Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

have you tried the sw gala pie lily, that works well at a buffet.

on the banding issue, i seriously considered one last year but cos of my emotional issues with food was told it was not appropriate.In fact my gp felt that any surgical intervention was pointless cos that wasn't the problem:sigh:

As we all know the biggest part of this battle is psychological, changing our relationship with food.
I am with lily i didn't get this big over night it has taken 30 yrs, would quite like to take it off in 3 yrs at the most :D 6 st a year is the plan :D

my advice to any one now is don't do it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So the list for the buffet has been decided as:

Devilled Eggs Syn Free
Sausage rolls (SW way) x 2 large = 1 Hexb +1 syn
Pasta Quiche syn free
KFC Chicken strips syn free
Quorn Nuggets 0.5 syns
Pizza (made with a Tortilla square wrap, should work out to no more than about 0.5-1 syn a piece as the wrap can be cut up) 0.5-1syn
Scotch eggs 1 syn
Savoury Rice syn free
Pasta Prima Vera 1 syn per serving
Marmite Loaf 1.5 syns per slice
Curry Loaf syn free
Salmon Pate and Crudities syn free
Salad syn free
and especially for Kia Sticky chicken made with Fanta Orange same way as you make the diet coke chicken syn free
Sweets:
Coconut Maccaroons 2 syns each
Fruit Salad syn free
Key Lime Pie 3.5 syns per slice
Chocolate Muffins 2.5 syns each

If you can think of any other low syn of free foods please let me know xxxx

Lily, there's really no need to put such a lavish buffet on for me when I move in :D Simple chips and egg will do love :D :8855:

Such an interesting update Lily (and all) my friend had gastric by-pass - has lost 12 stone but she's always cold and has to take lots of vitamins to make sure she gets enough nutrients, her hair has also thinned and is very dry - but she is pleased and she looks good (down from size 24 to 12).
I'm not having much success on SW only 5 lb over 5 weeks and I'm looking at 100+ so your diary has helped me refocus. I'm half thinking of giving up going to class - so interested that you find it so motivational eerrmmmm -confused now LOL. I reckon one day you'd make an excellent consultant - I'd sign up now!

Sue x

Lily, you certainly lept back on the bike and took the yellow jersey this week.

We are so close together- I lost 4.5 this week taking me to 19:1 lb. We are going to hit the 18's together!

Just popped in to say HI!!! Lily,

hugs xxx

Lily, there's really no need to put such a lavish buffet on for me when I move in :D Simple chips and egg will do love :D :8855:

PMSL (strange they don't do a smiley for that!) @ Corkscrew!! So cheeky but funny! xxx

Lily when you have time or indeed anyone else.. What's marmite and curry loaf please? I've done a search to no avail.

Applekath said:
Lily when you have time or indeed anyone else.. What's marmite and curry loaf please? I've done a search to no avail.

I did too..marmite loaf just sounds so up my street
Recipe please Lilllllllyyyy ?

Hi HPP and :welcome2: to my diary, firstly hun, you are most welcome to stick around, come chat, give advice, ask for advice, moan, tell me off, do whatever takes your fancy, I am on a journey and I am taking it all on board so I am more than happy to be able to help with motivation or anything else you may need help with.
Do you stay to group or just weigh and go? As a big part of my motivation comes from my group, the support and ideas I get from them as well as what I get from my minimins friends really helps to keep me motivated, they are wonderful.
Another motivation for me is to set mini goals and join the many challenges on this site, I may not always reach my targets but I always give them a good try and that alone keeps me focused and motivated, along with the thought that I will and I keep telling myself everyday even on bad days, that I will reach my goal and soon :hug99: xxxx

Thanks for the welcome :) this site looks really friendly, but I haven't really had much friendliness in my direction so far if you know what I mean. Weigh in for me tonight was +.5lb but I don't mind too much, I had a naughty weekend. (Sad state of affairs when that's a pizza and not a fun getaway with my fiance :D:flirt2:) I really want to join in the challenges too, good motivation i think.. I got my bronze body magic tonight so yay! I normally stay for the meetings, but my group hasn't really taken off yet as far as the meetings go so it can be a bit hard going. I weighed and ran tonight though as it was my mum's birthday. Thanks again hun, I look forward to making new friends :)

have you tried the sw gala pie lily, that works well at a buffet.

