Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

I'd have had sister and kids clearing up their mess. Not suprising the kids are like that though when their mum reacts the way she does.

Lily - I'd not thought about your meds. My grandma can't have pineapple in any shape or form cos it reacts with her diabetic medicine.
I was a bit worried that I might develop an allergy to something I really like - and we all know that's chocolate.

I never thought of the meds at first, wasn't until you said about it suddenly hitting that it made me think, I too am diabetic and written in large letters right across the front of each pack of tablets is written do not eat grapefruit while taking this medication, that should really have given me a clue, but it's not the diabetic tabs it interacting with, well I don't think it is, that description I gave was for the psoriasis meds I just know in my heart it's to do with them darn it .......omg can you imagine being allergic to chocolate...might as well shoot yourself I reckon :8855: xxxx

Oh no, I just posted on your diary about how nice the day sounds and then your sister's devil spawn children went and behaved like that! Tsch, helps you appreciate your own being better behaved I would imagine at least :bighug:

Our children are better behaved because they get disciplined when they are rude or naughty, not laughed at ...some parents :argh:...love the description ..devil's spawn made me :giggle: xxxxx

Jackie hun, I hope you had a good evening and chilled out after it was all over xxxxxxx

Well I have had a really productive evening, went for a nice long walk with kids, Mal and Chester (I say a walk was definitely a drag actually :giggle:), then came back and did another hour and half on the wii and my weights and resistance, had a lovely soak in the bath, that was heaven as plumber came this morning (friend of Mal's) and fixed my shower and taps and would only take a tenner for all his hard work and time, bless him, so after my lovely soak I sat down in my bedroom, went through my wardrobe, chest of drawers and ottoman and sorted out everything that is too big and tried everything on too....was so funny as most of these items were a very snug fit not so long ago, but now slipped off me without me even undoing them lol...so I now have a mountain and I mean a mountain of clothes that are way too big for me and way too good to be thrown out, so need to sort them into sizes etc and decide what I will do with them.
The good thing is as I am a hoarder of clothes I have quite a few items that I have now grown back into and which are now back in fashion again lol
So my new profile pic is of the lovely top that sweet Jackie sent me and my maxi skirt that I had to stop wearing just as Kelly turned 18 as it was way too tight on me, Kelly will be 32 in 6 weeks time lol ...it now fits really nicely and as I said is back in fashion and in excellent condition, so thought I would get Mal to take a pic to show off my ever increasing curves lol xxxxxx

I did relax sweetie hence why I was quiet :8855: I had such an awful headache all evening and got up with one though :(

I love you in that outfit. Really suits you. You really suit the bright colours Lily as we have similar colouring ( I love all the bright colours you see :D)

Gosh re all that exercise you so put me to shame I really must make more effort. I do walking but thats about it to be honest. I've never ever liked any sport or exercise :8855:

Hope you have a fabby day sweetie xxxxx

Hi sweetie,
Glad you had a nice relaxing evening, really sounded like you needed it, I am still :flamingmad: about your sisters kids and to be honest, your sister too...I remember my niece being rude and telling me it's ok cos you don't have real carpets, when she had deliberately thrown stuff all over my expensive rug many years ago, (she's right I didn't have carpets cos I didn't want them I had a really nice, really expensive 3/4 room size rug, all the rage in the 80's) and can still remember how angry I was and that yesterday reminded me of that day which was 24 years ago, thankfully at the time for me neither my brother or sister in law were there as in those days I was less able to control my temper lol
Hunni, when you sent me the jumper it was so tight on me I couldn't breath in it but loved it immediately as it's the kind of colours I love ...I am so glad it now fits and even though I can see lots of lumps and bumps in that picture I am chuffed to pieces with the outfit on the whole, a size 18 skirt (albeit a stretchy waist) and a size 20 top...:woohoo: go me lol
Feeling a bit delicate today, we had fish and chips last night cos the kids decided that's what they wanted, was lovely going down but my tummy is talking and it's saying don't you dare put that rubbish in me again lol...can't take it any more think it might be another bad tummy day :giggle:...oh well my own fault xxxxxxxxxx

Hello Lily. while I have been pratting about and skipping from 1 diet plan to another and getting nowhere except maybe fatter..I see that you have continued to chip away at your weight. That profile picture of you is fantastic.. You look like a new woman .. Your determination and staying power is getting its just rewards.. Well done

Hope you dont mind me putting this in your diary but having read about Jackie's sister and children ..well Im pretty amazed how little respect they have .. Im a teacher and sadly have to work with a huge proportion of children and their children parents .. Its good to read that we dont all have the same values..

