Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Oh no. Feel better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you feel better soon Lily :hug99:

Lily42uk said:
Hello everyone, yeah I have the chest infection too, my immune system is totally shot to pieces, so anything thats going about, you can pretty much guarantee I'll get it. One good thing to come out of it is I don't feel much like eating, living off soup at mo. Didn't feel like going to wi, hopefully it'll be a good result next time. Off to bed now, as was still up at 5 this morning and back up at 7.45 feel really drained, got 2 hot water bottles and a heated blanket, gonna try and sweat this one out xxx

Hugs to you Lily
and hope you start to feel better soon :)

Hello everyone, yeah I have the chest infection too, my immune system is totally shot to pieces, so anything thats going about, you can pretty much guarantee I'll get it. One good thing to come out of it is I don't feel much like eating, living off soup at mo. Didn't feel like going to wi, hopefully it'll be a good result next time. Off to bed now, as was still up at 5 this morning and back up at 7.45 feel really drained, got 2 hot water bottles and a heated blanket, gonna try and sweat this one out xxx
Hope the sweat lodge worked. :D :bighug:You could try probiotics to improve you immunity I read that 75 - 80 % of immunity comes from your gut. :D

Mega hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Hello Everyone still feeling really carp, whatever this is that I have on top of my chest infection is coming out in my face, it's an absolute mess, really dry no matter what I put on it and really sore too, my lips are badly cracked and even bleeding and I am still coughing and wheezing as bad as I was a week ago ...this isn't pretty but it's me right now lol

56918-albums3562-picture76442.jpg

I sure hope it clears up and goes, cos right now I am totally fed up with being ill and sore.
Hope you're all well :hug99:xxx

QUOTE=Purple Patsy;6012943]Hope the sweat lodge worked. :D :bighug:You could try probiotics to improve you immunity I read that 75 - 80 % of immunity comes from your gut. :D[/QUOTE]

I bought some probiotics and have been taking them, :fingerscrossed: they help xxx

:heartpump: Dydd Santes Dwynwen Hapus Lily x :heartpump:

Happy St Dwynwen's Day to you too Lynne xxx

If anyone knows anything that will help with really sore cracked lips I would be so grateful...I have tried lip balms and olive oil and vaseline and even cucumber and ice, but nothing gives any lasting relief and I am fed up to the back teeth of the soreness now xxx

Aww lily you poor thing.

For me Vaseline and some lip balms make it worse.

Blistex is the best ice found so far.

Hi Lily x

So sorry you're still so poorly. Hope you get better soon.

As for lips, I swear by this:

Anew Beauty Lip Plumping Lip Conditioner

If you know an Avon rep you may get one quicker?

I used to try Vaseline, lip balm and all manner if things but these did the trick for me.

Ooooh they're reduced - I may well stock up too...

:bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ooh I have this, forgot about it till you said, will give it a go and let you know xxx:hug99:xxx

Aww lily you poor thing.

For me Vaseline and some lip balms make it worse.

Blistex is the best ice found so far.

I have this too, bought loads of lippy items when I was first given the Acitretin to try and combat the sore lips, didn't give either this or Lisa's suggestion a thought, thank you both for reminding me xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh Lily, sorry you're no better :( :bighug:

I'd recommend blistex/blisteeze too xx

Not just feeling no better, feeling worse as each day goes by, so went to my docs this morning, he has an emergency surgery 3 Saturdays out of 4, it seems my lovely chest infection has turned into Bronchitis...I knew it had, might be 4 years since I had it after I gave up smoking but after having it year after year, you don't forget the symptoms.
He gave me antibiotics, said he wouldn't normally for bronchitis but because I have a history of it and it's quite severe right now then he feels it's the right course of action. Showed him my face and lips, mind you he'd have to be blind not to see them anyway and he suggested all the normal treatments, plus drink plenty for both conditions. Gave me drops for my eye irritation and looked in my itchy ears and says I have a slight infection there too, which the antibiotics should help with.
Told Mal to take me out and shoot me, seems like I am in for another few days at least of feeling crap like this, so with that I am heading back to my bed with my hot lemon, cough mixture suckies and just about everything else I need including my hot water bottle and I will catch you when I am feeling a bit better.

Biggest downfall to all this is I am going to miss Lyla's 1st birthday party tomorrow :cry: can't believe my little munchkin is a year old already, but then Harry is 7 weeks+ :wow: that's gone fast.

I'm off, have a good day all xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh dear Lily, hun, you certainly do look ill, and glad you got an emergency appointment!

Hopefully the antibiotics will work in a few days xxx

My niece suffers from very bad chapped lips and swears by Carmex

Hi Lilly,

I was just popping by to resubscribe to your new diary!

Sorry your feeling sooo poorly!!! Xx

Im not surprised your fed up Lily
you look well poorly :)

I am looking, I believe a lot better lol, mind you could I actually look any worse :8855: Antibiotics started to kick in yesterday and while I do still feel quite rough, I am feeling a lot better today...thank god I gave up smoking cos when I was and I got Bronchitis, it would last for months and not just a couple of weeks xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh dear Lily, hun, you certainly do look ill, and glad you got an emergency appointment!

Hopefully the antibiotics will work in a few days xxx

My niece suffers from very bad chapped lips and swears by Carmex
My doctors are good for that, like I said open 3 Saturdays out of 4 and unless they specifically call you in on a Saturday, I have been called in for flu shots etc, it's a walk in surgery, get there before 11am and they see everyone who turns up, but arrive 11.01 and that's it xx
Carmex, I used to use that a few years ago loved the Cherry one, but stopped using flavoured lip balms cos they started to burn my lips....everything suddenly became very very sensitive, think it was about the time I started on my new Psoriasis meds ...but thank you for the help Lynne xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh lovely Lily what a time you're having. Hope the AB's kick in and you get some relief soon.

I don't have anything to add as far as tips for your treatment is concerned.

Just wishing you a swift recovery. :D :bighug:

Aww thank you Patsy, you helped more than you know just by popping by....but the advice on the probiotics may well be sound too, been taking them for almost a week and while I'm not saying they work and at first I thought yuk to the taste, I get a good feeling after taking them, so I will continue and see what happens...I am so sick of always being ill and being the 1st to catch everything xxx:hug99:xxx

Hi Lilly,

I was just popping by to resubscribe to your new diary!

Sorry your feeling sooo poorly!!! Xx

Welcome back Cinta, good to see you here again and so committed, thank you hun, feeling a little better today hopefully on the mend now xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovelies, well I just never thought that fever was going to break, but suddenly it did on Sunday night, pretty sure that was the AB's kicking in and today I feel a little better, still off my food, except for soup and crusty bread and I ate a little of Mark's concoction on Saturday night too, while I couldn't eat a lot, what I did eat was really nice but ooooh so high in syns lol...full fat Coconut Milk :eek: and fresh, yes Fresh Pasta :eek: :eek: mind you other than the crusty bread I haven't eaten any syns at all, all week other than soothers. Not sure if I am going to wi tomorrow night again, going to see how I feel tomorrow and how cold and wet it is....don't want to have a relapse and the hall we have our meetings in is freezing and I mean freezing, so next week 5th February we are moving to a nice warm school, so not sure whether I will wait till then!!
Hope you're all well.......... going to go have a look at a few diaries,but I am feeling pretty knackered right now so sorry if I don't get to yours xxx:hug99:xxx

Back