sick sick sick!

well done Kellie glad you have found something that works for you and good luck for your journey x

Kiss Me I think your comment was totally wrong! Just because you have cheated in the past doesnt mean that others have! I have been doing this diet for 4 weeks and have only lost 3 1/2lb in that time and NO I havent cheated at all I have been 100% the whole time. I used a meal replacement diet before sw and I think my body is adjusting to eating or the plan isnt quite right for me but I am sticking at it as I want to get back to goal in a healthy way.
I hope you never have a 100% week where you have a gain and then get accused of cheating! Its hard enough losing slower than others without being called a liar!!

oi relax! i had a 100% week this week and gained 1.5lb things like that happen dont get a bee in your bonnet! I'm allowed to have an opinion. One woman at my class gained this week after starting the same week I did and gained 3 lb, because she was eating 6 mugshots and 6 mullerlights a day thats her daily calorie allowance befor anything else she ate.

oi relax! i had a 100% week this week and gained 1.5lb things like that happen dont get a bee in your bonnet! I'm allowed to have an opinion. One woman at my class gained this week after starting the same week I did and gained 3 lb, because she was eating 6 mugshots and 6 mullerlights a day thats her daily calorie allowance befor anything else she ate.

Yeah and I am allowed an opinion too and I think that your assumption that anyone who gains is cheating is wrong!!
My consultant has read my diaries (and yes I wrote down EVERYTHING I ate) and she was shocked at my slow losses but she also said that considering everything my body has been through (losing 7st in 6 months, being pregnant with twins and gaining 4 stone, losing 2st in 6 weeks and then starting sw) she isnt suprised that it is playing catch up!

Yes I agree it is easy to misjudge things and add syns without realising but it isnt always the case and can be very upsetting to be told you must be cheating when you definately arent!!

I think the key with the SW plan is the way it trains you to reach for Superfree foods if you're hungry (for snacks) rather than free foods/Syns.

As Kissme said, if you're eating more than you should be a day because you're snacking on things like mugshots and Mullers (which are around 250 and 100 cals respectively) then switching to eating Superfrees (many of which are Speed or Superspeed foods) should see a change in your weight loss.

I'm a real comfort eater, I love my bread, pasta, potatoes etc. I tried EE to start with but other than the first week I had no weight loss! I've now stuck (as much as possible) to Original days and I've finally started to see the scales move!

I would just like to put a different slant to this cheating knowingly or unknowingly. I have been doing SW on the extra easy plan for only 10 days now and im loving it. However i gain weight if i eat pasta or in fact many wheat products, regardless what i eat them with. I dont have celiacs disease in case anyone is wondering :) Not only do i gain weight but my stomach becomes about the size of Brazil and i even get some slight bloating in my face (Not attractive in the slightest) I have come to accept that many people successfully lose weight on green days (many seem to eat a lot of pasta but please correct me if im wrong) but not me although i wouldnt have cheated in the slightest. I'm so glad though that over the years ive worked this out and it just proves that our bodies are all different for whatever reason. Good luck to everyone on their journeys, we're all the same side arent we and we obviously get very passionate about things close to our heart.

Kelly i hope your thyroid function test comes back normal and good luck chic x x

Yeah and I am allowed an opinion too and I think that your assumption that anyone who gains is cheating is wrong!!
My consultant has read my diaries (and yes I wrote down EVERYTHING I ate) and she was shocked at my slow losses but she also said that considering everything my body has been through (losing 7st in 6 months, being pregnant with twins and gaining 4 stone, losing 2st in 6 weeks and then starting sw) she isnt suprised that it is playing catch up!

Yes I agree it is easy to misjudge things and add syns without realising but it isnt always the case and can be very upsetting to be told you must be cheating when you definately arent!!

3.5lb is a great loss, and you should be proud. But not many people have coped with what you have.

Some people come here (and we are all here for the same reason) try it for a week and leave, or spend the next 6 weeks moaning about it.

I shouldn't of made that assumption but you do hear people come on here and moan when have put on and then you find out they had 2 takeaways or a massive night of drinking or binged all week. Your situation is totally different and your body has been up and down, but I wasnt to know that, so you can't blame me for not knowing.

If I put on then I have myself blame. I am the one who controls what I put inside my body. So whether I gained from over eating or TOTM or I didnt exercise, I wont spend the next week making excuses where some people on here do. Some people are so easy to give up, It's not a fad diet, It is a lifestyle choice. People forget they not going to drop 8lbs overnight.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, Or be mean or harsh, but some people don't take responsibility for their own actions and I find that really frustrating.