Darn I lost the recipe for it, C did at group one buffet night and it was lush, put the recipe in the car and then ...poof...gone never to be seen again and I keep forgetting to ask for it, will have to seek it out, unless of course you have it Mandy...pretty please xxx :giggle: xxx
on the banding issue, i seriously considered one last year but cos of my emotional issues with food was told it was not appropriate.In fact my gp felt that any surgical intervention was pointless cos that wasn't the problem:sigh:

I consider that to be a lucky escape hun xxx
As we all know the biggest part of this battle is psychological, changing our relationship with food.
I am with lily i didn't get this big over night it has taken 30 yrs, would quite like to take it off in 3 yrs at the most :D 6 st a year is the plan :D

my advice to any one now is don't do it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am totally with you on that Mandy, I too set myself a target of approx 6st a year, diod it the first year then I stuck for almost a year, but this was all prior to actually joining SW properly although I did follow their principles and I hit just under 6st last year, so I am well happy with my losses and can't wait to get my 6st-ish off this year, that will leave me 2st ish to get off before my 55th Birthday next year that's when I hope to be at target by xxxx

Hun I always put a lavish buffet on when someone first moves in, cos it'll be the only time I do, you'll be cooking from then on in ;) :8855: :8855:xxxxxxxx oooops did I forget to mention that bit ??? hehehe

Such an interesting update Lily (and all) my friend had gastric by-pass - has lost 12 stone but she's always cold and has to take lots of vitamins to make sure she gets enough nutrients, her hair has also thinned and is very dry - but she is pleased and she looks good (down from size 24 to 12).
I'm not having much success on SW only 5 lb over 5 weeks and I'm looking at 100+ so your diary has helped me refocus. I'm half thinking of giving up going to class - so interested that you find it so motivational eerrmmmm -confused now LOL. I reckon one day you'd make an excellent consultant - I'd sign up now!

Sue x
Hey Sue, I think it's horses for courses as with all weight loss, someone will always find it better than others whatever diet, programme, plan or whatever.
Again the same with group, my group is amazing they really are the best group on the planet, friendly, helpful, encouraging and generally all round nice people and as for my C I was very pensive when I first joined a man running a slimming group, hmmmm but any man or woman that will stand in the freezing cold in shirt sleeves in the middle of a freezing November night, to console me, and encourage me and then tell me no matter what happens and even if it takes 10 years and even if he's no longer a C, he will be there to push me every step of the way, is God in my book and gets my vote everytime, I really love my group and we even have people leaving other groups to come join us as they've heard how great it is and it is and I dead proud to be part of it, just wish everyone could be part of our group...welshtigger came to our group and said it was great and she loved our C too, so it's not just me then lol
Stick with it hun you can do it xxx
As for me being a C, I have a problem with that right now, even though I know what the answers and arguments will be, I know if I walked into group and saw someone still my size running it, I wouldn't feel like staying...so once I feel happy with my weight and can give the impression that I would like to get from group, then i am definitely going to try for the Consultants job xxxx
Lily, you certainly lept back on the bike and took the yellow jersey this week.

We are so close together- I lost 4.5 this week taking me to 19:1 lb. We are going to hit the 18's together!

Lucia I am so overwhelmed as I said earlier, no one was more shocked than me ....didn't ever believe I had a 10lb loss in a week (although technically it was over 2 weeks) in me.....:wow: we are close just 2lbs apart, would be fab if we crossed that target line together wouldn't it xxxx:hug99: xxxx

Just popped in to say HI!!! Lily,

hugs xxx

Hey Sue will get onto everyone's diaries eventually, it's hard to catch up after a couple of days off the boards lol xxxx:hug99: xxxx

PMSL (strange they don't do a smiley for that!) @ Corkscrew!! So cheeky but funny! xxx
:8855: :8855: xxxx
Nom nom nom buffet sounds terrific

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks hun, there's never much left over so I am guessing they're pretty good too lol xxxx

I did too..marmite loaf just sounds so up my street
Recipe please Lilllllllyyyy ?
Kath and Kally I will put the recipes up in a jiffy :hug99: xxxx they are scrumptious xxxx

Thanks for the welcome :) this site looks really friendly, but I haven't really had much friendliness in my direction so far if you know what I mean. Weigh in for me tonight was +.5lb but I don't mind too much, I had a naughty weekend. (Sad state of affairs when that's a pizza and not a fun getaway with my fiance :D:flirt2:) I really want to join in the challenges too, good motivation i think.. I got my bronze body magic tonight so yay! I normally stay for the meetings, but my group hasn't really taken off yet as far as the meetings go so it can be a bit hard going. I weighed and ran tonight though as it was my mum's birthday. Thanks again hun, I look forward to making new friends :)

