Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

1lb is good, really, really good .One pound less to carry around. Banished for good. That second hitchhiker had better look for a lift from someone else.

Paul said if you would like half of his tincture of violet pm us with your address and we will send it to you,

massive hugs xxxxxxxxx

Thank you Sue, that's so right if I lose just 1lb every week this year its nearly 4 st more gone and my hitchhiker will be well and truly on his way xx

Oh bless Paul, that brought tears to my eyes, what a lovely lovely couple you are, I will speak to my Indian friend and get back to you, I don't want to take Paul's if I can help it he needs it as much as I do, my friend is always back and forwards to India, I'm certain she won't mind picking me some up ....I don't know anything about the tincture of Violets so this is something I am going to head of and find out about. xxx:hug99:xxx

Your menus look good Lily :d even where you've gone over syns one day, you've caught it up on other days :D

Thats what I was saying earlier about my mindful head always being on these days, even when I do go over I don't consciously pull the syns back but I bet I do subconsciously, I can't ever see me going back to how I was and how I ate before, my body won't allow me to and if I eat foods high in fat after just 1 day I am craving healthy foods and feel awful really quickly xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Menus looking fab. Hope you have a lovely day :)

Hope you have a good day today Lily and your daughter's op (is it Kirsty?) goes well x

Thanks Em, same to you, no not Kirsty it's Kelly she is having her other shoulder pinned only this time as their is no bone to pin it to cos its worn away, they are having to take a piece of bone from elsewhere and fuse them together first, she had to go in at 7am this morning and its not the local hospital either ...only about 10-15 miles away but have to go on the A1M which is always busy to get there and still waiting to go down as we speak xxx:hug99:xxx

Happy Thursday lovely xx

Thank you Jo, happy Thursday to you too lovely xxx:hug99:xxx

Menus looking fab. Hope you have a lovely day :)

Thank you LMC, hope you have a great day too xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning lovelies, well another bad nights sleep, my lips and nose are just beyond sore...Mal kissed me goodnight all be it tentatively and said my lips are on fire...not sure if that was a compliment ;) or the truth :giggle:.

Every morning I wake and they feel a little better than the night before but within a couple of hours they are raw again, if I remember rightly from last time it'll take about a week after me dropping the tablets back to a normal dose before they start to settle, so got my grouchy head on today as I am really tired.

Kelly went in for her op at 7am ...she had to be there by 7am and its about half hours drive and she just text me to say she is still waiting to go down and is really thirsty, :fingerscrossed: it goes well.
Just to make me feel a bit better o2 is playing up, I have always had nothing less than full strength signal in my house on my mobile but the last 2 days it's dropping in and out, sometimes I am having to wait half hour to get the signal back, which with trying to stay in contact with Kelly today is driving me nuts, for all I know she might actually have gone down for her op by now as I haven't heard from her for a while and she always texts me right up to the second they come and get her,but yet again I have no signal....what did we do before internet and mobiles? lol
And to top it all Mal has made dinner for tonight, while I slept ...I fell asleep about 6 and didn't get up til gone 10, bless his cottons, but of all things he has made a nice hot chilli as he knows it's my favourite....my poor poor lips and mouth, maybe the heat will burn out the soreness :8855: oh well we'll have to wait and see.

Hope you're all having a good day xxx:hug99:xxx

Menu Thursday 17th January 2013

Breakfast
6 x Finn Crisps Hexb
75g Philadelphia Light Hexa
2 x Satsumas
Banana
Coffee 1 syn
Water 1 pint

Lunch
Homemade Veg Soup
Mango
Apricots
Jelly 0.5 syns
Mullerlight Yogurt

Dinner
Jacket Potatoes
Homemade Chilli Con Carne
Mixed Salad (Lettuce, Cucumber, Onions, Peppers, Radish and Tomatoes)
Jelly 0.5 syns
Mullerlight Yogurt

Extras
Milk for tea 1 syn
Fruit
Mugshots

Really peed off for Kelly, hospital made her come in at 7am this morning for her op, it is now 6pm gone and they still haven't taken her down. Surely that's a joke isn't it, at 2.30 this afternoon they told her the person in front of her will be down for no more than 2 hours and she was next....I know they get emergency's but surely they should come and tell her that.... but no one has been near or by since then and she asked a nurse over an hour ago if she could find anything out, cos she hasn't eaten since 5pm last night she feels really bad and has a pounding headache .....really don't need this, they even sent her there cos they said they were better than her local hospital ....yeah ok grrrr

