Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Lol @ Mal rant :giggle: Men indeed

It so winds me up...he likes to go out every day, that's good and I am happy for him to do it ...gives us both a break from each other, I can't always go with him, depends on my back or my psoriasis, but you can bet your bottom dollar if I ask him to pick anything up I will get 10-20 calls about it even though I write down the exact name, weight price etc...he still has to check a foooking hundred times :argh: xxxxxxx
I got broken off too cos of stupid hubbie wanting to use the computer. The laptops totally b*ggered now so we have to share the computer :rolleyes: I don't like sharing.

Mal and I have his n hers laptops, can't be having to share if anything goes wrong with his lappy tough, if mine goes wrong :fingerscrossed: touch wood it doesn't.... I have a 3 month old desktop puter upstairs that he isn't allowed to touch, we share everything but our puters lol

My Grandma gets short tempered when she's had too much sugar. Do you think it would be very bad of me to pretend to be diabetic just so I can shout at hubbie and then so sorry it's my blood sugar ;)

Oh god yeah definitely pretend to have diabetes it really gets me out a few binds :giggle: and I am the same as your Gran, if I overload on sugar I immediately get angry :mad:....my mother was diabetic and I always remember her having bouts of anger and her then crying:cry: and saying sorry it's my diabetes and I used to think yeah right, but I now know it probably was ....oooops :8855: xxxxx

I thought we all shouted at them and blamed our hormones.
They can't bat back with anything there.
Not letting DH see this thread cos he'll go all diabetic on me to get his own back.

I'm gonna look out my hottie bot tomorrow. I want a day on sofa, too. I've not caught up with upstairs, downstairs yet.

I thought we all shouted at them and blamed our hormones.
They can't bat back with anything there.
Not letting DH see this thread cos he'll go all diabetic on me to get his own back.

I'm gonna look out my hottie bot tomorrow. I want a day on sofa, too. I've not caught up with upstairs, downstairs yet.

Hey Crumble, yeah we do all blame our hormones, but I have noticed that men are starting to do the same, if your hubby isn't yet, he may not be old enough but I assure you he will...oneday.... and you need to be ready with a back up plan, hence the diabetes, you can even print out the gumph on diabetes and show him innocently and with a tear in your eye how it's not your fault, the rages and tantrums are all part of the diabetes ....*sniffle* *devious grin* while he's hugging you and saying never mind we'll get through it together :8855: xxxxx

Hey Crumble, yeah we do all blame our hormones, but I have noticed that men are starting to do the same, if your hubby isn't yet, he may not be old enough but I assure you he will...oneday.... and you need to be ready with a back up plan, hence the diabetes, you can even print out the gumph on diabetes and show him innocently and with a tear in your eye how it's not your fault, the rages and tantrums are all part of the diabetes ....*sniffle* *devious grin* while he's hugging you and saying never mind we'll get through it together :8855: xxxxx

Love it! May have to print this post off for future reference. :8855:

Hey everyone well what a idjeet I am :giggle: I wrote on everyone's diary this morning pretty sure I didn't forget to write on anyone's .....except my own hahahaha :d'oh: if brains were dynamite I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose somedays lol
Well I have been busy since this morning, got my friend coming for dinner tonight, we worked together at the Elderly Residential Home for 9 years and only see each other now about 3 times a year, she's a lovely lady, never married she said cos Elvis was already taken :8855:, spose that's a good reason not to get hitched then lol
Am cooking her a lovely SW meal....I know from last time she was here that she was impressed by the food and am looking forwards to her reaction to tonights meal....I always try to do something a little different everytime she comes over, so have opted for :

Starter : SW Tomato Soup...
Main : Pastitso
Dessert: A choice of Fresh Fruit with with Total 0% Cream (that's Total 0% Greek Yoghurt, sweetener to taste, a dash of lemon juice and a dash of vanilla essence, makes a lovely cream tastes just like real cream and not yoghurt yum yum ) or SW Eton Mess (Jane's recipe) double yum lol

So I am going to disappear shortly and most likely won't be back until either very late (Jo my friend never leaves early lol) or tomorrow,. so have a great day all and cya soon :hug99: xxxxxxx

Can I come please :D

hope u had a great night. menu sounds fab!

:wavey: Morning Lily :wavey:

Menu sounded lush for last night, hope you had a good evening with your friend x

Hey Lily, hope you're having a fab weekend.

Thank you again so much for your words on my diary. I've drunk my weight in water after a night on the gin lol

Can I come please :D

Sweetie you can come to dinner, lunch, brekkie, s0d it just come live here :giggle: anytime you like :hug99: xxxx
Have a lovely time with your friend Lily menu sounds lush...
Doggy bag ????

Hey sweetie, I did have a lovely time, it's good to catch up isn't it ?
Awww if you'd said earlier I would have done you a doggy bag, we had a fair bit left over (I still think I'm cooking for 9 lol I used to cook for the whole family when I was a kid ), but we had it for brekkie this morning was lush last night today it was even better lol :hug99: xxx

Hi Lily - Just a quick post from me as I'm so tired I need to go home from work and am going to try to get a nap as soon as I get in. I'm too old to do a full day out on a school night (yawwwwwwwwwwwn) :)

Have a good night with your friend. I'm off back to the show tomorrow too so will catch up with you sometime. :)

Naughty naughty and on a school night too :giggle:
Glad you had fun though and hope you have as much fun today, take care lovely and speak to you soon :hug99: xxxxx

hope u had a great night. menu sounds fab!

