Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Hope you're feet get better soon x

Glad you're back posting
:bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ladies, :fingerscrossed: the feet and hands are both on the mend and I can drop back to my normal dose of steroid tablets, they seem to give me a bad headache when I am on them too long anyways.

So wi tonight I maintained, I am really happy with that, it's always a struggle when I am on the much higher dose of steroids to keep my weight under control, as I never seem satiated when I eat, could eat for 24 hours solid sometimes lol

Anyways had a good buffet night, everyone loved the key lime pie and the crab and mackerel pate...they all went .....my plates were clean lol and I am now off to put my tootsies up and rest my aching head and I will catch you later or tomorrow nighty byes everyone xxx:hug99:xxx

Hey how did wi go ? Ya change of weather has caused flare up but ointment n meds il be sorted n few days. Lost 2lb dis week so got my first stone. Thrilled but kind o rewarded myself wit food. Back t grindstone tomorrow . Thrilled wit loss though

Hey how did wi go ? Ya change of weather has caused flare up but ointment n meds il be sorted n few days. Lost 2lb dis week so got my first stone. Thrilled but kind o rewarded myself wit food. Back t grindstone tomorrow . Thrilled wit loss though

Hello lovely wi went well considering the steroids (which you must know) always seem to make me feel so hungry all the time especially when I am on the higher dose like now, so a maintain was really good and I just worked it out that over the last 5 weeks I am still on a minus even though I have been on the higher dose most of that time so :woohoo: lol

Well done on your loss hunni, that's great...well made up for you, and don't worry about 1 naughty day............ you can put that behind you and still have a great week and I know you will xxx

Good afternoon ladies, well I woke in a really good mood today, had the best nights sleep I have had in a longggggggggggg time, only woke twice for the loo in the night and unusually went right back to sleep both times, amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a person lol
Well I am in the middle of a huge clear out, I have the spits and spurts from time to time and anything that hasn't been used in the last 6 months is gone ...Mal and I have decided to have a very frugal Christmas, we are going away for our anniversary and have decided to incorporate most of what we would spend on each other for Xmas on that instead and then concentrate on decorating the house..something Mal keeps saying he is going to do but never does...well I do believe a lot of my psoriasis problems have been down to things Mal and I needed to sort out between us and yesterday we did a lot of that and have in fact drawn up a "plan of action" not only with things that need doing around the house but also with our personal relationship....Mal like all the water signs in my family, is the kind of person you have to talk to when they are ready to listen, when the time is right if you do it when the time isn't right they just don't listen and it ends in arguments ...so yesterday it seemed he was in a relaxed mood and so I got it all off my chest and he listened for once...:woohoo:
We have both definitely taken each other way too much for granted over the last 5 years or so, we used to make a huge effort to keep the marriage alive but with one thing and another these last 5 years have been dreadful where that's concerned and we both blamed each other....we both want to stay together ..after 37 years we don't want to just walk away, but we do need to inject some oomph back into it...so that's where the plan of action fits in...it's a reminder if you like even silly things like kissing each other when we wake up and saying good morning all fell along the wayside but now we are going to and have been making already more of an effort..last night we even had a chat and a cuddle on the sofa together something we used to do all the time but which has been very sparse these last few years.
We agreed that he would spend less time on the X-Box and I would spend less time on the computer and we would spend that time together being a couple again. This I really believe is what's making me feel a lot happier and a lot more positive about everything...must just pop off as Mal has just walked in and we need to sort some shopping out lol brb xx

Hi Lily, good to see you posting and that's great that you and Mal have had a good chat. If you have time to catch up on my diary any time soon you'll see James and I have been having issues too which has led to me having more than just the one mrs wembley lol but nothing dangerous, just way over syns.. oops!

Really hope your feet clear up for you soon. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.