FINALLY!!! 6.56pm they call her down for her op, almost 12 hours exactly after they called her in ....:fingerscrossed: all goes well xxx

And this is the procedure she is having ...she will have a morphine tube connected to her Neck for a few days after too xx
56918-albums3562-picture75022.jpg

Last edited:
The op was a success, she came up from theatre at 11pm, and the first things out her mouth were, I am hungry and I want my phone charger so I can let my family know I'm ok lol
That's one less worry before I hit the sack lol

Night night all sweet dreams :zz: xxx:hug99:xxx

Lily there are times i read ur diary n feel im reading my own. Had v stressful two weeks husbands job was n threat n chemist ran out o my psoriasis meds so stress n lack o med drove skin wild . Within one day i had psoriasis covering my arms torso n legs . As normal when that happens i comfort eat. Been a long week but thankfully i got a grip o both myself n meds n im getting sorted

Glap the op went ok in the end! Hope you have a lovely day :hug99:

Hi Lily, just popped in to see how you are and was pleased to see such good news.

Stay strong my friend xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww bless her

Glad to hear she finally got sorted Lily
and that all is well

Thank you Kally, I am gutted I haven't been able to get across to see her, by the time she got home from the hospital the snow was too thick for me to get out, my feet are still too bad for me to wear my shoes or boots and slippers aren't really right for snowy weather lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Glad to hear the op was a success after they finally got her down to surgery :bighug:

Hope you have a good day today xx

Thank you Em, Kelly sounds in great spirits, they put a block in her neck, not sure what that means or what it is, but apparently they can top it up with morphine ...so now that she's home it's the 4-6months trek to full recovery now :rolleyes: ah well lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Lily there are times i read ur diary n feel im reading my own. Had v stressful two weeks husbands job was n threat n chemist ran out o my psoriasis meds so stress n lack o med drove skin wild . Within one day i had psoriasis covering my arms torso n legs . As normal when that happens i comfort eat. Been a long week but thankfully i got a grip o both myself n meds n im getting sorted

Ah bless you hun we really go through it don't we...could be worse though eh?
Good to hear it and you are improving and well done you for staying strong, here's to some good times ahead, what do you reckon ?
Take care lovely xxx:hug99:xxx

Glap the op went ok in the end! Hope you have a lovely day :hug99:

Thank you LMC, hope you had a good day, just got to wait for the snow to thaw a bit and I can go visit lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Hi Lily, just popped in to see how you are and was pleased to see such good news.

Stay strong my friend xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for stopping by Sue, it is good news, Kelly said even with all the mucking about over her op she'd go back there again if she had to, said the staff and hospital itself was lovely and the nurses were wonderful....they went and made her a egg Mayo sandwich when she got back cos she was starving and even plugged her phone in so she could call us all. Doesn't matter how old they get, (she'll be 34 this year, you never stop worrying do you lol
Hope you and Paul are both well my love xxx:hug99:xxx

Just been having a catch up. Hope the lips and nose are better and the psoriasis is no worse. Well done at WI. And so glad Kelly's op went well.

I hope the reduction in worying about Kellys op has a positive effect on your skin. :bighug:

Hiya PP and thank you, today is the first day my lips and nose and skin have felt any better , still really sore but a lot more bareable and that's a week since I dropped the dose down.
Thank god her op is done now, its been a worry for months and months but now its over :fingerscrossed:
Hope you're keeping well my love xxx:hug99:xxx

Hey lovely-glad to hear Kelly's op went well xxx

Hello Jo, me too, was a long day and night lol and now I can't get to see her cos of the blinking snow but at least she's home and doing ok xxx

Glad the op went well x

The block in her neck will probably be an epidural. I had that after my surgery but the block was in my stomach. The block dropped once and was in my legs but they were able to adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad the op went well x

The block in her neck will probably be an epidural. I had that after my surgery but the block was in my stomach. The block dropped once and was in my legs but they were able to adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Lisa, ah right I see, so will they remove the block or what? I really don't quite understand all this stuff lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Back