Hi Lily42uk, I just wanted to say a massive well done for losing all your weight! Ive just started my slimming world journey, but it gives me so much hope when I see other members doing so well x

Hello Lily. while I have been pratting about and skipping from 1 diet plan to another and getting nowhere except maybe fatter..I see that you have continued to chip away at your weight. That profile picture of you is fantastic.. You look like a new woman .. Your determination and staying power is getting its just rewards.. Well done

Hope you dont mind me putting this in your diary but having read about Jackie's sister and children ..well Im pretty amazed how little respect they have .. Im a teacher and sadly have to work with a huge proportion of children and their children parents .. Its good to read that we dont all have the same values..

Hi hun, :welcome: back, not seen you for a while, guess you're busy now the kids are back in school, do you get half term break soon?
Thanks for the lovely compliment, yep still chipping away and not going to give up till it's all gone...even with the odd blip, I am just so happy getting back into smaller clothes and have now realised I really want to be slim for the rest of my life, a few regrets that I didn't feel this way much sooner but not enough to let it get me down.
I am with you on that one hun, I often get verbal about the way some parents are with their kids and how disrespectful they are towards others...that made me so angry for Jackie, she's a really lovely lady and doesn't deserve anyone to treat her home that way let alone her own family...It really annoys me the way some parents allow their kids to be so unruly and I am sick of hearing people say "you can't blame the parents" ...yes you can in most cases, if a child is taught love and respect for everybody and everything instead of being shoved in front of TV's and the like there wouldn't be half the problems there are. I always and I mean always told and still tell my children that they owe me nothing as I chose to give birth to them,but I do command respect as I respect them and not only for myself...it's not hard is it ....sorry I could and would rant on about how parents don't give a monkeys these days :(
Hope you're ok hun xxxxx

Hi Lily42uk, I just wanted to say a massive well done for losing all your weight! Ive just started my slimming world journey, but it gives me so much hope when I see other members doing so well x

Hi Belle (makes me think of beauty and the beast my fave Disney film ) and :welcome: to my ramblings and rants diary lol
Thank you so much hun I really appreciate your kind comments.
Good luck on your journey hun, hope to see you pop in from time to time and maybe start your own diary if you haven't already xxxxxxx

awww Lily you are too nice to me :D

I am very cross. Both her kids are so badly behaved and rude and I dread them all coming round. They must sense it they really must as I hate every second and clock watch :giggle: when they get up to go its like I breathe a sigh of relief open the door, they go out and I shut it quick incase they come back :giggle: :giggle: I never wave them off as I am scared they might want to come back in :8855: :8855:

Gosh if mine were rude to anyone I would go so so so mad. Everyone has always commented on my kids' manners being lovely. They are often rude to me but not to others :8855:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awww Lily you are too nice to me :D

I am very cross. Both her kids are so badly behaved and rude and I dread them all coming round. They must sense it they really must as I hate every second and clock watch :giggle: when they get up to go its like I breathe a sigh of relief open the door, they go out and I shut it quick incase they come back :giggle: :giggle: I never wave them off as I am scared they might want to come back in :8855: :8855:

Gosh if mine were rude to anyone I would go so so so mad. Everyone has always commented on my kids' manners being lovely. They are often rude to me but not to others :8855:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am lovely to you sweetie as you are a lovely lady, you reap what you sow xxxx

I would be the same ...or would have been in the past, I now make it quite clear how they have to act in my home, don't like it , don't come...Mal's son brings his 5 year old around and they are the sit back and laugh kind too, but they know I don't put up with it and more importantly neither does Kirsty who is a Nursery Nurse, the second she plays up and she never learns as she is allowed to be a so and so at home, she is warned and then next incident on the naughty step and the way Kirsty especially, looks at my step son and his wife they wouldn't dare say anything :8855:....I thought they might stop coming over but no, Lucia (that's their daughter) used to say I don't wanna go to Nanny Lesley's house I don't like her or Kirsty, oh dear :giggle:, but they continue to come and now Lucia is beginning to turn into a sweet respectful little girl which is lovely
And to be fair my step son and his wife have started to listen although in my eyes the little un still needs to be disciplined a lot more xxxx

