Silly question but what does ww mean by a cup?

Hi everyone,

this is probably a really silly question, but I've just been looking up some points and it says 1 cup = 1pt for eg.. what is a cup? do they mean a mug cup?? .. cause i could find a really big one of those ;) xx

Haha a cup is a measurement for volume. So you couldn't create a gram/pound equivalent because it differs depending on the weight of individual ingredients.

If you have a measuring jug that has milliliters on it, it's the same as 250ml.

Are you sure it's propoints you're measuring in and not American points? Nothing on the eSource is measured in cups. Just want to make sure you're looking at the right info. :)

Could you point me to a place you've seen it?

if it is cups it is an american recipe I can assure you cause that is where I was born.
A US. cup is 8 oz on a measuring jug not the 250ml metric if you use 250ml it will not come out right
Unless of course you are converting to metric then it wil.

Are you sure it's propoints you're measuring in and not American points? Nothing on the eSource is measured in cups. Just want to make sure you're looking at the right info. :)

Could you point me to a place you've seen it?

They are using the same plan in America as we are in the UK, it is called PointsPlus and not ProPoints but its basically the same thing, so recipes should be fine to use!

Yes but using American cups it becomes 8oz for a liquid measure and if it says anything anywhere about a pint or half pint be aware that an American pint is 16oz and NOT 20oz like the British pint! So half pint is 8oz, 1/4pt is 4 oz (bit like lbs and ounces lol).

and the points plus recipes do not all come out the same as propoints so check the nv's as they are sometimes a point or so less. something about the way they calculate but it can be different.

They are using the same plan in America as we are in the UK, it is called PointsPlus and not ProPoints but its basically the same thing, so recipes should be fine to use!

and the points plus recipes do not all come out the same as propoints so check the nv's as they are sometimes a point or so less. something about the way they calculate but it can be different.

Yep sorry to disappoint but the two systems aren't completely interchangable. We were warned about that very early on in our induction to ProPoints. Often they come out the same but there have been quite a few times I've seen variations in points.

you are ok cause the us recipes always list all the nutritional info so you can use a calculator

yeah there's a variation in the formula to cope with the fact that fibre is not always given on products in the UK, whereas the US don't have that issue. Everything else is the same, but the fibre is weighted differently. If you aren't sure don't assume because 1pp a day over can make the difference between a loss and not

Back