0.5lb isn't so bad hun a big wee and that'll be gone.....well done :woohoo: on the bronze body magic I loved getting my awards and have framed all my certificates....I still look at them and can't quite believe I earned them and it's even better cos myself and my daughter are the only 2 people my C has ever given the Platinum award to, he's a fairly new C, only been doing it 3 years...so there's plenty of time, but feels great to be the only 2.
Hope you're mum had a very special day :hug99: xxxx

Curry Loaf

1 packet of batchelors curry rice
1 tin of asda chick pea dahl
3 eggs
Fry Light

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make up the savoury rice as per the packet instructions.
Beat the egg and mix in the dahl and cooked rice.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and add the mixture.
Cook on Gas mark 6 or 200° or 400°F for about 40 mins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marmite and Cheese Loaf

1 x Hexa and 1 Hexb + 2 syns for the whole loaf

4 scan bran
1 x weetabix
42g reduced fat cheese
2 heaped tsp marmite
3 eggs
----------------------------------------------------------------
Break the scan bran in half into a bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 1 min. Drain and crumble in the weetabix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into a small loaf tin (it will come right to the top so put it on a baking tray). Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 for 30 mins.
This makes a very dense very filling scan bran bread.

If you prefer you can count the syns, it works out to approx 15 syns and is 1.5syns per slice (I found I could get a good 10 slices from it )

Oh wow! I have everything in for the marmite one. Will give it a go later. Thank you !

So the list for the buffet has been decided as:

Devilled Eggs Syn Free
Sausage rolls (SW way) x 2 large = 1 Hexb +1 syn
Pasta Quiche syn free
KFC Chicken strips syn free
Quorn Nuggets 0.5 syns
Pizza (made with a Tortilla square wrap, should work out to no more than about 0.5-1 syn a piece as the wrap can be cut up) 0.5-1syn
Scotch eggs 1 syn
Savoury Rice syn free
Pasta Prima Vera 1 syn per serving
Marmite Loaf 1.5 syns per slice
Curry Loaf syn free
Salmon Pate and Crudities syn free
Salad syn free
and especially for Kia Sticky chicken made with Fanta Orange same way as you make the diet coke chicken syn free
Sweets:
Coconut Maccaroons 2 syns each
Fruit Salad syn free
Key Lime Pie 3.5 syns per slice
Chocolate Muffins 2.5 syns each

If you can think of any other low syn of free foods please let me know xxxx

Yuuummmmm! Great buffet. Might have to borrow some of those ideas (it's my daughter's birthday on Sunday)

here you go lily,

12oz/340g el minced beef
1 level tbsp tomato puree
salt
black pepper
pinch nutmeg
pinch thyme
1 large egg beaten
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
pinch of allspice
1 level tsp chopped parsley
2 hard boiled eggs

pre heat oven to gas 5/190 c
combine all ingredients, except the hard boiled eggs, in a bowl and mix well
shape the mixture into a flat rectangle and place the hard boiled eggs down the centre. roll the meat around the eggs.
place in a 1lb loaf tin, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 45-55 mins then uncover and cook for a futher 10 mins to brown the top.

serve hot or cold

you can play with the seasoning to suit your self and i have also made it by skinning syn free sausage and using the sausage meat. i changed the spices etc and used sage and paprika

yumyum took it to a buffet at work and it was gone in seconds:D

the best bit its syn free :D:D:D:D:D

Can I suggest you start your own diary
its the perfect way to make new friends
on here chook :D

Curry Loaf

1 packet of batchelors curry rice
1 tin of asda chick pea dahl
3 eggs
Fry Light

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make up the savoury rice as per the packet instructions.
Beat the egg and mix in the dahl and cooked rice.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and add the mixture.
Cook on Gas mark 6 or 200° or 400°F for about 40 mins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marmite and Cheese Loaf

1 x Hexa and 1 Hexb + 2 syns for the whole loaf

4 scan bran
1 x weetabix
42g reduced fat cheese
2 heaped tsp marmite
3 eggs
----------------------------------------------------------------
Break the scan bran in half into a bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 1 min. Drain and crumble in the weetabix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into a small loaf tin (it will come right to the top so put it on a baking tray). Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 for 30 mins.
This makes a very dense very filling scan bran bread.

If you prefer you can count the syns, it works out to approx 15 syns and is 1.5syns per slice (I found I could get a good 10 slices from it )

Heaven I'm in heaven
all I need now is scan bran
but I don't go to class oh heck :rolleyes:

:wavey: hello my lovely twin :bighug: how did I get so behind :( I am so sorry

I agree re the bands :D At the end of the day most of it is psychological and I think me and the pods are proof of that. Some of us can sort our heads out ourselves and some like me need help :giggle: At least I'm honest :8855:

That buffet menu sounds amazing :D
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back