Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

lsf666 said:
Yep Crohns it is. Very similar as Crohns is an IBD so just a disease not a syndrome. No cure but I have it pretty well managed now.

Glad your symptoms seem to have buggered off though :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fingers crossed they stay away too, but like I said it was my own fault, had a pork pie, the combination of pork and pastry has always set it off, thought I might get away with it, how wrong can you be lol. Good that you have yours under control too xxx

Lily42uk said:
Fingers crossed they stay away too, but like I said it was my own fault, had a pork pie, the combination of pork and pastry has always set it off, thought I might get away with it, how wrong can you be lol. Good that you have yours under control too xxx

Yep. I know the foods for me too but sometimes I just want some cheese and I'll suffer the consequences! ;)

lsf666 said:
Yep. I know the foods for me too but sometimes I just want some cheese and I'll suffer the consequences! ;)

Lol yep that's exactly it... I resisted for a whole hour to be fair but it was winking at me I'm sure :giggle: xxx

Here are the recipes that you asked for Kally :hug99:

Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya - Serves 4, 1.5 syns a serving on EE or 7.5 Syns on Green
1 onion, finely chopped
1lb/454g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks (I used chicken breasts)
6 Quorn sausages, sliced (I used Morrisons 60% Fat Free Cumberland Sausages, they work out the same syns)
1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 courgettes, roughly chopped
2 tsp dried thyme
zest and juice of 1 lemon
400g can chopped tomatoes
9oz/255g long grain rice
16fl oz/454ml chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped

I would add a few more herbs and spices of your choice to give it a bit more of a kick, it was nice and lemony but I prefer more of a bite to my food xxx

1. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in the chicken and Quorn sausages and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.

2. Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid. Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.

Pasta Quiche
1 Packet of Batchelors Tomato and Herb Pasta or the Chicken and Mushroom
4 eggs
1 tub of Morrisons Eat Smart Cottage Cheese
Mushrooms Sliced
Tomatoes Sliced
S&P

Make up bachelors pasta n sauce as per packet instructions, when cooked lay on the bottom of a flan dish.
In a bowl whisk together the cottage cheese and 4 eggs and add S&P, when whisked pour over the pasta
Put slices of Tomato and Mushrooms over the top and pop in the oven at 190 for about 20 -30 mins until quiche is set and golden brown.

Free on all plans.....I sometimes add a handful of frozen mixed veg to the pasta while cooking it before putting in flan dish and also onions too

Hope you enjoy them hun xxx

56918-albums3562-picture54420.jpg

Wow, they sure don't stay babies long do they lol the very gorgeous Miss Lyla May Limerick at 5 months old xxx

So cute! That 5 months has flown by!x

shenzi said:
So cute! That 5 months has flown by!x

It really has, it's the same with Kirsty's pregnancy, we found out when she was 3 weeks gone, she's 18 weeks tomorrow, bambino will be here before we know it and still loads to do :eek: lol xxx

56918-albums3562-picture54422.jpg

Kirsty at 17 weeks xx

Last edited:
56918-albums3562-picture54420.jpg

Wow, they sure don't stay babies long do they lol the very gorgeous Miss Lyla May Limerick at 5 months old xxx

It really has, it's the same with Kirsty's pregnancy, we found out when she was 3 weeks gone, she's 18 weeks tomorrow, bambino will be here before we know it and still loads to do :eek: lol xxx

56918-albums3562-picture54422.jpg

Kirsty at 17 weeks xx

Two beautiful girls Lily x

And what a lovely neat 'baby bump' Kirsty has!

And little Lyla looks so cut in her swimming cozzie!

Lovely pics Lily and what pretty girls :) On another note we have a thunderstorm here, so hopefully the weather will break for you too and ease that headache :) xx

Very pretty girls lily x x hope your gd today x :)

So well done on the 4lbs LL!! :woohoo:. Love the super free challenge! Your diary is like coming to a warm place on a cold night and makes me excited about sw again. Just written down recipe for pasta quiche - will be trying this this week. You are inspiring me to try some 100% days :giggle: not been very good for several months and like you have been losing and putting back on my Christmas weight.

Lyla looks beautiful - taught a little girl called Lyla yesterday and thought of your Lyla. Kirsty looks blooming. Hope the weather's broken and your head is better and your ibs is settling. Been horrible storms here this afternoon (where Dawn is lol!) :bighug: xxxxxx

just caught up again. you're doing so well! lovely pics of Lyla & baby bump. so exciting!

Oh my goodness, Kirsty's nearly halfway already! How quick was that.
My friend is due in November too and I just noticed how big she's getting all at once. Exciting times. ;)

Well done on fab loss too. I'm just catching up after getting back from happy hols. :)

Back