Siezing the day... whatever the day may bring !

Funny as it may seem. I do miss the packs. I feel all clogged up and a bit lethargic on the chewy stuff. AS if I need to detox. How strange is that lol

Food wise not a good week at all, friends over to stay and on holiday myself. Looking forward to getting back to normal next week.

Onwards and downwards ladies xx

Hi Clara
Just popped in to say hello.keep fighting the good fight.
Cathy

Quick update. Well my glycogen weight caught up with me at weigh in this week. This was not helped by a week of social engagements as an old frend was down and visiting. Excuse .. yes probably. Found it very hard to pull back as planned and only have the indulgences I had planned to have. Was glad to see him and his partner go home as I could get back into a pattern of eating. Very much like the post holiday experiences that people have had on here. It has taken me a day or two to settle, but feel I am back in the groove of my eating plan now.

Mini victory yesterday as i had a very stressful busy day, through which I felt quite hungry and needy. The positive result was however that I did not turn to food or drink to medicate the feeling or to get over being tired. I need to plan some almost instant meals to have when I get in from work. I was lucky yesterday as my mother had cooked extra and so I was able to have protein and salad straight as I walked in to collect my dog. I would have been tempted by the bread bin if I hadn't had that.

So a couple of planning points this week :-
1) Small sweet snack needed for afternoon slump. ( banana worked well)
2) "Ready meal" options needed for the days when instant nourishment is on the cards on the return from work.

Find I am applying the lighter life thought patterns to the process of establishing a pattern of eating that allows me to loose weight. Long may it continue.

Onwards and downwards ladies. Next hurdle the weekend ! lol

Head in shed :-(

Lost my focus at the moment, and need to have a think about how to tackle the issues that have arisen.

Life is very busy at present, and I am not allowing myself time to plan and prepare properly. This is giving me the excuse to opt out and eat off plan. It is much easier on the packs, no planning no thought, no issues.

Not enjoying what I am eating either, feel bloated and toxic. I miss the cleaness that being on the packs gives you.

Food for thought in many ways. No solutions yet.

Interview for a new job tomorrow, head all full of that so feeling a bit swamped.

Onwards and downwards people x

Clarabow said:
Lost my focus at the moment, and need to have a think about how to tackle the issues that have arisen.

Life is very busy at present, and I am not allowing myself time to plan and prepare properly. This is giving me the excuse to opt out and eat off plan. It is much easier on the packs, no planning no thought, no issues.

Not enjoying what I am eating either, feel bloated and toxic. I miss the cleaness that being on the packs gives you.

Food for thought in many ways. No solutions yet.

Interview for a new job tomorrow, head all full of that so feeling a bit swamped.

Onwards and downwards people x

Sorry to hear you are struggling Clara, you will get there, I agree packs are really easier when you have nothing more than what flavour to think about.
Don't stress yourself out about being off plan, I'm sure you will get on well tomorrow at the interview. Be yourself, you know deep down that the answers you give will be the right ones and if this job is meant to be, you will get it.
I'm planning ahead for maintenance, some days it seems 'straight forward' then other days it fries my brain!
Thinking about you for tomorrow, knock em dead!
Big hugs
Jx

Hi Clara
Hope the interview went well and you are getting your head out the shed.
Take care
Cathy

How did it go ? Gosh I dont know ,,,, the manager who was interviewing me has the best poker face about things I have ever seen.

Will know by Friday. Will let you know x

I got it, but the way I was given it ... dont know if I want it anymore !

Offered the job on a temporary contract. ( there is a good organisational reason for this) However they are going to keep my original post open for me to come back. Dont understand it, on the surface too good to be true.

Now either they think I am amazing and they are offering me the best package they possibly can or they think that I am not up to the job and they are covering their bases. I worry about the latter but I am going to choose to go with the first explanation!

Very complex lol

I really have no idea when I start my new job. I also have really no idea what form my job will take ... will it be a secondment ?.... will it be a temporary contract ? Do my pay and conditions change ? The only thing that the powers that be have confirmed ( by two separate managers ) is that my original job will be kept for me.

Now how bizzare are we all finding that ! lol Hey ho my life is rarely simple.

Eating wise my head has been in the shed, which is not good as it has resulted in a weight gain and uncontrolled eating. My head is so full and busy of things, that I am not allowing myself the space and time to look at my eating and plan what I am eating. As I am not planning I am opting to eat rubbish. Wish sometimes the world would stop and allow me to catch up with things.

Onwards though ... ever onwards x

Hi Clara
Great news on the job ,im sure its because you are so good they thinkk you are superwoman and can do both jobs LOL.
Sorry to hear your head is in the shed just as well I ate the cake i had stashed in there.
I empathise with you I have not been planning very well lately and know how it can spiral out of control.Dont beat yourself up just put it behing you and focus on the healthier options.
Take care and Good Luck.
CathyXXXX

Turned a corner and feel more composed and better able to plan. Two good days so far, building my foundation.

For those in abstinence keep at it my lovelies, it's real tricky after.

Onwards, ever onwards x

Back