so if I have all that it's:

1.5 syns for coffeemate
3 syns for choc mousse

Total syns for the day 4.5
So now I have done my exercise and written my diary I am off to soak up some of this gorgeous sun before it disappears...have a great day all xxxx

Had a really bad night last night, had 22g bag of snack a jacks 4.5 syns, 2 choc fudge alpen bars 6 syns...ooooh that's not as bad as I thought lol, so with the 4.5 syns I had earlier in the day I just scrape in at 15 syns ...phew lol
Oh and the Curry DH and I had last night from the s/w December mag was absolutely gorgeous, even DH was impressed and he's very fussy lol. Anyone wanting the recipe just drop me a line and I'l put it up on here.
So to today's food diary:
Brekkie
2x Weetabix (heb) with 350ml skimmed milk (hea), using the left over milk for a coffee later, strawberries, satsuma, kiwi and banana
Mid Morning
More strawberries and Cherry FF Activia Snack pot
Lunch
Chicken noodle stew....Courgette, potatoe, carrots, onions, turnip, swede, tomatoes, plain noodles, chicken stock, herbs, worcestershire and soy sauces...was a nice change but I def prefer my minestrone soup lol.
Dinner is fish tonight with veg and new potatoes ...yummy
and I guess some synned foods but not sure what I fancy yet, didn't even have my coffee this morning so no syns used today yet...but watch this space lol x

Friday again already, got the grandkids here this weekend and then Monday is my birthday, have so many good intentions of not overdoing it on my birthday, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will lol.
Feel a bit yuk today, not hungry and not in the mood for the food menu I have planned for the day so going to have a little rethink and see what I fancy, maybe just fruit for brekkie, feel like having a light day today.

Had a bowl of lovely fruit for my brekkie yesterday morning, minestrone soup (I am a minestrone addict lol ) for lunch and S/W scotch eggs (3 syns) x 2 with new potatoes, petit pois and a mixed salad for tea,but used my HEb for the breadcrumbs on scotch eggs.
Had 71g Philadelphia Light (HEa) with crackers 6 syns. followed by fruit salad, satsuma, apple, plum, strawberries, grapes and kiwi .
Extras: Coffeemate 1.5 syns and snack a jacks 4.5 syns
Total for the day: 12 syns
x

Todays menu, had 2 lovely boiled eggs with 2x wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEb), with 1 level teaspoon of flora light 1 syn and marmite, yum and milky coffee (HEa), for my breakfast followed by strawberries and cherry Activia ff yoghurt, lunch was minestrone soup (see addicted lol )....and tea is Sticky Gammon with linguine (1 syn ) and salad...am so looking forward to that one .... that's a total of 2 syns so far. So i am going to have a treat and having a slice of chocolate cheesecake S/W recipe 6.5 syns, with strawberries and raspberry's .
Total syns for today's menu is : 8.5 syns
xx

Note to myself....I must remember that I should add that I drink about 6- 8 pints of water a day and am often found snacking on a satsuma and strawberries and any other fruit that's in my fruit bowl lol
Oh and note to the person who asked me how I afford to buy all this fresh fruit all the time, I spend all the money that I used to spend on crisps, chocolate, biscuits and all the other fattening foods, on fresh fruit and veg now, plus 18 months ago I gave up smoking after 40+ years and that alone saves me £60 or more a week (I was smoking 50 cigarettes a day when I gave up), so that's why I can now afford to buy all the gorgeous fresh fruit and veg.
xx

Yeah I know Roziee, but I make sure I have a pint of water with every meal and then I exercise an 1-2 hours in the morning and have usually 1-2 pints then and I again exercise in the evening and again 1-2 pints then and I always take a pint of water to bed and I only have 1 coffee first thing in the morning and the rest of the day I drink water, it soon adds up lol x

Not feeling to bright today, youngest daughter has a lung infection and I am pretty sure I have come down with it too, got a streaming cold and now my lungs are hurting bad, so I am back to bed for the day, don't really feel that much like eating so had a boiled egg this morning and a few strawberries, not like me I am a hearty breakfast kind of person. Really hope this goes away quickly, it's my birthday tomorrow and my whole family and some friends are coming over gonna be awful if I end up spending the day in bed :(
I think DH is cooking S/W Shepherds Pie today which is syn free and if I feel up to it, I will have some soup for lunch....well I am off to try and sweat this thing out, have a great day xxx

Feeling a lot better, other than a terrible tickly cough and a blinding headache, the sleep did me good,had a few bits of fruit and a bowl of soup for lunch. DH just cooked Shepherds pie, was really nice especially as he topped it with celeriac and butternut squash mashed into some potatoes with chicken stock, very tasty, was full of veg too, really full from it. Bless him he's even cut up a load of veg, carrots, celery, cucumber, and peppers with sweet piccolo tomatoes and put them in the fridge for me to munch on later if I feel peckish.
So today with my coffeemate and the extra gravy he made up with dinner I have had 2 syns, but I have to add 1 syn for the cough sweets I am sucking on, so that actually takes it up to 8 syns for the day so far...I am going to try and keep away from the suckies but it's hard when it's so tickly, may wellput on Tuesday as I was sucking them through the night last night and I actually lost count but I reckon if I stabbed at about 8 I would be close ...oh well can't be helped, have managed to do an hours exercise today although it wasn't as strenuous as usual, hopefully that will stop me putting on too much. Still will wait and see what the scales say Tuesday. Catch you later xx

Lily42uk said:
Yeah I know Roziee, but I make sure I have a pint of water with every meal and then I exercise an 1-2 hours in the morning and have usually 1-2 pints then and I again exercise in the evening and again 1-2 pints then and I always take a pint of water to bed and I only have 1 coffee first thing in the morning and the rest of the day I drink water, it soon adds up lol x

That's true. If you have a pint of water with every meal and then exercise you can easily drink alot..