That's a fab WI result all things considered x

Well done on maintain not a hope o me managing that on steroids i only have t look at the box its worse than chocolate lol !!! Ya back t grindestone today n been v good brought left overs t work n have been full at day as result . Feet up for the evening should exercise but not in work til late tomorrow avo so will go for it in d morning

Hi Lily, good to see you posting and that's great that you and Mal have had a good chat. If you have time to catch up on my diary any time soon you'll see James and I have been having issues too which has led to me having more than just the one mrs wembley lol but nothing dangerous, just way over syns.. oops!

Really hope your feet clear up for you soon. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.

That's a fab WI result all things considered x

Hello lovely good to be back and finding the time to post lol ah the hands and feet, I am sure given time they will sort themselves out, hands aren't too bad at all just my feet dragging it out this time....I promise I will get round to your diary soon either later tonight or in the morning, just going to write up my food diary then bath and chill out time with the old git lol...I really think it's making the time for each other that counts so that's what I plan to do xxx:hug99:xxx

Hi lovely Lily well done on the STS and glad to hear you're feeling better. It is amazing the difference a good sleep can make and especially once you've been chatting and setting the world to rights with your loved ones. Sorry you'll be spending less time on line though but as you say you need to take care of the important stuff. :D
Hello lovely am well chuffed with the STS and I am feeling much brighter more like my old self ....I don't often have a good nights sleep so when I do I really notice the difference and last night I slept from 11ish to gone 11 this morning and just to pops to the lav in between, even though one of them was at 8am and Kirsty was up, I brushed my teeth had a chat with her while doing so and then headed back to bed and was out cold in seconds lol
Mal and I really needed to clear the air between us, he won't often talk and you can't make him till he is ready to listen so tensions build up and if you try it often ends in huge rows....but if he's receptive like he was yesterday we clear the air get it all of our chests and get on with it...which frustrates the hell out of me as I am a say it now and get it done and dusted kind of person lol...ah well it's sorted now and that's good for me and my weight and stress levels so fingers crossed for some good weeks ahead xxx:hug99:xxx

Well done on maintain not a hope o me managing that on steroids i only have t look at the box its worse than chocolate lol !!! Ya back t grindestone today n been v good brought left overs t work n have been full at day as result . Feet up for the evening should exercise but not in work til late tomorrow avo so will go for it in d morning

Hello lovely I was the same always putting on weight but just of late I am finding I am actually able to just stuff my face with good stuff and not all the carp anymore and somehow either lose a little or maintain thank god lol
I am gently easing myself back into exercise ...that is the one thing I miss the most when my feet are bad so I am just doing half an hour or so every 2 days ...but knowing me I will be back to doing that 2-3 hours a day before too much longer lol xxx:hug99:xxx

I have decided I still like the ideas of writing up my positives on a daily basis and I also like to write up my food plan it helps me focus and I can look back on particular days or weeks and see what I was doing then....I may not always be able to get on and write them every day but I am going to try and do so every chance I get xxx

So Today's Positives:

Positives Wednesday 3rd October 2012

1) 1st day after Mal and I cleared the air and it's been a good day ..we have laughed and played about..I am happy !!!
2) 9 weeks exactly until my new grandchild is due, I can't wait
3) My hands and feet are improving and for possibly the first time in my life I have upped the steroids big time and have still managed to lose weight over the last 5 weeks :woohoo:
4) I have the best family in the world I love them and they love me right back
5) I have the best mini's family in the world and I love ya all
6) just 9 more days until our 1st weekend away ...can't wait
7) I feel happy, confident and extremely full lol xxx

Last edited:
Food Menu Wednesday 3rd October 2012

Breakfast

Mixed Berries and Mullerlight Yoghurt
Coffee and whitener 1 syn
1 Pint Water

Lunch
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
6 x Ryvita Hexb
1 pint of water

Dinner
Paprika Chicken Casserole (Chicken, Onion, Garlic, Peppers, Courgette, Carrot, Chicken and Passata with herbs and spices ) 1 syn
Mashed Celeriac and Swede with Fat Free Fromage Frais
Cheesey Mash
Hexa

Extras
Crumble Yoghurt x 2 1 syn
Semolina 5 syns
Apples, Cherries, Satsuma and Grapes

Recipes for those that would like them ................

CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1 medium butternut peeled and chopped
2 Knorr veg stock pots (the jelly like ones)
1 Knorr herb infusion pot
2 tsps of mild curry
just over 1 litre of boiling water

add the stock pots and water to a pan bring to the boil add the butternut squash and 2 tsps of mild curry powder and leave to boil for around 10 mins until butternut is cooked and then blend and enjoy.

Paprika Chicken Casserole
Serves 3
3.5 syns for entire recipe on Red or Extra Easy

Ingredients
9 chicken thighs (all fat and skin removed)
1 onion, halved and sliced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 courgette, halved lengthways and sliced
1 large carrot, sliced
300ml of chicken stock
500ml of passata
1 tablespoon of flour (3.5 syns)
1 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to season
splash of balsamic vinegar
Frylight
Method
Preheat oven to 180c of 350f
spray frying pan with Frylight
and brown chicken. Remove from pan and add to a large casserole dish.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and courgette to the frying pan along with a little bit of the stock to prevent from sticking, and cook until softened.
In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, cayenne pepper, flour.
Add this to the vegetables and mix thoroughly to coat. Add the passata and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.
Cover casserole dish with lid and bake in the oven for approx 1 hour.

It's so great to see you posting again Lily :D

A massive well done on the sts, espescially with having upped the steroids (I know from seeing mum what those things can do to someone, she really, really swells up on them).

Good to see that you've had a talk with Mal and are sorting through things, it must be difficult sometimes with a guy who doesn't like talking, trying to figure out what they're thinking.

Brilliant positives and food plan :D

It's so great to see you posting again Lily :D

A massive well done on the sts, espescially with having upped the steroids (I know from seeing mum what those things can do to someone, she really, really swells up on them).

Good to see that you've had a talk with Mal and are sorting through things, it must be difficult sometimes with a guy who doesn't like talking, trying to figure out what they're thinking.

Brilliant positives and food plan :D
Thank you hunni, is good to see you back too, hopefully we'll both get a bit more time on here now but even if we don't the important thing is to keep up the momentum and keep the weight off...

OMG sometimes I feel so badly sollen everywhere I am convinced I'll pop....so maintaining and gaining small amounts when I have to take such high doses of the steroids are a real blessing but does ultimately explain the massive losses I have too just after dropping them back to my normal dosage lol
Am feeling very positive and very motivated, I know when I am feeling deflated in my homelife that everything else just drops off too...so it's good to have cleared the air and to feel full of the joys of spring again, didn't get quite as good a night's sleep last night as the night before but 6.5 hours for me is a relatively good night lol
So up and raring to go today again ...hope you have a great day too hunni xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning my lovelies, Up and running today, been and visited a few of you already...sorry anyone I haven't been too but I have to try and catch up a few a day as got loads to do again...8 weeks and 6 days to baby being here and still loads to do, need to get Mal finishing off the decoarting we are doing and most likely laying a new floor in the kitchen too, so need to go sort out the tiles for that little job lol

So for now I will write up my positives and my food plan for today and hopefully catch you all a little later xxx:hug99:xxx

Positives Thursday 4th October 2012

1) Up early and raring to go, after another fairly good nights sleep
2) 8 Days before our 1st weekend away and just 58 days to the 2nd one :woohoo:...excited !!!
3) Going to sort out the tiles for the new kitchen floor today :woohoo: excited 2 lol!!!!
4) Had a yummy brekkie and lunch is ready too...just got to get the ingredients for dinner and we are set
5) Have the best family in the world love them to bits and know they love me back xxx
6) Have the best mini's family in the world :sign0168: you all xxx
7) Just another 8 weeks and 6 days till I am a Nanna again...excited 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Fabulous!

Have a really good rest of your day Lily :)

Right 4th Attempt at writing this menu lol....IE keeps crashing on me and Google Chrome is just being a pain in the butt ...anyone got any suggestions for a decent browser that doesn't actually have any glitches?? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xx

Back