Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Lily42uk

Gold Member
Wow where do I begin, my story starts 40 years ago when I first developed my bad eating habits.
Since then I have been on every eating plan, diet and fad weight loss programme imaginable, and to be fair I have had some astounding results, all of which have never lasted and all of which were accomplished without understanding what eating healthily was really all about.
5th of November 2010 I was cajoled by my daughter to join her local S/W group and I thought I would go along to keep her company, but didn't really think I could or would lose any more weight, as I had been dieting for the 3 years prior to this and had in that time lost 6+ stone, but for the year leading up to joining had remained at 25st+...so as I said with a lot of trepidation and not a lot of hope I set off and wasn't really shocked when I weighed in at 25st 3lb. So I went into the meeting and met my consultant Clive or God as I like to call him lol, who took me through the S/W talk and still I wasn't committed and didn't really think it would work especially as he had pointed out how much I could eat. I remember thinking no way is this going to work and when I weighed in the following week and I had maintained I was bitterly disappointed but also not really shocked. The day before I joined I had started a course of chemotherapy for a skin condition and that was on my mind and taking up my energy and making me feel a little depressed, I then missed my next weigh in as I had a very bad chest infection and had literally stuffed my face all week with rubbish to make me feel a bit better about how I was feeling, funny how others lose their appetite when they are ill, mine always becomes more voracious. So the following week I felt bad as I had stuffed myself and decided to really give the programme a good go before I gave up and when I got on those scales and they said I had lost 10lb and still, in my opinion, I had stuffed myself silly, I was gob smacked and then really up for the challenge which I have never ever looked back from. I have lost 49lbs in 7 months and I am happy with that and looking forward to keeping it going, although I do have some really bad times like everyone else, plus I am on a heavy dose of steroids which I take 90% of the time and which I think from time to time have a small effect on my weight loss or gains.
Well that's all about me and now to my food diary.
good luck everyone xx

:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your loss so far. SW is amazing isn't it? We can eat so much tasty food and still lose weight. I can't quite get my head around it, but am happy to go along with it :D

Loving the name of your diary hehehe

So food wise this is my food diary for today:

Breakfast: 2 slices 400g wholemeal bread (heb) and 42g reduced fat cheddar (hea), followed by 1 satsuma, 1 banana, 4 strawberries, all chopped and covered in activia ff cherry yogurt ...yummy

Lunch: Large bowl of Slimming World chunky Minestrone Soup, followed by 2 satsumas.

Dinner: 2 Young's cod in butter sauce =4 syns, Jacket Potato and mixed salad
followed by large bowl of sugar free jelly and chopped fruit salad = 0.5 syn

Extras: 2 heaped spoons of light coffee mate = 1.5 syns have to have my 1 cup of coffee and don't like milk in it yuk lol
Snacks : 1 Alpen summer fruits bar 3 syns

Total syns for the day = 9syns

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, lol I love the name of my diary but it's how I have felt for years, my excess weight amounted to 2 of my husbands lol he weighs 10st so being as I want to reach somewhere near the 11 and half stone mark, it's 2 of him lol.

Lily xx

You too are doing an amazing job, well done on your weight loss and yes SW is absolutely the best and I have to also say so is my consultant, some of the consultants I have had in the past with another very well known weight loss company have left a lot to be desired ...Clive as I said is for now God in my eyes ..so encouraging and such a good leader of us women and we are a rowdy bunch at times lol

Lily xx

aha i found you! so glad you started a diary! you've done so well so far! keep it up :)

hope you have a nice weekend

Thank you hun, I am amazed at how easy I found it to set up, like I said I really am a techno phobe lol
You have a great weekend too

Update to yesterday's food diary. Yesterday afternoon I seemingly came down with some kind of tummy bug, I had thought originally it was just too many veg and fruit as sometimes happens with me, but while I had not been able to keep off the loo in the morning and put that down to the fruit and veg, when I started to vomit yesterday afternoon I knew it was more so my food diary was as was written up to lunchtime, but my evening meal and the jelly and alpen bar went out the window and was replaced very late last night with a bowl of mashed potato made with a stock cube and loads of water.
So my total syns for the day were actually 1.5.
I am feeling a lot better this morning after a good sleep, although my tummy does feel like I have had someone jumping on it all night lol and consequently this will change my food plan for today, the menu I had planned for today is gone and I will now have to plan something light so as not to aggravate my tummy again. So now I will go and see what I think will be a good light days eating and come back with my food diary later.
Have a good day all xx

Any suggestions for today's light menu would be greatly welcomed, my head's not in it this morning x

Hi Roziee,
Thank you, was at my daughters when your post came up and I did have exactly that, was very nice and very light, ty feeling a lot better now and hopefully will be back to a normal me tomorrow.

