Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Menu Wednesday 29th February 2012

Breakfast:

Banana, Strawberries, Kiwi Fruit, Clementine, Blueberries (SF x 5)
Oats So Simple Hexb
Milk Part Hexa
1 tsp Golden Syrup 1 syn
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Mid Morning:

Green Tea with Apple and Pear
Grapes and Melon (SF x 2)

Lunch:

Minestrone Soup (Celery, Tomatoes, Carrots, Cannellini Beans, Garlic, Onion) (SF x 6) 2.5 syns for Cannellini Beans (while doing SE)
Banana and Clentine (SF x 2)
Water 1 pint

Mid Afternoon:

Green Tea with Blueberry
Apple and Pear (SF x 2)

Dinner:

Moroccan Aubergine Roll (Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Onion, Butternut Squash, Broccoli and Aubergines) (SF x 7)
Mixed Salad (Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cucumber, Onion, Spring Onion, Carrot and Cabbage grated and peppers) (SF x 8)
Coleslaw 0.5 syn
Water 1 pint

Extras:

Milky Options Half Hexa + 3 syns
Clementines (SF)
Grapes (SF)
Bananas (SF)
Melon (SF)
Mullerlight yoghurt

Water 7 pints
so far
Exercise = 1 hour 30 mins, Just Dance 3, Boxing and weights

Syns for today = 8.5
Syns for the week (day 2) = 18.5/105
Pints of water drunk =
Superfree foods eaten = 36 portions
Superfree eaten so far this week = 59 portions

Last edited:
Hard to believe with me now being a couch spud but I used to be fit never any good at running but I did karate and circuit training and and a couple of consecutive aquafit sessions per week. :D

Talking of kettlebells I saw a vibrating one on Ideal World at the w/end which had adjustable weights - supposed to give a more intense (OO err) workout and quicker results. My concern if I bought it though is would it just be a rather expensive doorstop??

Can't wait for the menu. :eek::eek:

oooh that sounds dead interesting ...might have to go look at that, love things that vibrate ;););):D:D:Dxxx

Oh and as for the ar$e falling out of the carrier bags, shouldn't be a problem if you use a bag for life :8855: :8855:, if it does fall out sue the supermarket/shop hahahaha xxxx

Recipe for Moroccan Aubergine Rolls ,,,incase you were wondering ......

Moroccan Aubergine Roll
Filling:
1 x Red pepper, deseeded and diced finely (I use a V slicer)
1 x Green pepper deseeded and diced finely
1 x Large red onion, diced finely
½ Butternut squash, diced into small chunks and microwaved for about 6 mins to soften
125g broccoli, chopped finely
2 x Aubergines, finely sliced lengthways
2-3 tsp Moroccan spice (Ras El Hanout)
Extra Lean Mince (Optional)
Sauce:
1 x Large jar of Passata
1 x Tsp crushed ginger
1 x Clove crushed garlic
Mix all this together and set aside.
Method:
Spray a large frying pan with fry light, place all the diced veg into the pan and cook until soft, and add the spice.
Meanwhile place your strips of Aubergine on a baking sheet and spray with fry light.
Bake in a hot oven for about 10 mins, turning once during cooking time. Remove from oven, take 2 strips of aubergine, laying 1 strip over the other to form a cross shape.
Take a big spoonful of the veg mix and place in the centre of your aubergine, wrapping the aubergine around the mixture to form a parcel.
Place the parcels into an oven proof dish, pour over the sauce and bake in oven 180-200 for about 30-40 mins.

This dish freezes well, make the dish up but don’t cook it for the 30-40mins, pour over the sauce and freeze.
When ready to defrost, make sure it is thoroughly defrosted at room temperature and cook as per normal.

SYN FREE AND SUPERFREE ON ALL DAYS

I adapted this tonight, couldn't be bothered to stand and roll up all the aubergines, so put a layer of them in a deep roasting pan, put the mince and veg mix over the top and then another layer of aubergines and topped with the passata sauce...yummy yum :D:

Last edited:
Wow what a feast Lily
can't wait to see today's menu now

It is a feast too, I love my Tuesday night Grill up, it usually costs me 3-3.5syns and a Hexb, but it's so worth it and feels so much naughtier.
I have a very voracious appetite so this kind of plan really suits me down to the ground lol xxxx

I was going to sit here and start catching up on the diaries, but I have decided to go do the rest of my tidying up and my exercise and then I can relax all afternoon ...so see you in about 2 hours...don't miss me too much and have fun :D:D:D

TTFN XXXXXXXXXX:hug99:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Great menus! You put me to shame with all the superfree you eat:eek: good to see you drinking more again - which reminds me I must have that drink I've got sitting on the side, not just look at it :giggle: Good luck to all doing SE. might try it sometime, like if I hit another plateau, or have a really bad day;)
Have a fab day :hug99:

AARGH posts all the wrong way round - I wish I could type.;-)

I now have the recipe. Thanks. :)

LOl ....hope you do try it cos it's really lovely and as the recipe says freezeable so you can make up a batch like I do. xxx:hug99:xxx

