side effects of xenical

blonde8

hi all...me again asking questions! ive heard lots about side effects of needing to use the toilet etc after eating something fatty how long does it take for it to take effect and how long would it last ie if i had something bad out one evening am i likely to be suffering whilst out andwill i still be suffering the next day, i appreciate everyone is different but would like to hear from anyone who has experienced these side effects manythanks

You're right, everyone is different so it's very hard to say. For me, any side effects haven't happened until the next day, the severity and the length of time they last depends very much on what you have eaten. Some people have experienced side effects up to 72 hours after the offending meal. Hope that helps,

KB

It's usually the following day for me as well, although I did once experience side-effects just 2-3 hours after eating the offending food (fish and chips).
The side effects can range from slightly orange (but otherwise normal) poo....right through to full blown diarrhorea that contains orange oil! (sorry if that's too much information).
Don't be too afraid of the side effects, but don't be too complacent either. If you accidentally eat something that is slightly over the fat guidelines, you're not suddenly going to be on the loo for hours, you'd probably either get away with it, or experience a very mild side effect.
However if you do decide to take your tablet with a big greasy take away, then you really are increasing your chances of a visit from the Tango man, as we can him ;)
Good luck with the Xenical, you'll soon get the hang of it and it'll all seem like second nature :)
xx

Back