Lily42uk said:
Not feeling to bright today, youngest daughter has a lung infection and I am pretty sure I have come down with it too, got a streaming cold and now my lungs are hurting bad, so I am back to bed for the day, don't really feel that much like eating so had a boiled egg this morning and a few strawberries, not like me I am a hearty breakfast kind of person. Really hope this goes away quickly, it's my birthday tomorrow and my whole family and some friends are coming over gonna be awful if I end up spending the day in bed :(
I think DH is cooking S/W Shepherds Pie today which is syn free and if I feel up to it, I will have some soup for lunch....well I am off to try and sweat this thing out, have a great day xxx

Oh no, so sorry to read you're not feeling better lily. Big hugs to you. You should go visit the doc if you don feel an better okay? X

Lily42uk said:
Feeling a lot better, other than a terrible tickly cough and a blinding headache, the sleep did me good,had a few bits of fruit and a bowl of soup for lunch. DH just cooked Shepherds pie, was really nice especially as he topped it with celeriac and butternut squash mashed into some potatoes with chicken stock, very tasty, was full of veg too, really full from it. Bless him he's even cut up a load of veg, carrots, celery, cucumber, and peppers with sweet piccolo tomatoes and put them in the fridge for me to munch on later if I feel peckish.
So today with my coffeemate and the extra gravy he made up with dinner I have had 2 syns, but I have to add 1 syn for the cough sweets I am sucking on, so that actually takes it up to 8 syns for the day so far...I am going to try and keep away from the suckies but it's hard when it's so tickly, may wellput on Tuesday as I was sucking them through the night last night and I actually lost count but I reckon if I stabbed at about 8 I would be close ...oh well can't be helped, have managed to do an hours exercise today although it wasn't as strenuous as usual, hopefully that will stop me putting on too much. Still will wait and see what the scales say Tuesday. Catch you later xx

Aww that is very sweet of your husband :) you're very lucky to have someone like that in your life :)

Roziee my hubby is either Mr sweetie or Mr pain in the butt lol depending on his mood, but I guess he'd say the same about me lol, we have been together 36 years almost, so I think we have got it about right lol xx

Had bacon sarnies for brekkie (HEb) with a little squirt of brown sauce, 1 syn....had a gorgeous bowl of soup for lunch and coffee with coffeemate for 1.5 syns that's 2.5 syns then after that I went mental lol....but I had been prepared to have a little blow out and I was good I made S/W syn free KFC, S/W scotch eggs (3 syns ) and cut them into quarters, lots of lovely snacky foods low in syns from Icelands platters range, all at between 0.5 and 1.5 syns each, had a huge salad and pasta with a syn free tomato sauce and a fresh fruit salad with lots of lovely fruit such as pineapple, strawberries, 2 types of melon, kiwi fruit and grapes it was delicious, I was good and drank no alcohol and didn't have any of my birthday cake either, but I did have 2 little cakes out of the Iceland dessert platter my daughter bought and they came to 4 syns. i knew I would go over my syns as it was my birthday so I set myself an upper limit of 50 for the day, I would say I well and truly stayed within that total as I mostly ate the syn free KFC, sticky chicken skewers (1/2 syn each) x 3 and Chicken tikka bites also at 1/2 a syn each...I didn't actually count how many I had but I would hazard a guess at 3 for the scotch egg, 1.5 for the sticky gammon, 3 for the tikka bites and 6 for the other nibbles like small bhajees x 1 for 1.5 syns and a couple of other items like that so for the day I am going to say less than 30 syns..and I am really happy with that.
I also did 1 hour this morning of wii sports and another hour tonight with 30 minutes of weights and sweated my butt off, so all in all I am very happy with my day and all back to normal tomorrow and wi tomorrow night ....Night all cya tomorrow xxx

Happy birthday lily. Well done for not having any birthday cake! Thats fantastic will power xxx

thank you hun, actually it's not will power at all...I am not really a cake person, I am more your crisps and nuts kind of gal lol....that's why they were right off the menu for yesterday, all in all I had a really good day and I am dead pleased with myself.
But had a very late night last night (4am this morning lol) and am running well late with everything, only been up half an hour, definitely not like me, up with the birds normally lol..oh well doesn't harm occasionally I spose lol and on top of that I didn't prepare any menus darn, better work them out lol
catch ya later xxx

Had another late start today, missed brekkie altogether and went straight to lunch...bet ya can't guess what I had lol....yep you got it Minestrone Soup (syn free ) and wholemeal bread (HEb), tea was a grill up 2 x Morrisons 60% fat free sausages at 1/2 syn each = 1 syn, with 150g of McCain Home fries, (3 syns), grilled and tinned tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, bacon and a salad with pickled onions, gherkins and beetroot and 2 slices of wholemeal bread and scraping of low fat spread (7 syns) and also loads of lovely fruit, strawberries, bananas, satsumas, pineapple kiwi fruit.
Plus had my coffee with coffee mate at 1.5syns = 12.5 syns for the day ....lovely jubbly lol cya tomorrow xxxx
P.S. had wi tonight and gained 1/2 lb...after the week I have had with this infection and my birthday I am pleased as punch with that, so now next week I need to lose 4.5lb to get my 4st shiny and I am going to give it a good go lol xxx

You can do it! I want to lose 3.5 lbs this week...what do you think e can do to achieve this? X

Back