Side effects of slim fast

HayleyC

Are there any side effects to the slim fast diet? I am on day 3 and have coped quite well have had about 1200 calories per day. I have also been using my fitness pal to keep track.

I have quite a lot of weight to lose (about 3 stone). I have been feeling quite light headed and can't focus well! Are these side effects? And if so will they get better?

I have never had any side effects on being on slimfast.

What i will suggest is that you make sure u do eat your 3 snacks a day alocated aswell as the shakes and the 600 cal meal.

The feeling a bit 'fuzzy' maybe your blood sugar levels, or your body adjusting to the drop in calories. I have had that problem before and I blacked out, (i wasnt on slim fast), so please keep an eye on it :)

I haven't had any side effects on slimfast. I'd consider goin to your doctor, it could be the sudden drop in calories that has effected you or it could be something else.

Sounds more like side effects from not eating enough more than side effects from slimfast it's self

1200 calories isn't enough to be getting you through the day on slim fast (and similar diets..... You need to be following the plan properly.

2x shakes or bars
Slim fast it's self is about 230cals
Tesco ultra slim is about 205cals (I think)
No idea what asda measure up is.

3x 100cal snacks

1x 600cal meal

That adds up to about 1300-1400 calories at the least.....make sure your eating your full allowance and make sure your having plenty of fluids.

Back