Silly pre-weigh in rituals

Just Peachy

Slowly But Surely
I've found that I've developed some sort of funny routine before my weekly weigh in and it's almost frightening, like I have ODD or something.

I try to wear the least amount of clothes possible, I do it before eating, after going to the loo, and if I've gone for a shower I'll dry my hair in case the water in it might weigh something.

Does anyone else have silly rituals?

My weekly weigh in is on Friday mornings, so I only do it in my boxers, after a trip to the loo and a shower. I'd never weigh myself any differently! If I haven't lost as much as I'd like I'd put it down to not passing enough fluid/stools :eek:

Love it! I always hold my boobs up when I am on the scales lol (as if that would make a difference) and I always weigh at 11am, no earlier - no later! Dunno why

Haha Eclipse I like that 1!!!

I have to weigh in underwear, as soon as I've got up, after going to the loo, and before showering - because like Peachy i didn't want my hair to get "heavy" haha :D
I also step off and on the scales about 4 times... just to check, even though the number never changes! Not even by 0.1 of a lb! Oh and the scales also have to be perfectly in line with a certain tile on the bathroom floor (somehow the bf always tends to knock them out of place during the week - he's easily distracted and amused, he probably plays with them or something).

Hmmm, not odd much then... ish :D

Haha Eclipse that's hilarious! Next week you should try it without that and see if it makes a difference!

I used to go to Fit for Life meetings a few years back and we had a weekly weigh in and I would NEVER wear jeans cos they were heavier than a skirt of cotton trousers. Silly isn't it?

Im the same, I always check 3 or 4 times to make sure i've got it right then ask he OH to check for me incase im seeing things lol

I weigh completely naked, first thing in the morning and after going to the loo. Like sugar fiend the scales have to line up with the tiles on the floor in my bedroom.

If I don't think I've lost any weight, they are moved around the room - just in case. I also get on them really slowly and hold onto the chest of drawers and let my weight go onto them gradually - just in case getting on too quickly makes me seem heavier.

Non of these things actually gives a different reading but I still try it all the time.

Tracey

Pheww....i thought it was just the weirdo in me coming out

sugar_fiend you're almost exactly the same as me!

I do it in my underwear, as soon as I wake up, and after the loo, but I only step on and off 3 times!

Like loads of you i'm a 1st thing in the morning,naked, before food and after the loo.

When i used to go to ww meetings i always wore the same clothes ( light summer skirt and vest top, no tights) whatever the weather. My hubby once caught me weighing my bra on the kitchen scales to see if the wires made any difference- i think he was seriously worried about my mental state !!
(and by the way,they didnt )

I always weigh myself on a friday afternoon at 12:30 when i finish work in town in boots on their machine and i always wear the same clothes for work on a friday and its always before my lunch lol :eek:

As so many people have a similar ritual to me - i've decided that it's the people who don't that must be the odd ones out :D

mommyb - now i really want to weigh my underwear ... will have to wait until the bf is out at work tomorrow though!

Oh, just remembered I suck my belly in and breath out as much as I can too. No idea what i think that will do, air is obviously heavy in my little world???

Hmmm, I think I should stop adding to this before I appear really crazy..

Yes perhaps. I also check it a couple times to make sure I've read it properly. As if it's gonna make a difference... already dreading next week cos I've had quite the post-exam nonchalant attitude this weekend.. haha oops! Hopefully will make up for it by Friday x

Mines on a Friday morning, before breakfast, and after the loo when ive got up, in my underwear and again the scales have to be on a certain position in the bathroom, over 4 tiles. i stand on and off 4 times and then usually try and take a picture on my mobile, which then makes me heavier!!

I dont think we're wierd it just proves how muh we all want to lose weight and be happier, healthier and be sucessful. Nothing wrong with that :)

I always wear the same outfit, I call it my weight watchers uniform.

When I first started, I was terrible - weighed my clothes to figure out the lightest, wouldn't wear a belt even if my trousers were hanging off me, and even was known to 'go commando' in case the knickers made a diffrence!!! Have chilled a lot now, but still do wear linen trousers and my lightest trainers!!!!

When I went to a slimming club, I always wore practically the same thing.

Whilst struggling with the last half stone I turned up one night in white jeans (yep, I know horrendous now but they were fashionable then) I'd been out somewhere and didn't want to miss going so hadn't been home to change into the usual.

I got on the scales and I'd put a pound on - I was horrrified so I took them off there and then and got weighed again. A pound off! So my jeans had weighed 2lbs. I'll have looked a right sight but all I cared about was that I'd not put weight on.

Tracey

Haha Tracey, did you actually get half naked there? That's amazing.

Back