Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Aww poor lily , hope it goes soon and takes the rest with it ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh that looks bad lily.

Put a warm compress on it. Or just rub your index finger in the palm of your hand for a few seconds and gently press it on the style x

ow, that looks bad. Hope it's easing.

U feeling any better ! Im smothering n struggling dis week big time using all my syns on choc n crisps . Need reality check n get my ass n gear again

Hi Lily x so sorry to hear that you have so many extra health issues at the moment :( hope Younare soon feeling so much better x x x thinking of you x x

Hello lovelies, well I reckon we must be the unluckiest family on the planet, either that or we must have been really bad in our past lives as we sure are paying for it now...I have to laugh or else I wouldn't stop crying...

Wednesday ...as you know the stye was at it's worst and I felt really awful so went to docs and had a thorough check up, told him about the gel and cream sent to me by the lovely Dawn and he is happy for me to keep it up, but I do have a mild chest infection hence the pain in the right side of my chest, he wanted to give me antibiotics but I refused, I don't like them and in most cases believe they make things worse, told him if it got any worse I would come back and see him ...he gave me a list of vitamins he thinks might be a good idea for me to take to sort out my immune system, so going to give them a try ...anyway came out of the docs feeling a little better and went home and walked into what I can only call a blood bath. My kitchen, hall, living room and stairs were covered in blood, it frightened the hell out of me, but worse there was no apparent reason for it, Chester seemed healthy, Missy seemed ok and Mark and Kirsty were still at work (I phoned to check lol).
So we cleaned the mess up and believe me it took forever, and were left baffled, until the Thursday morning...it was Chester he has a condition which we now know is called Happy Tail....whereby he wags his tail so hard when he is happy or excited that when it hits say the washing machine or cooker of any hard object it forms a blood blister and if he continues to wag and hit it then bursts and sprays blood everywhere....not a problem we took him to the vet, they bandaged it and gave him anti inflammatory tabs etc but told us if the treatments didn't work he would possibly have to have his tail amputated...don't really want that to happen but if it helps then that's what will happen, Mal took him back last night for a check up and they said that it is healing and are trying a new plastic tube with a stocking dressing over it (they are experimental and the vet was looking for a guinea pig, so we got this treatment free), and wants to see Chester again Monday, but this is where the bad luck comes in...just before we went on holiday I cancelled the pet insurance with the company I was with as it had just increased to nearly £60 a month and was looking at taking out a new policy with our company that supply all the pet insurance for the cat, the car and our home ....and I forgot !!!!!!!!!! So we aren't covered for Chester should he need the op, and the vet told Mal last night should Chester need the tail amputating the costs START at £1300 and could be as much as £2000 or more....I have no idea why they would cost that, but that's way out of my price league, so I am going to have to have a look about and see if I can find a cheaper vet...I don't even have a credit card I can put it on cos I have never owned one lol
I am just praying Chester's tail heals on it's own for all our sake's ...I am trying not to worry about it but I can't stop myself and of course my hands and feet that were nicely on the mend have broken out in pustules again this morning ...just have to keep my :fingerscrossed: and pray xxx

56918-albums3562-picture63845.jpg
Poor Chessie and he hasn't even tried to bite it off ...in fact he hasn't taken any notice of it lol xxx
56918-albums3562-picture63846.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Chester Lilly x :bighug:

Can you try a doggie charity?

How's your eye now?

Poor Chester Lilly x :bighug:

Can you try a doggie charity?

How's your eye now?

Thanks Lisa, he doesn't seem at all bothered by it, think we were more alarmed than he was lol...if you had seen my house and especially my kitchen, you really would have sworn someone had been hacked up in it lol

We tried the PDSA and Blue Cross so far and neither are willing to help, because Kirsty and Mark live here with us we aren't entitled to claim any benefits for housing or Council Tax and therefore can't get their help. I am really upset that one vet said if we couldn't afford it we should have him put down, now that made me really angry....I would sooner sell the car ...but if the worst came to the worst I would borrow the money from my brother and if not him then the bank, we have a great standing with the bank and they are always trying to get us to have a loan and this might be the time we have to take them up on their offer, but I will keep my fingers crossed it doesn't come to that....oh and it was Chester's Birthday the day we ended up taking him to the vet ...bless him...he got an extra marrow bone for being so good lol xxx

What?!?!?! One vet suggested having him put down if you couldn't afford the treatment? If the worst came to the worst, would your current vet allow you to pay it off in bits and pieces, say a lump sum each month? I really, REALLY hope it doesn't come to him having the op though. He's a gorgeous dog Lily :bighug:

Hey lily. Hope you're doing ok. I've been away and just doing the rounds catching up.

Fingers crossed for Chester :)

What?!?!?! One vet suggested having him put down if you couldn't afford the treatment? If the worst came to the worst, would your current vet allow you to pay it off in bits and pieces, say a lump sum each month? I really, REALLY hope it doesn't come to him having the op though. He's a gorgeous dog Lily :bighug:
Hi Emmy, I was so angry with the vet, I reported him to the RCVS, even if he was joking it wasn't a funny thing to say and I am still seething.
My vet won't do instalments, they have taken the stocking off Chesters tail and have just left the plastic ring and have told us to take it off friday and to come back if it's no better so :fingerscrossed: if the worst comes to the worst I will borrow from my brother or the bank if need be ....Chester has been so good and hasn't even taken any notice of the plastic thing on his tail or the bandage and what would I do without him, he is my number 1 spider detector lol we have had some huge ones this week and he has seen them way before us and given warning bless him xxx hope you're keeping well hunni xxx

Hi Lily, how are you all doing? Thinking of you xx

Hey Dawnie, a bit peed off right now, my hands and feet are in a mess one day and look great the next, I never know where I am but I am hoping this is normal with the gel, so I'm not giving up, day 22 and counting lol...my hands are peeling really badly right now and are quite sore hence me not being online so much the last few days...fingers crossed this is the storm before the calm xxx

Hey lily. Hope you're doing ok. I've been away and just doing the rounds catching up.

Fingers crossed for Chester :)

Thanks Kath, not been on myself for a few days for the reasons I said in the message to Dawn up above....I received the hand cream you sent and I did try it but unfortunately it stung really badly, but Kirsty loved said it was absolutely gorgeous...hopefully one day I will be able to use "normal" hand creams and such like xxx
hiya my lovely twin :bighug: how are you sweetie? and hows Chester? :bighug: xxxxxxxxx

Hello my lovely twin, I am good in myself but my skin is letting me down quite badly right now ...fingers crossed it improves soon xxx

Hobbled to wi tonight and lost 1.5lbs I am totally gobsmacked, I have eaten like a horse this week and loads of carbs too, even though they don't normally agree with me...but hey I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth so I am grabbing that and running with it tyvm lol xxx

Still having a crap time with my skin and consequently not really spending much time at the computer at all, but I will be back don't ever doubt that lol...just when I am feeling more ab le to use my hands freely xxx

56918-albums4045-picture64160.jpg
My Left Hand

56918-albums4045-picture64162.jpg
My Right Hand (not quite as bad as my left hand)

Last edited:
Back