Side effects of SW?

Another one for dry skin here - it's both clearer and drier, which is slightly odd. I'm ladling on the Nivea Visage Sensitive! LOL I'm not about to complain though, it's been greasy for as long as I can remember.

The good things:
hair & nails are better, skin is clearer, more energy.
The bad things:
Constantly need a wee
Trumping.....sorry but I certainly do that more on SW!

my skin is dry too, that's so weird. i wonder if it's because we don't have much oil now? i don't have avacados or olive oil anymore.

my hair also looks less greasy. again i wonder if it's an oil thing.

I've also noticed my skin is very dry and hair is less greasy. had put it down to a new facial wash (which i threw away) didn't consider it was the diet. Must make more effort to use my nivea

I find I don't get so many colds and bugs, it must be all the extra fruit and vegetables. Before SW I'd only have 1 or 2 of my 5 a day.

Good things:
I sleep better at night- no back ache- and wake up feeling refreshed
Much more energy
My skin glows
Like Dehli, I don't get every bug going round anymore- and if I do get a cold I fight it off in about 3 days no problem

Bad things:
My bum hurts when I sit down too long as it has BONES in it
I get cold easier as I have less insulation

OMG! I got a really bad rash when I started SW, I put it down to stress at the time. 11 weeks later its been diagnosed as eczema (which I've never had before)...and I've been pescribed antihistimines, emollient cream AND steriod cream because the rash has gotten SO bad, all over my body...

...seeing as everyone else has been getting dry skin and I got the rash when I started SW, it must be SW grrr!!! Hopefully now I've got all my prescriptions it will clear soon!

I haven't personally felt the effect of the alpen light bars because I haven't had 2 in a day yet...but has anyone tried the new Fibre Plus Bars? You can have 1 as a HEB and they are reeeally chocolately! - They basically act as a laxative on me though!! (But worth it for the amount of syn free chocolate!!!)

I can't eat fruit after my meal otherwise i'm windy all night. Have to eat it on an empty stomach, apparently it can ferment in your stomach and produce gas if you'e just eaten a meal.

Ive got dry skin too!!! i never ever thought it would have been down to this diet!! also need the loo more for 1's and 2's lol!! dont get bad wind as much anymore but when its bad its bad!!!

Hmmm - hadn't linked the diet to changes in my skin, but certainly my skin (T zone) is much much drier - I had simply put it down to getting older :eek:

Hair less greasy too now you mention it - hadn't really noticed, but certainly true.

OMG! I got a really bad rash when I started SW, I put it down to stress at the time. 11 weeks later its been diagnosed as eczema (which I've never had before)...and I've been pescribed antihistimines, emollient cream AND steriod cream because the rash has gotten SO bad, all over my body...

...seeing as everyone else has been getting dry skin and I got the rash when I started SW, it must be SW grrr!!! Hopefully now I've got all my prescriptions it will clear soon!

I haven't personally felt the effect of the alpen light bars because I haven't had 2 in a day yet...but has anyone tried the new Fibre Plus Bars? You can have 1 as a HEB and they are reeeally chocolately! - They basically act as a laxative on me though!! (But worth it for the amount of syn free chocolate!!!)

I suffered from eczema for YEARS and now I get it when I'm stressed. But when I was a full time sufferer a trigger for me was tomatoes. Are you eating more tomatoes than you originally did? Fresh? Passata?

Another person who now suffers from a dry face! I thought it was just down to winter, but now seeing lots of people on here with the same problem it's got me wondering. I'm managing to keep it under control with Simple's Derma Intensive Relief Cream - I would highly recommend it.

It would make sense really (re: skin) because I am personally using a lot less oil. I was using olive oil every day and having an Indian takeaway almost once a week - that's got to come out in your skin, surely? Now, the only fat I'm eating is in my cheese from my HEA!

They'res the obvious bonus of getting skinny..but I'm finding:
* I'm tired all the time, if I get up at 7 I'm flagging by about 2, I feel like an old woman
* My bowels can't make up their mind, and i think I'm immune to senna :(
* on a good note, someone said to me the other day "you're wasting away and cant get over how skinny you are", I still feel like a fatty to be honest
* My * weeks are barable, and no cramps or anything for months, although my skin is awful this month.

Just wondering if you are taking vitamins, iron etc? I too was feeling very tired so have started taking vits with iron and think theres an improvement. I went to see my Dr who told me it was normal as my body is working so hard at the mo! He said to take the vits for about a month and see if things improved.

The only negative I suffered was wind like a lot of you *blush* :D
I also had dry skin when I first started, and did last time I tried SW as well. But over the last 2 months or so I've been having 2 tsp olive oil a day and my skin is a LOT more supple and dewy. Also using my fave moisturiser more liberally (LUSH skin nanny). I definitely believe that the diet being so low in fat is the reason why so many of you are experiencing dry skin and I recommend that you incorporate some oils into your diet, either by synning or as an HEB. No point being slim and sexy with wrinkles!!

I've also started taking a multivitamin everyday, the seven seas multibionta multivitamins with probiotics and it has definitely helped my wind issues, which I think were caused by all the milk I've been drinking.

I suffered from eczema for YEARS and now I get it when I'm stressed. But when I was a full time sufferer a trigger for me was tomatoes. Are you eating more tomatoes than you originally did? Fresh? Passata?

hmm...I dont think I'm eating more tomatos than I used to tbh! I'm hoping the rash will fade now im intensely moisturising at least twice a day, and using steriod cream on top of that! Plus my mum bought me some cod liver oil capsules...i'm not sure if im supposed to syn them or not but I'm not going to. I dont mind losing weight a bit slower as long as I dont look like a lepper forever!!

Such a shame because I thought SW was the perfect diet...and now its given me eczema!! :cry::cry::cry:

Philly,
As someone who has had eczema all my life (I'm 33), the steroids etc will work in a few days!
Also, it can be triggered by absolutely anything - weather changing, different washing powder, stress, tiredness, more exercise (you sweat more, dehydrate quicker etc) or developing a reaction to certain foods - generally dairy or wheat, but it could be anything!!!
And we are NOT lepers :)

Back