Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I forgot this morning that I had already planned to have the Creamy chicken and bacon, so used my Hexa on the muffins, and it uses 16 Laughing cow lights for 4 people, well I just had it for the first time, OMG the sauce was better than any sauce I have ever had before, I would never have thought of making a cheese sauce with LC's and water...but it was really really yummy ...I am making Cauliflower cheese and Carbonara over the next couple of weeks, I know what sauce I am using lol xx

That sounds lovely we love cauliflower cheese how do you make it just laughing cows and water mixed together?

xx

That sounds lovely we love cauliflower cheese how do you make it just laughing cows and water mixed together?

xx

Yes 5 laughing cow lights (Hexa), not the extra light as they don't really melt and are in my opinion vile, per person and 100mls of warm water (the water is in total not per person) and stir over heat until they dissolve, add more water if you find it's too thick, but make sure you stir all the time as it will stick, really really yummy, enjoy xxx

Would be even nicer made with milk. Yum x

That it would but I am way too mean to use my syns ....water was just lovely lol xxx

True.. I dont syn milk sometimes lol

I wish I could do that lol but you can bet your bottom dollar the day I didn't syn it I'd put on 5lbs lol xx

Lily42uk said:
Today's menu

EE

Breakfast:
3 x Cheesy Muffins (1/2 HEXa)
2 x Plums
Huge Juicy Peach
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Apple
Handful of Strawberries
Water (1 pint)

Mid afternoon:
2 x Cheesy Muffins (1/2 HEXa)
2 x Yellow Plums
Cup of tea 0.5 syns for milk

Dinner:
Creamy Chicken and Bacon 6 syns YUM YUM YUM
New Potatoes
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Mangetout and Sugarsnap Peas
Strawberries and Ice cream (made from frozen Vanilla FF Yoghurt)
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
Banana
Plums
Peach
1 hi-fi bar (HEXb)

Have done 1 hour 30 mins exercise so far
Drunk another 2 pints of water

Total for today = 8 syns

Would you be able to tell me how to make the creamy chicken as it sounds lovely x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Would you be able to tell me how to make the creamy chicken as it sounds lovely x

course I can hun and it was deelish xx

Creamy Chicken and Bacon

4 Chicken Breasts
8 Rashers smoked bacon (all fat removed)
2 Cloves Garlic
Mushrooms
Onion
16 Light Laughing Cow (take as Hexa or 24 syns for all 16 = 6 syns per person)
100 + ml of water depending on how runny/thick you like it
----------------------------------------------------------------
Chop Chicken breasts into bite size pieces and fry in fry light over a medium heat, for 8 mins, chop bacon into strips and add to the pan, crush the garlic and add to pan, cook until chicken is browned and then put to one side in a bowl.
Chop onion and cook in the pan you used for the chicken, when it is just starting to soften, add the chopped mushrooms, once fully cooked add to chicken and bacon mix.
Put the laughing cow triangles in a saucepan and add a little water, put over a low heat and stir or whisk until all the lumps are removed and sauce is warmed through, add to the other ingredients and serve.

Serves 4

All these recipes are from this site, I have spent days trawling the site to see what I can find and I am still nowhere near finished, so watch this space lol xx

Lily42uk said:

Creamy Chicken and Bacon

4 Chicken Breasts
2 Cloves Garlic
Mushrooms
Onion
Chop Chicken breasts into bite size pieces and fry in fry light over a medium heat, for 8 mins, chop bacon into strips and add to the pan, crush the garlic and add to pan, cook until chicken is browned and then put to one side in a bowl.
Chop onion and cook in the pan you used for the chicken, when it is just starting to soften, add the chopped mushrooms, once fully cooked add to chicken and bacon mix.
Put the laughing cow triangles in a saucepan and add a little water, put over a low heat and stir or whisk until all the lumps are removed and sauce is warmed through, add to the other ingredients and serve.

Serves 4

All these recipes are from this site, I have spent days trawling the site to see what I can find and I am still nowhere near finished, so watch this space lol xx

Brilliant thanks! I tend to use the iPhone app so the search is rubbish! It took me ages to find your minestrone recipe! Need to get back on track cos I'm failing big time! Made a variation of the speed soup today with a few tins of stuff I had in the cupboard, so that'll be lunch for the next few days, and am starting running again tomorrow :)
Sorry to write randomness on your thread!! Lol xx

Last edited:

Creamy Chicken and Bacon

4 Chicken Breasts
2 Cloves Garlic
Mushrooms
Onion

Serves 4

If I was to make it for two how much water would I need (50ml)? lily, Its sounds lovely.

Jane x

Cheesey Muffins

Red Onion
Bacon
Sausage
6 x Laughing cow light
Warm water
3 eggs, beaten
Mixed herbs

Fry up chopped red onion, bacon, free sausages in fry light, (you could use mushrooms too, or whatever you fancy). Whisk 6 Laughing Cow light with a little water into a smooth paste, then whisk it into 3 eggs, some dried herbs and pepper.
Add sausage, bacon and onion to the mix and split between silicone cake cases. Put in a hot preheated oven for about 20 mins or until risen and springy to the touch.

I got this recipe fo minimins, I am in the process of "stealing" as many recipes as i can find that I think I will like lol...boredom has always been my downfall in the past so I am forward planning lol xx

I will be making these tomorrow, you make them sound so lovely and easy to make.