I had a very good night thanks hun, and food was to die for ...yummy we were so full lol and all for 3 syns too amazing I love SW XXX:hug99: XXXX
:wavey: Morning Lily :wavey:

Menu sounded lush for last night, hope you had a good evening with your friend x
Thanks hun, food ..:wow: was delish and my friends not bad either lol :hug99: xxxx
Hope you had a good time with your friend lovely Lily :bighug: menu sounded lush xxxxxxxxxx

Hello lovely, good to see you here my lovely twin, had a great time with my friend, I am glad we only get to see each other a few times a year, we just don't stop talking, she got here at 6.30pm and finally left at 3.15am lol and we just talked the night away, couldn't believe it had got so late lol...food was to die for you must, if you haven't already, try the Pastitso, and I don't normally eat Macaroni as I hated Macaroni Cheese as a kid ...but it was lush and we ended up having the Eton Mess as she'd never had it before, she couldn't believe the food was all SW, said it seeemd so much naughtier than that lol
Big reason why I love SW food is that it does seem a lot naughtier lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Hey Lily, hope you're having a fab weekend.

Thank you again so much for your words on my diary. I've drunk my weight in water after a night on the gin lol

I am having a great weekend hun, even if my psoriasis decided last night to play up and appear all over my feet again :eek:, but I just kept calm and have lathered it with the ointment and it feels a lot less sore today ....seems to be calming down a lot quicker even when I have a flare up now so it's all good.
Good girl, the water should wash it all away, but make sure you keep on drinking plenty :hug99: xxxxxxxxx

Give me 5 mins and I will post it up for you hun :hug99: xxxxxxx

Pastitso

1 medium onion
3 garlic clove
¾ pt - 1pt vegetable stock
1tsp dried coriander leaf, dried basil, smoked paprika, parsley
1/2 tsp dried chilli
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1lb Extra Lean mince or Quorn Mince
14oz can chopped tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8oz macaroni or other similar pasta
12oz fat free natural fromage frais
2 medium eggs, beaten
4 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese

method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and place in a saucepan along with 142ml/¼ pt of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the herbs, cinnamon, mince, tomatoes and remaining stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season well.
3. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain well and mix into the mince. Pile into an ovenproof dish and place on a baking sheet.
4. Mix the fromage frais with the eggs and some seasoning and spoon over the top of the mince and macaroni. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 50 minutes until the topping is set and lightly golden.

I served this with a Jacket Potato and Salad xx

Last edited:
Oh and I would use 1pint of stock next time, I used 3/4 pint last night and while it was quite moist I think the extra quarter of a pint would have made it a little moister and I would have prefered that, also I have a fan assisted oven and it only took 35 mins to cook not the 50 mins they said

Pastitso

1 medium onion
3 garlic clove
¾ pt - 1pt vegetable stock
1tsp dried coriander leaf, dried basil, smoked paprika, parsley
1/2 tsp dried chilli
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1lb Extra Lean mince or Quorn Mince
14oz can chopped tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8oz macaroni or other similar pasta
12oz fat free natural fromage frais
2 medium eggs, beaten
4 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese

method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and place in a saucepan along with 142ml/¼ pt of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the oregano, cinnamon, Quorn mince, tomatoes and remaining stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season well.
3. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain well and mix into the Quorn mince. Pile into an ovenproof dish and place on a baking sheet.
4. Mix the fromage frais with the eggs and some seasoning and spoon over the top of the Quorn and macaroni. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 50 minutes until the topping is set and lightly golden.

I served this with a Jacket Potato and Salad xx

:drool: Consider that up there ^^^^^ well and truly nicked! :giggle:

Well, I turn my back for two mins and you're off having dinner parties, entertaining friends and having fun :eek: :giggle:

Sounds like you had a lovely time Lils :D It's fab to catch up with friends and have a good chin wag........in my case, that would be chins wag :giggle: Food sounds delish as does everything you make. I'll move in after Easter if that's ok?? I need some of your grub :drool: :D

Have a lovely weekend chick xxx

:drool: Consider that up there ^^^^^ well and truly nicked! :giggle:

Well, I turn my back for two mins and you're off having dinner parties, entertaining friends and having fun :eek: :giggle:

Sounds like you had a lovely time Lils :D It's fab to catch up with friends and have a good chin wag........in my case, that would be chins wag :giggle: Food sounds delish as does everything you make. I'll move in after Easter if that's ok?? I need some of your grub :drool: :D

Have a lovely weekend chick xxx

Oh do please nick it, it's really yum, even Mal who constantly complains that he doesn't like certain foods and in particular anything with Pasta of any kind was praising it ...it was so nice to have something a little different to the same dishes we keep eating, talking of which Mark is cooking tonight and has decided to bring back the delicious Honey Roast Chicken yum :drool:, this is a recipe from my Diabetic cook book and we adapted it to make it SW friendly although I don't think we actually did many changes to be honest and it is really popular with everyone...My sisters other half is a typical Northern Guy (as per the stereotype of Northern men) in that he will only eat Meat and 2 veg etc and none of this fancy nancy stuff as he calls it :giggle: well he has fallen for thei dish and he just loves it to bits ...first time I gave it to him he was polite cos it was our first meal together and didn't actually bemoan it, but was very pensive about having his dinner covered in honey lol...he was soon asking if there were seconds and my sister says he always asks her to make it now lol...it's good yum yum xxx...can't wait
And I told ya chick, move in anytime you like but the little box rooms getting very overcrowded now :giggle: xxxx:hug99:xxxx

Back