My comments weren't directed at anyone personally, and i wasn't calling anyone in particular a cheat. But people do tweak! We all do it! even unknowingly! noone in the history of the world has ever done a diet 100% for 100% of the time. If a person had that much self restraint then they would need help with weight loss in the first place as they would of controlled them self.

I would just like to put a different slant to this cheating knowingly or unknowingly. I have been doing SW on the extra easy plan for only 10 days now and im loving it. However i gain weight if i eat pasta or in fact many wheat products, regardless what i eat them with. I dont have celiacs disease in case anyone is wondering :) Not only do i gain weight but my stomach becomes about the size of Brazil and i even get some slight bloating in my face (Not attractive in the slightest) I have come to accept that many people successfully lose weight on green days (many seem to eat a lot of pasta but please correct me if im wrong) but not me although i wouldnt have cheated in the slightest. I'm so glad though that over the years ive worked this out and it just proves that our bodies are all different for whatever reason. Good luck to everyone on their journeys, we're all the same side arent we and we obviously get very passionate about things close to our heart.

Kelly i hope your thyroid function test comes back normal and good luck chic x x

Some people like you said have allergies and intolerances and it difficult to live with.

I understand that you didnt know my background and in a way that is mainly my point- you shouldnt assume someone has gained because they cheated! and maybe I shouldnt have got so defensive about it but its hard enough losing slowly without being told you must be cheating!

I do completely agree that people expect miracles and that many people tweak the diet and are then shocked that they dont lose.
I also agree that many people dont do it 100% and then moan when it doesnt work.
But I also think that everyone is different and what works for one doesnt work for another ( I am currently experimenting with different days to see if my body prefers a certain type)

oh and when I am on a diet I DO stick to it 100% for 100% of the time (its once I finish the "diet" that I struggle lol) which is why I am sticking with my small losses and sw as I love the healthy balanced attitude to food and believe I can get to goal and stay there this time.

We will all get there in the end in our own way lol

I agree totally and well done on the 100%!! you mst have a shed load of will power

:hug99::hug99: sorry if i offended you i didnt mean to!

congrats! your a lucky lady to have not just 1 but 2 bundles of joy!!!

When I make up my mind to do something I have great willpower unfortunately it runs for the hills the minute I achieve my goal :sigh:

I actually have 3 bundles of joy as I have a nearly 4 year old aswell!! Its never dull in my house lol :eek:

Glad we sorted it out, I can see what you were getting at but I think it was the phrasing of it that got me x

When I make up my mind to do something I have great willpower unfortunately it runs for the hills the minute I achieve my goal :sigh:

I actually have 3 bundles of joy as I have a nearly 4 year old aswell!! Its never dull in my house lol :eek:

Glad we sorted it out, I can see what you were getting at but I think it was the phrasing of it that got me x

I tend to open my mouth and speak without thinking it through fully first!

but i knew what i meant!

3 budnles of joy! your even luckier than i thought!

Yea I was very scared when I 1st found out about the twins but I wouldnt be without them now x

Obviously I want to lose weight to be healthy and happy but I also want to become a surrogate as I know just how lucky I am and want to help others experience the joys of being a mother too.
I myself am adopted so know how hard it is for some women and would love to be able to help x

Yeah See i have been told i cant have children and want to be a foster carer. Love kids!

Wow a surrogate! thats amazing!!

Oh am so sorry to hear that but fostering is a fantastic thing to do, I used to want to do it when I was younger but dont think it would be fair now as I dont have the time needed to dedicate to the foster children.

Have you started the process yet?

I've lost 6lb in 7 weeks, which I'm not that happy with. I know that I would have lost more with other diets e.g. WW that I've done in the past. People are saying to me that it's a loss, and well done, but when I've got a lot to lose and I know that it can come off quicker, it's frustating.:(

When I gained 1lb this week, I didn't stay for class and went home a bit miffed. My C texted me to say that I shouldn't give up, and that maybe I have comfort eaten when I was ill the week before! I find this comment irritating when I have stuck to plan 100%. I know some people cheat, but I'm sure there are some who do not.