Well I have had a really productive evening, went for a nice long walk with kids, Mal and Chester (I say a walk was definitely a drag actually :giggle:), then came back and did another hour and half on the wii and my weights and resistance, had a lovely soak in the bath, that was heaven as plumber came this morning (friend of Mal's) and fixed my shower and taps and would only take a tenner for all his hard work and time, bless him, so after my lovely soak I sat down in my bedroom, went through my wardrobe, chest of drawers and ottoman and sorted out everything that is too big and tried everything on too....was so funny as most of these items were a very snug fit not so long ago, but now slipped off me without me even undoing them lol...so I now have a mountain and I mean a mountain of clothes that are way too big for me and way too good to be thrown out, so need to sort them into sizes etc and decide what I will do with them.
The good thing is as I am a hoarder of clothes I have quite a few items that I have now grown back into and which are now back in fashion again lol
So my new profile pic is of the lovely top that sweet Jackie sent me and my maxi skirt that I had to stop wearing just as Kelly turned 18 as it was way too tight on me, Kelly will be 32 in 6 weeks time lol ...it now fits really nicely and as I said is back in fashion and in excellent condition, so thought I would get Mal to take a pic to show off my ever increasing curves lol xxxxxx

Ooh dress up, sounds like lots of fun lol I've got loads of stuff in bags all over the house that I haven't looked at since before I moved last December. Don't feel brave enough to try things on yet... I know there's size 22 jeans and things lurking around that I won't be able to get a leg into yet :sigh: Soon soon :D

Lily i just looked at your updated pictures. You look beautiful :) congratulations.

You do look lovely and the deep red really suits you :) Very autumnal too :D

Could you do an ebay sale then you could buy some new slimmy things with the proceeds? x

I've only just worked out how to look at people's photo albums on here :eek:

And WOAH! You've come so far - the woman at the start looks unhappy, I think she's gone for good now 'cause she looks nothing like you :) x

Ooh dress up, sounds like lots of fun lol I've got loads of stuff in bags all over the house that I haven't looked at since before I moved last December. Don't feel brave enough to try things on yet... I know there's size 22 jeans and things lurking around that I won't be able to get a leg into yet :sigh: Soon soon :D

You do look lovely and the deep red really suits you :) Very autumnal too :D

Could you do an ebay sale then you could buy some new slimmy things with the proceeds? x

Hey Lo, Thank you for the lovely compliment, I feel so good today with all these nice things being said ..feels great thank you all xxxx
I loved trying on all the clothes and I loved it even more when they didn't fit cos they were so big.
I love the deep red top, Jackie sent me some stuff and as soon as I saw it I fell in love with it but at that time it was too tight on me (just a few short weeks ago).
I have a lovely pair of jeans my sister bought me in Florida about 5 years ago, could never get them above my knee before but can now actually get them up over my bum and acouple of inches away from doing them up....Kirsty did actually do them up on me but they really hurt felt like I was being cut in 2 and they are 22 USA size which makes them 20 UK...they are my Christmas Day Jeans I will be wearing them that day unless of course they are too big by then lol
I am in the process of washing and ironing all my outgrown clothes to do exactly that hunni, I have sold the large clothes on ebay before and they go really well...should be able to make enough to get myself a few nice new bits with the proceeds.

I've only just worked out how to look at people's photo albums on here :eek:

And WOAH! You've come so far - the woman at the start looks unhappy, I think she's gone for good now 'cause she looks nothing like you :) x

I was unhappy then hun and I think i looked really ill, which I obviously was carrying all that weight about...I feel so alive and raring to go these days I don't recognise that woman any more and she has definitely gone for good xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I love your quote about your children owing you nothing but still expecting respect.. spot on .. As for ''you cant blame the parents'' well !!!! Like many things nothing is ever anyones responsibility any more.. I honestly and truly believe that some parents havent a clue and I dont mean that in a nasty way.. There was a mum with bucketfulls of kids came to our school .. a teacher asked her if she liked children as she had so many... She more or less said no she didnt but couldnt stop having them. When the teacher went on to tell her about the pill ..she said she takes it every Saturday night when the old man comes home from the pub.... Honestly ..Now thats education . But by god , could she fill in benefit forms that I wouldnt know where to start with

I love your quote about your children owing you nothing but still expecting respect.. spot on .. As for ''you cant blame the parents'' well !!!! Like many things nothing is ever anyones responsibility any more.. I honestly and truly believe that some parents havent a clue and I dont mean that in a nasty way.. There was a mum with bucketfulls of kids came to our school .. a teacher asked her if she liked children as she had so many... She more or less said no she didnt but couldnt stop having them. When the teacher went on to tell her about the pill ..she said she takes it every Saturday night when the old man comes home from the pub.... Honestly ..Now thats education . But by god , could she fill in benefit forms that I wouldnt know where to start with

