Silly question - frying an egg with Frylight??

hobbithead

Now I am sure some of you are chuckling but i usually stick to scrambled but o/h has eaten lots of eggs today and only left me with one so thought I would have it fried but not sure how with Frylight. Can anyone help, apologies for sounding so dense :confused:

Hiya,

Just spray the bottom of the pan in frylight and let it heat up then crack the egg in as normal..I sometimes spray the top of mine if i am going to turn it over.

Hope that helps k xx

Thanks Red, I am so dense sometimes :8855:

My fried egg was yummy :clap:

I was surprised when it worked so don't think you're the only one. I thought you'd need much more oil than that to fry an egg but it turns out you don't which is great. I'm a poached egg fan but every now and again I like a good fried egg. Nice to have them minus the grease!!

Yes it tasted so much nicer not swimming in a pile of oil!!

And in a wholemeal roll! (as OH calls it, an egg banjo!) Yum!

Ah yeah, the best. Guess what I'm having tomorrow...........

i was about to ask this question hehe, i've never turned a fried egg over before though :eek: didn;t know you could do that without the bloody thing breaking?

There's lengthy thread in the recipe section devoted to the art of egg frying and avoiding the 'snot' :D

I have had little success frying an egg with frylight, i discovered that 1 egg fried in vegetable oil is only half a syn - I'd prefer that!

I was a bit dubious about frying an egg in frylight I have to admit, but it definitely works! I flip mine over for a few seconds at the end just to make sure it's cooked properly - yummy! I might actually have a bacon and egg sandwich tonight - you've got me craving them now!!! :D xxx

I was really surprised too, I sprayed the edges of the pan too & did 2 for brekkie the other day & I can say I am a frylight convert. Mmmmm fried egg & bacon butties

Back