I know I'm consuming more calories through the week than I did before. I would never touch cheese before and certainly ate less food, and overall my diet was pretty healthy. My downfall was always the weekends with takeaways and too much wine. Maybe this explains the slow losses, I don't know, but I'm certainly feeling despondent and feel like giving up.:(

I don't agree that this diet works for everyone. To lose weight, you still need to be taking in less calories overall, and maybe some people are consuming more than they did before, albeit healthier food!

That's just my opinion for what it's worth
:D

WW Malted danish isnt a HE???? I've been eating 2 slices of it a day for the last 3 weeks!!!!:banghead: That might explain why the scales havent been moving.

Bloomin eck :(

Time for graciemai to go back to basics and re-read the book me thinks!

WW Malted danish isnt a HE???? I've been eating 2 slices of it a day for the last 3 weeks!!!!:banghead: That might explain why the scales havent been moving.

Bloomin eck :(

Time for graciemai to go back to basics and re-read the book me thinks!

looks like it was me and you!

I've lost 6lb in 7 weeks, which I'm not that happy with. I know that I would have lost more with other diets e.g. WW that I've done in the past. People are saying to me that it's a loss, and well done, but when I've got a lot to lose and I know that it can come off quicker, it's frustating.:(

When I gained 1lb this week, I didn't stay for class and went home a bit miffed. My C texted me to say that I shouldn't give up, and that maybe I have comfort eaten when I was ill the week before! I find this comment irritating when I have stuck to plan 100%. I know some people cheat, but I'm sure there are some who do not.

I know I'm consuming more calories through the week than I did before. I would never touch cheese before and certainly ate less food, and overall my diet was pretty healthy. My downfall was always the weekends with takeaways and too much wine. Maybe this explains the slow losses, I don't know, but I'm certainly feeling despondent and feel like giving up.:(

I don't agree that this diet works for everyone. To lose weight, you still need to be taking in less calories overall, and maybe some people are consuming more than they did before, albeit healthier food!

That's just my opinion for what it's worth
:D
i agree sugarlove, you have 2 find what works for you, unfortunately SW just isn't for me. With regards to your consultant i thought it was really good that she'd bothered to text you, it's been 3 weeks since i went to class and i only just got a letter in the post saying she was missing me!
that was one of the other reasons i switched, i really enjoyed my 1st class and then the leader chnaged and she just didn't seem to have a clue, ww is run at my work and i can get weighed anytime on a thursday..my leader also goes to some of the same gym classes as me at work so i've no escape really lol

good luck with weigh in's this week!:D

Do you know the same thing happened to me!! I put on, again. I text her at the weekend and said I was looking at everything trying to work out why it wasn't working, and asked about vit C tablets, home made chicken stock, and primrose oil. She answered all my questions, and then told me I was good to look at what I was doing but she could bet it was all the bites of other things I was having adding up! AAGHHHH!! What bites!! Some mpeople, becuase the diet works for them, assume it MUST for eveyone else. If it doesn't work as well for the, they must be cheating!! I was the same ebfore the diet. I ate healthily MOST of the time. I would put on a couple of lbs over a weekend away, or xmas, or holiday, and not lose it after. I never put on in day to day, or week to week eating, and ate healthily all along. If anything SW made me eat more, certainly more carbs, even on a red day, than I consumed prior to SW. MAybe that's why my weight loss is so poor!!

Lynda

I firmly believe that the diet doesn't work for some people, despite sticking to it 100%. I've read many posts from people saying that they gain on a green or EE day, but not on a red. In that case, it isn't really working for them is it?

I get miffed when people say that SW works for everyone. I know some people do cheat and tweak the plan, but I'm not one of them, and am losing incredibly slowly. :confused:

I've got wi tomorrow, so going to see what happens, but I know that I'm starting to become very disheartened.

Good luck for everyone's wi
:)

Sorry but your C sounds rude and insensitive!

- I have to completly disagree SlimmingWorld DOES work for absoloutly EVERYONE should it be followed correctly, BUT its a case of whether it works better for you than say another diet, or if its convieniant and workable in your lifestyle.

I am lucky in that it does, but others may find the plan itself difficult within thier lifestyle, and something else may work better for them.. others may find they just loose less calorie restricing, ww.. lighterlife, i dunno all the other diets out there...

either way, No matter what 'diet' your on, just be proud of yourself that you are, its far better than doing nothing at all, and no matter how long it takes you to get there, you can and will.. and we'l all be slimmer friends :)

Back