Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Awww that's wonderful news and a georgeous name xx

:wow: Great Aunty Lily :D :D: :D

Hope you feel better my lovely twin :bighug: see we even share our illnesses :giggle: xxxxxxx

I know, great aunt, I said I've always been a great aunt, my niece agreed :giggle:
Yeah I know we seem to do, say have everything the same or in unison lol.
I must apologise, when I was feeling okish yesterday, I advised you to go for a walk, I wish I hadn't gone for one last night, and I definitely won't be going for one today, in fact in a few minutes I am heading for my bed again. :sick:
Kirsty has gone ice skating and asked me to finish putting the last few bits in the slow cooker, looks delicious...cold or no cold, food is food yummy lol :hug99: xxx

congrats Great Aunty! x

What recipe are you trying today?

Its okay Lily I didn't listen to you anyway :8855: :8855: :8855:

nah seriously I didn't feel well enough so despite wanting a walk I gave it a miss same today

:bighug: hope you feel better soon lovely :bighug: xxxxxxx

Good job you didn't lol....hope you feel better too lovely :hug99: xxx

congrats Great Aunty! x

What recipe are you trying today?

Thanks sweetie, the new recipe is from the new All in one cook book it's the slow cooked gammon and cider ...can't wait, wanted a recipe for my gammon, I do love just plain old honey roast gammon, but wanted something different, so halved the gammon, one half to be honey roasted as normal and the 2nd half for this recipe...I always buy a huge gammon at christmas, but it rarely if ever gets used until after lol...will put the recipe up in a bit and let you know how it turned out :hug99: xxx

Feel better lily..

Bless Kirsty- 14 kids? Lol x

Thanks sweetie.....oh no not Kirsty :eek: she'd have a fit, she only wants 2-4, it's Kelly wants 14 kids she has 3 and is planning at least a couple more...I pray she stops at that then lol 14 grandkids from 1 daughter, it's hard enough having that and some from all my children and step children put together lol :hug99: xxx

oops forgot to put up my menu so here goes:

Menu Sunday 29th January 2012

EE

Breakfast :
None was still full up from overeating last night, going to just continue as if I hadn't but cut back on my syns for the rest of the week
Coffee 1.5 syns

Mid morning:
Hot strong NAS Ribena
Mandarin x 2

Lunch:
2 x Bread Hexb
Peanut Butter 4.5 syns
Banana
Mandarins x 2

Mid afternoon:
Hot strong NAS Ribena
Mandarins ...lots of Vitamin C

Dinner:
Slow cooked gammon with cider 0.5 syns
Extra veg
Jelly 0.5 syns
Hot strong NAS Ribena

Extras:
Fruit...mostly mandarins
Milky Coffee Hexa
Hot strong NAS Ribena

Exercise = none, feel too ill
Syns for today = 7
Syns for the week (day 6) = 77/105

Slow Cooked Gammon with Cider

1kg boneless joint of smoked gammon, all fat removed and cut into large chunks

2 onions peeled and cut into wedges
300g carrots peeled and cut into chunks
ButterNut Squash (not in recipe but I added it yum)
2 Bay leaves
6 Cloves
10 Black peppercorns
2 Fresh rosemary sprigs (I used dry)
100ml Cider-I don't like cider as a rule :yuk: but used Perry Cider instead
800ml Boiling hot chicken stock
Chopped flat parsley
=====================================================
Place gammon into the slow cooker pot with veg and add bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns and rosemary. Pour over the cider and stock and stir well.
Cover pot and cook on High for 5-6 hours or until the gammon and veg are tender.
Serve sprinkled with parsley.

Serves 4
0.5 syns
on EE
3.5 syns on Red Day
18 syns on Green Day

Drool! Thank you. Will defo try that one. I got the meals in minutes book but the all in one is next on my list!

Will write it down in my SW recipe scrapbook I'm collating!

Congratulations Great Aunt Lily!xx

Drool! Thank you. Will defo try that one. I got the meals in minutes book but the all in one is next on my list!

Will write it down in my SW recipe scrapbook I'm collating!

Hey Kath it was very nice, but unless you actually love cloves I would either leave them out all together or just put in 1 or 2 as they were really strong, make sure you fish them, the peppercorns and bayleafs out at the end too lol....it was also a little spicey, but we'd definitely have it again.
Oh do buy the all in one book, it's got some cracking recipes in it :hug99: xxx

Congratulations Great Aunt Lily!xx

Thank you sweetie :hug99: xx
Mazeltov Lily x Lovely news :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you hunni :hug99: xxx

*** My great nieces name according to my sister in law (her grandmother,she's scatty as a box of crackers and makes me look sane :giggle:) is Layla-May, but according to everyone else in the family it's Lyla-May, haven't spoken to my nephew yet but will get it confirmed shortly lol xxxx

congrats on becoming a great aunty :D

that gammon sounds delcious, I really need to give some of your recipes a whirl as they always sound fantastic :D

Thanks for the tips lily. I do like cloves but not that much lol. Going to tesco fri as its payday and that will be on the list!