Lily x

A late start I know, but I am feeling so much better today, had 2 slices wholemeal bread (heb) and 42g low fat cheddar (hea) for breakfast followed by 1 satsuma, 1 kiwi, 1 banana and a handful of grapes and strawberries with a ff activia yogurt and was unable to finish it ...that's a 1st for me lol.
Having lunch with my eldest daughter and her DH, we are having sausage, poached egg, tomatoes, bacon, beans, mushrooms and fruit to follow.
Dinner is Singapore Vermicelli with loads of stir fry veg, from the new S/W magazine and totally free on EE, looking forward to that one, 1st time doing this recipe so fingers crossed it will be a big success.
bowl of jelly and fruit for afters at 0.5 syns and coffee with coffeemate at 1.5 syns

Total for the day 2 syns.
Weigh in tomorrow night, fingers crossed even tho I have had a good week apart from the upset tummy over the weekend, I have had to up my steroids because my hands and feet are acting up again. So if I lose any amount even 1/2 lb I will be over the moon.

Wish I had stuck to what I said, had my tea and to be honest I didn't like it with the Vermicelli, but made it later for my youngest daughter after she had done her 10 mile walk, with Linguine and it was much nicer. But as I didn't like it I left most of it and then as I was hungry decided to have some light philadelphia 70g and crackers that's a total of 11 syns for a snack.. I know I am within the recommended 15 syns for the day but I do hate, especially the night before wi, losing control....oh well another day done and put behind me .

Thank you Aaliyah, I am beginning to think I may need all the luck I can muster up lol x

Well done mum,Im proper proud of you in the weight loss,but so much more in the exercise didnt think I would ever see you do so much.
fantastic and keep up the good work eigh in tomorrow xxx

Lily42uk said:
Wish I had stuck to what I said, had my tea and to be honest I didn't like it with the Vermicelli, but made it later for my youngest daughter after she had done her 10 mile walk, with Linguine and it was much nicer. But as I didn't like it I left most of it and then as I was hungry decided to have some light philadelphia 70g and crackers that's a total of 11 syns for a snack.. I know I am within the recommended 15 syns for the day but I do hate, especially the night before wi, losing control....oh well another day done and put behind me .

Losing control would have been eating 10 crackers with a tub full of Philadelphia.. You remained within your syns so you WERE in control x

Wi day today, had a really bad night's sleep last night, woke almost every hour.
Youngest daughter has a really bad cold and I woke with a really sore throat, hope I don't come down with it, haven't had a throat like this since I gave up smoking 16 months ago.
Wish the sun would come out and stay out, makes everything seem so much better and I can sit in the garden, instead of looking out the window at the dark rain clouds....another year with no summer maybe?
As I woke late after eventually settling at 7am this morning and not getting up till gone 11, I have decided to skip brekkie, something I haven't done in a long time too, and go straight to lunch. Yummy big bowl of Chunky minestrone soup, I could live on this stuff, so filling and so tasty and so syn free lol what more could a girl want.
Looking forwards to my tuesday night grill up, Sausage, bacon, poached egg, s/w chips, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, side salad and jelly and ice cream all for 2 syns, what a treat .
1.5 syns for my coffeemate and a grand total of 3.5 syns for the day
Off to do my zumba, and hopefully sweat of a few extra pounds, fingers crossed for tonight and gl to anyone else who has a wi today xx

oooh forgot to add the fruit I will be having, got some gorgeous plump strawberries and grapes, plus kiwi and satsumas, I often munch on them to take that edge off yummy in my tummy lol xx

Hi

Good Luck with WI tonight xx

Mel xx

Back