Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

WOW, i have just read the first two pages of your diary and i am amazed at how well you have done! I will read more when i have time, for me you are a huge inspiration as at my heaviest i was 24st 1lb, i lost 2 stone exactly doing Weight Watchers old points plan and then went back up to 22st 11lbs which i was on tuesday when i started doing the SW plan! Hopefully i will do as well as you! The hard thing for me is to keep going, with having lots to lose i know its a long term thing and i get fed up! Keep up the great work! xxx

Hi Rainbow,
Thank you so much for your kind words, I still find it very hard to comprehend that I could actually be an inspiration to anyone, but I know that if I can lose this weight then anyone can.
I know exactly how you feel, I still find it a little daunting knowing that even after having lost over 10st that I still have another 9st+ to lose, but like the title of my diary says....I am so sick of carrying round the 2 hitch hikers as I called my excess weight, (the reason for the name is because my husband is 10st and I had to lose 2 of him in weight, to get to my goal), I am just a little sad that it has taken me until I am in my 50's to become this determined and I am certain I owe my determination
or at least part of it, to my SW consultant Clive, he is the most inspiring, encouraging and helpful person I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He makes losing this weight feel almost like a pleasure, if you know what I mean, and the girls at my group are also very very encouraging and that makes me want to lose the weight so I don't let the side down.
If I can ever be of any help to you, or any one else for that matter then I am here and will do all I can to keep you going ...gl with your journey hun, you can definitely do this, and remember as Clive my consultant always says...if it takes you 2 years to get this weight off and keep it off...it's a lot less time than you spent putting it on xxx

Hope your foot is a little better today. Ouch that must have hurt. xx

Hi Lucy,
Oh yes it did hurt, and yes it feels a little better today thank you, but only because they gave me strong painkillers, which I have to take as soon as they start wearing off again. But I am lucky to have a wonderful husband and family ...I am just a little mad at myself for my stupidity and sad that I can't keep up my full workout, but that won't stop me doing what I can from a sitting position, only with a little more care and attention lol xx

Ouch Lily sorry to hear about your foot.Hope the painkillers are giving you some relief.Take care hun and enjoy some pampering:)x

Ouch Lily sorry to hear about your foot.Hope the painkillers are giving you some relief.Take care hun and enjoy some pampering:)x

Thanks surrey, I am such a klutz at times lol...I just knew before I started to do the new addition to my workout that I should maybe wait till I was a little more stable with the kettle bells...I was trying to do the figure 8 routine between the legs that is in the Kettleworx workout and I had done a few rotations quite successfully, but just as I came to swap hands with it the phone rang and I was distracted for a second ...doh....that was all it took ...now I blame it on hubby, if he hadn't gone fishing I wouldn't have worried about the phone and wouldn't have lost concentration lol.....the painkillers are great, really doing their job and helping me to doze off too ...had about 3 catnaps already today and really ready for the next one....have also done about half hour of upper body weights so at least keeping them going and gonna do another half hour a bit later and I will definitely enjoy the pampering that's for sure lol xxx

South Oxhey hun,
thinking of joining us ?...we'd love to have you xx

I would if I could get there on time.. Dnt get home till 6.30-7pm

That's a shame, I think you'd definitely enjoy it, the girls and guys are a brilliant bunch, so encouraging xxx

Wow you are an inspiration well done on your weight loss. what is your secret ( your soup?).

Wow you are an inspiration well done on your weight loss. what is your secret ( your soup?).

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for your kind words. There is no secret, I follow the plan as best I can, use the syns, drink plenty of water, exercise and yes the soup definitely helps. It keeps me full during the day when I am most likely to snack, plus if I am peckish late at night and don't want to eat syns, it's great as a syn free snack that's filling and sooo yummy, gl with your journey hun xx

EE

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (HEb) Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurt, Banana, Coffee 1.5 syns and melon

Lunch: 2 x Nimble 5 syns 1 tsp spread (light) 1 syn Eismann Kippers 2 syns SW chips and salad and a slice of melon

Dinner: SW chicken Dhansak and Rice with Salad (syn free)

Super: Lots of free fruits, cherries, banana, nectarine, plums and apple

Syns for the day = 9.5 syns

Last edited:
Had a couple of badish days...feeling sorry for myself really, but back on track now and hoping to at least STS this week

Breakfast: Beans on 2 toast (HEb) coffee 1.5 syns + 3 x plums, Banana and ff yoghurt

Lunch: Minestrone Soup + apple, orange and banana

Dinner: Pork, roast potatoes, 2 x SW yorkshires 4 synscabbage, carrots and caulifower + gravy 1 syn and 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce 0.5 syn followed by cherries and orange

Supper: 2 x Babybel (HEa) and a ff yoghurt and a plum

Drank 4 pints of water and did 1 hour of weights, can't wait to get back to my workouts I miss them so much xx

Total for the day = 7 syns

cya tomorrow xx

Ok feeling a lot better today and more like myself...also had a sneaky peak at scales and while I only ever go by the scales at my WI they do usually give me a good guide to what I have done....and they say I am down 1.5lbs ...if I STS I will be ecstatic so a loss and I will be absolutely overjoyed.

EE

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix (Hexb)
Mullerlight FF yoghurt
Banana...made a bonoffee pie lol yummy
Cherries
2 x plums
Coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Cherries
Apple
Orange

Dinner:
Chicken Cake (recipe from Laurie on minimins) 2 syns
Cabbage
New Potatoes
Greens
Carrots
Cauliflower
Orange
Cherries

Supper:
2 x Babybel (Hexa)
Cadbury Light Chocolate Mousse 3 syns
Banana
Apple
Plums x 2

Total for the day = 6.5 syns

Drunk 5 pints of water today and bought some herbal water retention tablets, as my ankles have been badly swollen for the last few days, can't keep off the loo lol and my ankles look great...also did 1 hour and 45 mins of exercise, so hopefully get that couple of pounds I need to get under 21st at WI tomorrow night, fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Hey lily- what's going on, why the off days? Tbh I had off day last week and the week before but was lucky to have lost weight..we can do this so don't be hard on yourself? X

Hey lily- what's going on, why the off days? Tbh I had off day last week and the week before but was lucky to have lost weight..we can do this so don't be hard on yourself? X

Hey hun , not being hard just fed up of sitting on my butt, want to get back to my full workouts, did manage about half hour of them today, and another hour and quarter of weights and resistance, but ended up breaking the resistance bands lol...don't know my own strength I guess. Still WI tomorrow, we'll see how it goes, but believe me I am in no doubt that I can and will do this, I just hate being held up when I am raring to go lol...oh and well done you again hun, great week, keep it up xxxx

WI today, finger's crossed :fingerscrossed: hoping for 1.5lb but sts would be ok....

EE

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit
Cup of coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Mixed fruit

Dinner:
Grill up: Sausages x 2 1 syn
Bacon
Poached eggs
Mushrooms
Baked Beans
Tinned and Grilled tomatoes
200g Oven chips 6 syns
2 slices Wholemeal toast, dry (Hexb)
Salad

Supper:
3 x Babybel light (Hexa)
Cherries
Orange
Plums x 2
Banana

Total for the day = 8.5 syns

Last edited:
good luck with the wi. heres hoping you get to the next stone bracket :) hope the leg is getting better

Thanks hun, I sooo want to get below 21st even just by half a lb would be fabulous lol. Foot is still a little sore and achy, but it's getting better, can actually stand on it and move about now and even exercise, but not pushing myself too hard right now, maybe another week and we'll see how it feels.
How are you doing hun, all good I hope xx

Back