Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Well done on the loss Lily :D

The pics of the baby are lovely. She's sooooo cute.

The pics of the cake are lovely too.

I don't know which I want to eat more, the baby or the cake :D

My C is always adamant it's 10/day for women and 15/day for men no exceptions no leeway. I'm sure she would rather not mention Flex syns either but she grudgingly does sometimes but is more an advocate of the save up/claw back approach.

No mention of weekly syns or extra syns for us curvys. Think her approach can be counter productive for some folks.

Amazing the diffs in various groups. :)

hey sweetie, :hmm: sounds to me like your C makes it up as she goes...I just searched the entire SW site to see if there is any mention of it being 10syns for women and 15 syns for men or anything else come to that and this is all it says (other than about flexi syns etc)
Step3: Syns

Syns include:

Alcohol
Biscuits
Cakes
Chocolate
Pastries
Crisps
Sugar
Fats

Syns are the way that Food Optimising gives you a wonderful safety net, to ensure you lose weight with a mixture of plenty of freewheeling, plus just enough structure and control. All foods that aren’t Free have a Syn value. Counting the Syns you use each day helps you balance your diet for optimum weight loss, and maximum enjoyment.

Enjoy 5 to 15 Syns a day - how many is up to you!.... this is copied and pasted direct from SW site...no mention of men or women, which I knew there wouldn't be. I agree it can be counter productive, My C also says that SW don't advise that you save syns for special occasions because you can flexi-syn, but he always adds .....but if it works for you then so be it. xxx:hug99:xxx

omg, that cakes looks amazing :drool:

and a massive well done on your loss hun :woohoo:

Thank you sweetie and guess what, I actually had a slice of the cake (we synned it at about 12 syns a slice, I will double check that and get back to you ) and it was delicious, nowhere near as sickly as it looked, very moist and we all voted it best chocolate cake we'd ever tasted :drool: xxx:hug99: xxx

Mmmmmh cake looks fab

and many congrats on the nice loss Lily xx

Mmmmmmh cake was fab :giggle: xxx
Thanks hunni :hug99: xxxx

Hi Lily just wanted to add my congrats on your brill loss........looks like you found what works for you :):):)

It sure does look like it works, I will be dead chuffed if I can get 1lb off a week, anything else is a bonus and thanks sweetie :hug99: xxx
Well done on your loss! that cake looks amazing (although too chocolatey for me! and I'm a chocolate lover :giggle:) have a great day with all the celebrations etc. good to know about the syns too. Most days I don't need the full amount, but others...well it's good to know there's a bit of play if needs be. :eek: time to catch up with my own diary now lol :hug99:

Hey sweetie, if you ignore all the chocolates on the board surrounding the cake it was actually really really nice, nowhere near as sickly as it looks, Mark (who never eats cake cos he's not keen, had 2 slices and wanted more lol).
That's exactly what I said, I don't and won't use the syns any different to how I normally do, had a flexi syn day today but back on plan tomorrow but it is good to know that they are there if need be and we should be informed of it even if told they should only be used as emergency :hug99: xxxxx

Well done on the loss Lily :D

The pics of the baby are lovely. She's sooooo cute.

The pics of the cake are lovely too.

I don't know which I want to eat more, the baby or the cake :D

Hey Tilly hun, Thank you so much and it's good to see you here sweetie.
You do make me laugh, and I totally agree....now and I never thought I'd say this, as gorgeous and as scrummy as Miss Lyla May looks the cake was bl00dy wonderful and that from a non chocolate eating person is a real compliment lol
Take care lovely :hug99: xxx

Hey lovelies, I was going to come and have a look on your diary's and do some catching up, but I am shattered, been a long few days and I just want my bed, so i am going to get me some zzzzz's and do the catching up tomorrow.
Kia had a blinding day and I did laugh she got £195 for her birthday from various aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great grand parents and so on and lots of lovely lovely presents from mum and dad but the biggest whoop came from a lowly £7 Hidden Objects game we bought her for her to play lol...see all the top games and toys don't count for Jack Sh*t when they like something they like it no matter how cheap it is lol
Well nighty night all, sweet dreams, cya on the morrow :hug99: xxxx:zz:xxxx

I might nit be about tomorrow as going to creative stiches and hobbycrafts show all day and likely will be bushed when I get back.

So have a good day Thursday. Hun.

Have a good day hun, love crafts too, no good at stitching of any kind but I do like making my own cards and designing my own gifts and then making them...picture frames, jewellery boxes etc.
Speak to you soon :hug99: xxxxxxx

Lily I'm so chuffed and just had to tell you, I was awarded greatest looser for my group tonight and sotm , yipee

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:drool: it sounds delicious Lily

It sounds like a great day was had by all, hope you got a nice rest in

Have a great day today xx

Lily I'm so chuffed and just had to tell you, I was awarded greatest looser for my group tonight and sotm , yipee

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:woohoo: :winner: That's fantastic sweetie, 2 awards in one night, you are a star lovely...I hope you're still buzzing, you should be , you are doing a fabulous job :hug99: xxxx

:drool: it sounds delicious Lily

It sounds like a great day was had by all, hope you got a nice rest in

Have a great day today xx

Hey sweetie, the cake really was yummy, I can't believe that's me saying that lol but I rather under synned it :eek: was trying to remember all the ingredients off the top of my head, and I got them all correct except, I left off the frosting on top forgot to count that and that works out to another 6 (cream and chocolate frosting :eek:) so the syns per slice were 18 and they were tiny we managed to get 18 slices out of that tiny cake lol...thank god. But worth it, just fopr 1 day a year :giggle:
I did have a nice rest hun, thank you, for the first time in ages fell asleep early and slept like a log, but woke with severe back ache ...always a price to pay eh lol
Have a lovely day hun :hug99: xxxxx

