Sick Of Wasting My 20's..Last Ditch Effort

CharliPag

My name is Charli, I'm 28 and live in the beautiful Devon. Since I found drive through McDonalds, pints of cider and my first husband at the age of 18, my weight spiralled out of control. People say it was because I was happy and content, but I know it was greed and naivety, thinking I didn't have to worry about the way I look now I was settled and just concentrated on having fun and indulging. I totally regret this.

Over the last 10 years I have done a constant cycle of slimming world and weight watchers, loosing 2 stone then back to binge eating. I successfully lost 4 stone on lighter life. Then following my marriage break up 2 years ago I decided to live single life to the full, drinking, meals out, partying and generally having fun. As you can imagine I slammed the weight back on.

I am now in a fantastic relationship with a younger, gorgeous and amazing man...(Can you tell we're in our honeymoon phase haha) BUT I'm at my heaviest ever! Although I am happy I know that my weight will affect things. At 23st 6lb simple things like a nice holiday in the summer will be a struggle, due to plane seat sizes and confidence in summer clothes etc.

Anyway now I've blathered on (have never before got that off my chest) the point in me joining minimins today was because I've decided that things are getting beyond a joke and I really need to sort my self and my attitude towards food out.

I've started Slimming World (2/1/14) and will be a Thursday weigher. I know this diet, when followed correctly, works so am planning on giving it 100% and am very optimistic. But, also know it's going to take a long time. I would be so interested in hearing other people's experiences as this appears an amazing place to support each other.

Hope you will find my Diary useful x

Hey! I joined slimming world on the same day as you but have to change to a Tuesday weigh in due to work. I know what you mean about joining over and over hut this year will be your year! Good luck and it will be interesting reading your sw diary.

Hello and welcome to this wonderful place!

I first joined Minimims in October 2009 and whilst I've successfully lost (all on Slimming World) and sadly gained back over that time, I always come back here for the support, laughs and advice - I've just myself come back these last couple of days and it feels great!

DD x

Hello, how is it going for you so far?

Reading your post was exactly what I have been thinking recently. I have practically wasted most of my 20's feeling bad about being overweight. Losing and putting it on again.

Here's to the last and hopefully sucsessful attempt :)

Hi Charli, I start on Monday and also feel like I have wasted my twenties! I am 27! Well, no more wasted years, we still have a few years left before we hit 30, let's do it in (healthy) style.

Wow thank you ladies!! I wasn't expecting to get any replies. I'm on Day 4 and feeling great so far! I haven't even looked at ExtraEasy, I'm just doing Red & Green at the mo. I'm so tempted to step on the scales but I really want my online experience to be as authentic as going to a group...so just going to have to be patient! I read on a forum that you loose weight quicker if you don't use your syns. I've been using 15 to 20 :-/ I hope this doesn't effect me. Although compared to the calories I used to eat before it's certainly a reduction.....I totally regret wasting time, I've never been able to shop in River Island or TopShop, I just hope I get there before I'm too old to wear it. How are you all getting on? :) xx

Hiya, the syns are part of the plan so use them like you would your healthy extras. If you cut them out now then you'll have nothing to pull back at a later date if you plateau. Use your syns on treats so you don't feel deprived. Hope this helps xx

That's a good way of looking at Rae Rae. Thank you x

No probs. Don't feel guilty about using them, I look at it this way...I can have crisps or chocolate in a controlled way. If I deprive myself after a certain ammount of time I WILL binge so its better to have treats in moderation which is what we're supposed to be doing anyway :)

Heeeyyy, glad to hear it's going well so far. I'm on day 4 and I haven't been using my syns whatsoever and I never even thought about it like if I get stuck then what will I pull back on so that was really useful. Looking forward to following your online diary and I agree, you may as well be as honest as possible online. I keep thinking I'm not gonna lie in my diary because whats the point?? also with SW if you do go well off course one day you can always make it back up again the next. xx

Thank you for your support. This website is great, it's literally stopped me eating munchies and wanting food tonight. It's nice to know so many people are going through the same thing and can relate x

Heeeyyy, glad to hear it's going well so far. I'm on day 4 and I haven't been using my syns whatsoever and I never even thought about it like if I get stuck then what will I pull back on so that was really useful. Looking forward to following your online diary and I agree, you may as well be as honest as possible online. I keep thinking I'm not gonna lie in my diary because whats the point?? also with SW if you do go well off course one day you can always make it back up again the next. xx
Thats great! So, does this mean you will be getting weighed on Thursdays? Are you a SW online member? x

Thats great! So, does this mean you will be getting weighed on Thursdays? Are you a SW online member? x

I've just been doing it online, I know the plan well from books and then if I need to know syn values I can google anything. I was going to do group but I don't think it would have been any use to me. Things like Image Therapy or whatever it's called sound like the most cringey thing ever. Just wouldn't work for me..

How are you doing it?? are you doing extra easy days? xx

Subscribing. Good luck Charli :)

This struck a chord with me! I'm 20, and have already lost weight an put it back on once, I really don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life!

Subbing, good luck!

This struck a chord with me! I'm 20, and have already lost weight an put it back on once, I really don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life!

Subbing, good luck!

This is same as me!! lost over a stone last year and then slammed it back on again in the blink of an eye and here I am again wanting to shed it for good. we can do this. xx

This is same as me!! lost over a stone last year and then slammed it back on again in the blink of an eye and here I am again wanting to shed it for good. we can do this. xx

Definitely!
X

Back