Going to try the Cous Cous minced beef and veg recipe tonight :)

Congrats on great-auntyhood! How exciting. :D

The gammon sounds delish. Must put my slowcooker to more use. :rolleyes:

Thank you hun, it is exciting, I wish I didn't have this darn cold, cos now I have to wait to meet her and my phone won't accept the picture they've sent of her so hoping they are going to put some pics up on FB lol.
The gammon was awesome, was thinking last night, I will definitely only put 2 cloves in next time, the cloves were so strong we had to drain off the liquid and Mark then made his own "gravy" to go with it using ham stock cubes, it was absolutely yummy, shhh don't tell anyone but I had seconds :giggle:...mind you I often have seconds when Mark cooks ...twas only a little bit mind :hug99: xxx

:party0011: Congratulations Great Aunt Lily :party0011:

:heartpump: Love her name :heartpump:

Thanks sweetie, I love the name too, just need to see who has it right, Grannie or her mum's friends lol :hug99: xxx

congrats on becoming a great aunty :D

that gammon sounds delcious, I really need to give some of your recipes a whirl as they always sound fantastic :D

Thanks sweetie xx
The gammon was lovely, oh and yes Emmy do give some of them a whirl, I get so bored so quickly with food I have to keep varying it, so i try new recipes all the time, I'm sure that's half the reason I have managed to stay on plan so long with just a few blips lol.
As soon as a new cook book comes out in group I am in there buying it lol
Hope you're feeling better today sweetie xx:hug99:xx

Morning great aunty lily! Congrats on the fab news :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you hunni xxx:hug99: xxx

Thanks for the tips lily. I do like cloves but not that much lol. Going to tesco fri as its payday and that will be on the list!

Going to try the Cous Cous minced beef and veg recipe tonight :)

I'm the same I like them, but don't like them to over power my food and this really was overpowering, as Mark said, it was Rank lol...but when we drained off the liquid and Mark added his own ham "gravy" you had a hint of cloves but it was just nice.
Ooh recipe please, not heard of the Cous Cous minced beef and veg recipe :D: xxx:hug99: xxx

Congratulations on being a Great Auntie - hope you get better soon so you can visit. I've never understood people who are selfish about that and get UC & P with newborns when they are sniffly or worse. Don't they know they have no immune system yet.

The gammon recipe sounds good and I can't wait to get my copy of the book - hopefully at class tomorrow. But maybe next week as just ordered it last week. Oddly enough my C had never heard of it till me and 1 other member asked her for it.:eek:

Have you had a sneaky peek this week or are you keeping it a surprise for tomorrow?:confused:

Lily I love your signature!!! I can't see it when I'm on my phone so no idea how long you've had it up!

Morning btw ;)

Congratulations on being a Great Auntie - hope you get better soon so you can visit. I've never understood people who are selfish about that and get UC & P with newborns when they are sniffly or worse. Don't they know they have no immune system yet.

The gammon recipe sounds good and I can't wait to get my copy of the book - hopefully at class tomorrow. But maybe next week as just ordered it last week. Oddly enough my C had never heard of it till me and 1 other member asked her for it.:eek:

Have you had a sneaky peek this week or are you keeping it a surprise for tomorrow?:confused:

Hey sweetie thank you, know what you mean, I would never go near anyone that was ill or just had a baby, it's ridiculous that people do.
Unfortunately I feel terrible, I have a really bad pain in my side, probably from coughing so much, got itchy painful ears too and my head is really hurting, but my chest is what's bothering me most and the fact I just can't get warm....I will see how I feel tomorrow before deciding whether to go to wi or not. Not had any sneaky peaks as yet, but can feel an urge lol..not counting on any good results this week as I had a blow out Sat night, could not stop picking. :eek:
I can't believe your C hadn't heard of the book, it sells out as quick as it comes in to my group.
I am off to have a hot bath and do a bit more duvet time see if I feel better later.
Have a good day hun, hope you're ok? :hug99: xxxx
Lily I love your signature!!! I can't see it when I'm on my phone so no idea how long you've had it up!

Morning btw ;)

Thanks Lisa, it's only been up a few days so not too long lol, have a good day sweetie, catch you all later :hug99: xxx

Back