Happy International Women's Day Lily xx

Hey sweetie, Happy Internationsl Women's Day back at ya Lynne...hope it's a great one :hug99: xxxxxx

Good morning Lovely lil

That cake loooooooked so good I can almost taste it!!! I have given chocolate up for Lent so nearly licked the screen heheh

Well done on the biggest loser that is fantastic your so great :) Sorry I dont have time to always post on your diary.

xxxxx

Good morning Lovely lil

That cake loooooooked so good I can almost taste it!!! I have given chocolate up for Lent so nearly licked the screen heheh

Well done on the biggest loser that is fantastic your so great :) Sorry I dont have time to always post on your diary.

xxxxx

Good Morning sweetie, that cake even from a non chocolate eaters point of view was very yummy, looked so sickly but was in fact the dead opposite and was actually very moresome lol
I gave up cheese for lent as I don't really eat chocolate, I thought I'd really miss it, but I'm not funnily enough
Thank you hun, it's always lovely to receive awards isn't it, the more the merrier I say lol
I know what you mean about not having enough time to always post, it's fine sweetie, we all have lives outside of Mini's and we always catch up eventually don't we :hug99:

I popped onto FB last night, don't often get the time to do that either these days, and was scrolling back and noticed that a certain someone had some really good news of her own :woohoo: I am so made up for you sweetie, I know how you've struggled (money) and I am just so happy that the new job will help to eleviate those pressures, it's hard enough following any plan but on a low budget it must be dire (I know I did years ago but to be honest, it seems a distant memory lol)...I just know you will be a big asset to the company your working for...well done sweetie :bighug: xxxxxx

Hope the backache quits soon, Lily.

I'm forcing myself not to go back and look at the cake. Must be strong! :)

Thanks hun, made Mal get me my trusty old hot water bottle out, not used it anywhere as much as I used to ...thank god lol
I'm forcing myself not to go back to Kelly's and have another slice, there were 3 slices left and another 4 slices left of the mango and passionfruit cheesecake with lemon curd topping :drool: that I made ...mind you Simon had not long got in from work when we left there last night so I am assuming there will be zilch left by now :giggle: Mal has started to put on weight, finally, gone from 9st 12lbs to 10st 8lbs since giving up smoking , thank you god....Simon has never smoked and eats like s horse, you don't wanna see what that man eats and is still less than 10st and 5ft 10 ins ....stick insect lol :hug99: xxxx

Afternoon Lily x
Merry Thursday and FB checky upping day..
Hope the back improves soon

Merry Thursday Lovely and yeah the back feels better although I haven't moved since Mal made me the HWB lol....nothing like a warm bottle to ease an aching back....it''s definitely cos I slept too long, my backs not used to being in that one position for so long lol normally only gets 4-5 hours a night not 8 and a half hours :eek: :hug99: xxxx

You stay with your feet up and let the others do everything. I might get a hot water bottle and join you ;)

Hey sweetie, how are you feeling today? :hug99:
I really wish I could and even a few years ago would have done, but I have these urges to get up and do things now. Was on the phone to my sister for about 2 hours yesterday, found myself wiping down cupboards and the freeezer and all my facia's ...what's wrong with me...I used to love a good natter with me feet up and a good drink and snack close by, think i need to buy me some lead boots :giggle: :hug99: xxxxx

I'm not as good as yesterday but not as bad as some days. I seem to do a lot of pacing about at the moment which is strange for me cos normally I could quite happily sit still for hours :rolleyes:

Sorry I disappeared in the middle of our conversation, had to get something to eat, started to feel all shaky....forgot to have brekkie, where the heck does the time fly, it was 8.30am a few minutes ago lol....I forget I am diabetic a lot of the time, everything is so well under control, but I reckon with the sugar overload last night and no brekkie this morning it all caught up, still I ended up shouting at Mal down the phone, the man drives me mad, he was going out so asked him to pick me up a couple of bits from Lakelands, Tiger and Tesco...Spatulas from Lakelands, Flan dish from Tigers (took one of my nice ones to Kelly's last night, doubt I'll get it back lol) and Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese from Tesco, easy right ....so why have I now had 11 phone calls...can't find ...what does he want me to do????? then another phone call not to worry I found it :argh:, then another is this the right one ...F*ck off you jerk I can't see it and I don't care right now, leave the f***ing cheese ...it's not for me anyway .....but I have now eaten and feel a whole lot calmer, so had to ring him back and apologise damn it, otherwise I'll have him sulking for the next month ...MEN pah!!!!

Sorry to hear your not feeling as good today, I know exactly how you feel sweetie, but it will get better I promise you, all I can say is stick with what you're doing, it's the right thing (even on the days when you feel like saying F**k it I can't be bothered with this ) and talk as much as you want to or can do it will help even if it's a load of drivel, as long as it makes you feel better that's what counts, sending you big hugs and loads of love sweetie :bighug: :love:
Take care and I hope tomorrow is an even better day :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxx

I got broken off too cos of stupid hubbie wanting to use the computer. The laptops totally b*ggered now so we have to share the computer :rolleyes: I don't like sharing.

My Grandma gets short tempered when she's had too much sugar. Do you think it would be very bad of me to pretend to be diabetic just so I can shout at hubbie and then so sorry it's my blood sugar ;)

Back