Jane x

JaneB said:
I will be making these tomorrow, you make them sound so lovely and easy to make.

Jane x

They do sound scrummy don't they :) look forward to my days off so I can have a go at making these x

If I was to make it for two how much water would I need (50ml)? lily, Its sounds lovely.

Jane x

I would put in 50ml hun and then you can add more if you need to, it really was gorgeous and very very cheesy, I loved it...added a few extra syn free veg to it too, like frozen peas and mixed veg and peppers, yum yum ..enjoy hun xx

Brilliant thanks! I tend to use the iPhone app so the search is rubbish! It took me ages to find your minestrone recipe! Need to get back on track cos I'm failing big time! Made a variation of the speed soup today with a few tins of stuff I had in the cupboard, so that'll be lunch for the next few days, and am starting running again tomorrow :)
Sorry to write randomness on your thread!! Lol xx

No problem tigger, you write anything random you like hun, and if you ever want any ideas, I have a massive folder of quick tasty meals ...and I am adding more everyday, plus I have every cookbook they have (well since I joined in November lol), I get very bored having the same meals all the time, as they say variety is the spice of life lol xx

Last edited:

Jane x

They were a piece of cake to make haha sorry about the pun, and really really quick, I liked them, hot but they were much more my cup of tea cold, I did make a :booboo: though, when I put them in the oven I forgot to set the timer then couldn't remember how long they had been in, hubby says they may have needed a few minutes more, so I would definitely watch your timing and make sure they are how you would want them, still deeelish though lol ...going to make more tomorrow, got told off for not keeping some for my daughter and her fiancée, I was a greedy girl lol (but as I told them I made them for me and used MY HEXa lol...I couldn't share them would have mucked up my Hex wouldn't it ?
(That's my story and I am sticking to it lol) xx

Was going to have the muffins again in the morning but just found this and I so want it, so this is brekkie ...I can't wait lol x

American Style Pancakes

225g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
84g oats
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla flavouring (don’t use extract as that is oil based and will cost you another 2 syns)
1 pot of vanilla muller light
2 tbsp sweetener
1) Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tbsp water, cover and microwave for 5-6 mins until tender.
2) In the meantime, blitz the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz again. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk or water but it should be quite thick, but pourable.
3) Heat a non stick frying pan sprayed with butter fry light and spoon batter into it (I used a ¼ cup sized measuring cup to measure it out, this made about 6 .5 pancakes) Cook for about 3 min on each side or until golden.

Makes 6 pancakes
2 x Pancakes = 1 x HEXb + 0.5 syns

...oh my mouth is watering already lol

Lily42uk said:
Was going to have the muffins again in the morning but just found this and I so want it, so this is brekkie ...I can't wait lol x

American Style Pancakes

225g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
84g oats
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla flavouring (don't use extract as that is oil based and will cost you another 2 syns)
1 pot of vanilla muller light
2 tbsp sweetener
1) Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tbsp water, cover and microwave for 5-6 mins until tender.
2) In the meantime, blitz the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz again. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk or water but it should be quite thick, but pourable.
3) Heat a non stick frying pan sprayed with butter fry light and spoon batter into it (I used a ¼ cup sized measuring cup to measure it out, this made about 6 .5 pancakes) Cook for about 3 min on each side or until golden.

Makes 6 pancakes
2 x Pancakes = 1 x HEXb + 0.5 syns

...oh my mouth is watering already lol

Sound lovely, but I'd be careful as they may need to be synned instead of HEB as technically the oats are being used like flour! Altho you're not going to eating them every day are you lol x going to try those cheese muffins tomorrow :) x

Sound lovely, but I'd be careful as they may need to be synned instead of HEB as technically the oats are being used like flour! Altho you're not going to eating them every day are you lol x going to try those cheese muffins tomorrow :) x

Thanks hun,
They work out to 2.5 syns each, I only had 1 so I can handle that, they were really nice and yummy, had a squeeze of Lemon and sweetener on them and a dollop of FF fromage frais with lemon flavouring and fresh strawberries...absolutely scrummy well worth the syns xx

Last edited:
Hello Lily (and all)
. Wow I feel like I've found home! I'm on thyroid meds too (125 mgs daily) other problems too along the way - won't bore everyone with the detail. Your story is so inspirational and I've really enjoyed your diary, trouble is I'm spending so much time reading everyone's stories I've yet to get to grips with the mechanics of SW lol with help I'm sure I'll get there.
Anyway just wanted to say well done so far and thanks for sharing - I reckon I'll be along for the ride now too x

Mutti-mum said:
Hello Lily (and all)
. Wow I feel like I've found home! I'm on thyroid meds too (125 mgs daily) other problems too along the way - won't bore everyone with the detail. Your story is so inspirational and I've really enjoyed your diary, trouble is I'm spending so much time reading everyone's stories I've yet to get to grips with the mechanics of SW lol with help I'm sure I'll get there.
Anyway just wanted to say well done so far and thanks for sharing - I reckon I'll be along for the ride now too x

She's fab isn't she :) x

Just saying hi Lily. Knew I'd find more recipes when I tuned back into you again.:p

DH just dishing dinner so got to dash. Be back tomorrow. ;)

Back