Hi dmb,
I am so sick of hearing people say you can't blame the parents...I think I could scream every time I hear it....it really p***es me off.
I am also sick of hearing the same thing said because of course they are council kids....no I am a council house mum and my kids aren't and never were brought up that way, I am the only one of 7 of us that never had the opportunity to buy my own home, but it doesn't worry me....I do believe there is such a things as council house mentality if you know what I mean, as in people stereo-type you if you come from council estates, but not all rough parents come from council same as not all decent parents come from the private owned sector.
I was taught respect, I have taught my children respect, many years ago I would have been the 1st person to say "you won't stop me from smacking my child", but I learnt that smacking them encouraged them to do likewise so I learnt other ways to discipline them and when they were disciplined that discipline was enforced, I am so sick of seeing kids grounded for a week and then next day they are out again playing...all that teaches them is ....nothing ...except that as soon as they are good for 5 minutes they will get let off...teaches them nothing about the reason they were grounded in the 1st place...I was harsher and to be fair both my girls have said they agreed with what I did as it made them think, I made my girls write an essay type thing to explain why they felt they had the right to be rude, naughty, smoke or whatever and I think it paid off lol...a bit extreme maybe but it worked...I am one of the huggy mums ...I always hug my kids and tell them how much I love them even now at 22 and 32 cos I do and I always will, they always tell me I am soppy but I can see they love it lol...oh and they compete with each other to see who can get the sloppiest card on b'days and xmas and make me cry the 1st or most lol....
Some people don't deserve to be parents you are right and you're also right about being able to fill in benefit forms...and on the other hand some people deserve to be parents and can't be ..so sad ...sorry told you it's a subject I get really fired up about lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi dmb,
I am so sick of hearing people say you can't blame the parents...I think I could scream every time I hear it....it really p***es me off.
I am also sick of hearing the same thing said because of course they are council kids....no I am a council house mum and my kids aren't and never were brought up that way, I am the only one of 7 of us that never had the opportunity to buy my own home, but it doesn't worry me....I do believe there is such a things as council house mentality if you know what I mean, as in people stereo-type you if you come from council estates, but not all rough parents come from council same as not all decent parents come from the private owned sector.
I was taught respect, I have taught my children respect, many years ago I would have been the 1st person to say "you won't stop me from smacking my child", but I learnt that smacking them encouraged them to do likewise so I learnt other ways to discipline them and when they were disciplined that discipline was enforced, I am so sick of seeing kids grounded for a week and then next day they are out again playing...all that teaches them is ....nothing ...except that as soon as they are good for 5 minutes they will get let off...teaches them nothing about the reason they were grounded in the 1st place...I was harsher and to be fair both my girls have said they agreed with what I did as it made them think, I made my girls write an essay type thing to explain why they felt they had the right to be rude, naughty, smoke or whatever and I think it paid off lol...a bit extreme maybe but it worked...I am one of the huggy mums ...I always hug my kids and tell them how much I love them even now at 22 and 32 cos I do and I always will, they always tell em I am soppy but I can see they love it lol...oh and they compete with each other to see who can get the sloppiest card on b'days and xmas and make me cry the 1st or most lol....
Some people don't deserve to be parents you are right and you're also right about being able to fill in benefit forms...and on the other hand some people deserve to be parents and can't be ..so sad ...sorry told you it's a subject I get really fired up about lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I enjoyed reading that.. it really lifted my spirits. You have got the balance right and Im sure you have the love and respect of your children.. I had the dicipline without the cuddles and a lifetime of reprocussions ( sp?) because of it.. One of them is my binge eating .. I do know what you mean about sterio typing people but I wonder how much of a person is in the genes and how much taught .. I have taught so many children from apalling backgrounds ..some are delightful and caring and others spiteful rude and selfish.. Hey ..Im off now too !! I better go and wash up ..

Hi Lily,

I have just been looking at your pics AND....

WOW... YOU LOOK AMAZING!!

You must be sooooo proud!!!

Your such an inspiration!!! :)

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep sick of it too. when all the riots were on they kept saying they came from poor families... I come from a poor family, we were bought up in council houses, we never had any money, we used to have to only bath and wash our hair once a week, and we had to wash our hair in cheap washing up liquid :( but we were brought up to respect others and would never ever have done anything like it, same as being rude.

I won't harp on as Lily said it all for me :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back