Great menus! You put me to shame with all the superfree you eat:eek: good to see you drinking more again - which reminds me I must have that drink I've got sitting on the side, not just look at it :giggle: Good luck to all doing SE. might try it sometime, like if I hit another plateau, or have a really bad day;)
Have a fab day :hug99:

Hey sweeite, the good thing is I absolutely adore fruit and veg and always have, it's the other things I need to get under control lol.
I am being really good and have so far had 5 pints of water and a green tea oh and plus my coffee ...1 cup a day from about 10 is good going lol
Have a fab day too hun, going to go visits some diaries in a mo xxxx:hug99:xxxx

So have had my lunch now and done 1hour 30 mins of exercise...did the Just dance 3 and followed that with 20 mins boxing and even threw in 10 minutes of weights too lol...feels good to be doing this because I enjoy it, not because I felt I ahd to so that I could complete a challenge....no more challenges for me apart from my 1lb a week and 1 hour a day...that's all the challenges I need lol xxxx:hug99:xxxx

P.S. Has anyone had a Pomelo or Okra? Bought a Pomelo last night as part of my try a new food every week regime...have seen Okra loads of times but have never bought it, just wondered if anyone had tried it, what they thought of it and even what they did with it...would love to hear your views xxxx:bighug:xxxx

LylaMayLimerick3.jpg
LylaMayLimerick2.jpg
LylaMayLimerick-1.jpg

Just thought you might like to see the latest pictures of my gorgeous great niece...Miss Lyla May Limerick...1 month old today and as cute as a button and so alert ...they don't stay little babies long enough :hug99: xxxx

Perfect, carrier bags ....4 cans of beans in each should be sufficient...perfect idea lovely :D:D xxxx

Four! 4! In each? Dream on. :eek:I'll try two in each and see how it goes. ;)

Recipe for Moroccan Aubergine Rolls ,,,incase you were wondering ......

Now you know we all were watching and waiting for it. :p

I've all the ingredients for that bar the butternut too. :D

I'm concerned over this green tea malarkey.
Hmmm a step too far for me I'm thinking.
Do you really enjoy it Lily?
I thought it was like pond. :yuk:
Not keen on cranberry either unless it tops a pork pie. :rolleyes:

Was Tuesdays a SE day? I'm highly into that tea you had. :drool:

oOh just flipped to your last page and seen the piccies of Lyla. She's so sweet.
I love that one where she's fast asleep. Their little chubby checks are adorable.
Can't believe its a month, tho. Wow.

Four! 4! In each? Dream on. :eek:I'll try two in each and see how it goes. ;)

Hahahaha knew that would be your reaction, well I guess 2 will do then :giggle:

Now you know we all were watching and waiting for it. :p

I did :8855: xx
I've all the ingredients for that bar the butternut too. :D
I don't have a butternut squash, well I do but it's huge and we are going to have it stuffed later on in the week, so i am replacing it with Celeriac yum yum xxx
I'm concerned over this green tea malarkey.
Hmmm a step too far for me I'm thinking.
Do you really enjoy it Lily?
I thought it was like pond. :yuk:
Not keen on cranberry either unless it tops a pork pie. :rolleyes:

Was Tuesdays a SE day? I'm highly into that tea you had. :drool:
I hate plain green tea definitely agree tastes carp, but there are some really nice subtle ones out there, I like the pineapple and Grapefruit, but fear that may have been what sparked off this bout of psoriasis on my face as I am allergic to Pineapple and shouldn't have grapefruit with the tabs I take for my diabetes, just didn't think but it's actually really nice, love the blueberry and raspberry, loved thr apple and pear and jasmine was ok nothing special but I'd drink it again and got blueberry on it's own to try this afternoon, cranberry was ok, not a strong taste, but I like the fact that it's a good diuretic and I do like a hot drink, miss my coffee but won't go back to it and get fed up with just water or plain tea and even milky drinks, I don't find they're too bad and at £1.26 for 20 bags I know Kirsty n Mark will drink them if I don't like them,so I buy a new box each week got a couple more flavours to try out, I think cherry blossom is one but don't quote me lol xxx

No it wasn't a SE day, it was a normal EE day...SE started today for hopefully 5 days...although with all the fruit and salad ate with it and after it technically it could pass as an SE I suppose lol xxx

Ahhh how adorable ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She is and I am going for another cuddle Monday, can't wait xxxx

She is such a cutie Adorable wee lady

Thank you hun she is isn't she xxx

oOh just flipped to your last page and seen the piccies of Lyla. She's so sweet.
I love that one where she's fast asleep. Their little chubby checks are adorable.
Can't believe its a month, tho. Wow.

Me too she is gorgeous, I still reckon her and Jamie will make a cute couple ;):D:D:Dxxxx

Cute piccies - love the Mallen streak. :)

Really special that streak, you'd know she was my nephews daughter just by her hair alone lol xxxx

Lovely photos Lily.................makes you go aaahhhhh xx

It does Dawn lol thank you xxxx

what a cute baby! she looks so alert too.

what a cute baby! she looks so alert too.

oh gmta, I was writing on your diary the same timne as you were writing here lol

She is gorgeous and very alert, they don't stay babies long enough these days xxxx

Back