Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

I'm sorry you and your OH are both feeling poorly Silvermane. I hope you are looking after each other.

The chorizo recipe sounds yum - I used to do one with chilli, chorizo, brocolli and parmesan. The brocolli and chorizo go strangely well together. Maybe too much parmesan for SW the way I did it but it could probably be adapted.

Hope you feel better x

I'm sorry you and your OH are both feeling poorly Silvermane. I hope you are looking after each other.

The chorizo recipe sounds yum - I used to do one with chilli, chorizo, brocolli and parmesan. The brocolli and chorizo go strangely well together. Maybe too much parmesan for SW the way I did it but it could probably be adapted.

Hope you feel better x

1 tbsp parmesan isnt too synalicious!

I noted today while shopping in Sainsburys, which I do occasionally, as I am a spices and herb whore hehehe and their selection is just supreme! Plus they do cheap cooking wine! For like £1 for a small bottle.

Anyhow getting off track... I noted that they do ready chopped Chorizo in 150g pack, cheaper than tescos! I have to say they have a much larger basic range as well (tescos value equiv), I love their little basic range of kitchen ingredients, including a small tub of olives, very cheap.

I done a few shops in there and never spent more than tescos (mostly cos of the basic range being so cheap, and good quality, a lot of it being fairtrade), although I am an asda fan also, because their household cleaning stuff...washing powder, dishwasher tablets, are very cheap in asda.

Anyhoooo its worthy of note for future refernce, got to save the pennies where you can init! :cool:

My head has finally stopped pounding, but I still keep feeling freezing, and the starter motor in my kitchen light has gone poof, so gonna be interesting cooking tea tonight.

Am doing a variation on a sauce I saw on This Morning, on a youtube clip lol to go onto Gammon, so watch this space!! Has anyone noticed how expensive gammon has got?

Last edited:
Italian Gammon - (served with steamed and roasted vegetables, and crunchy wedges)

This is a very very nommalicious recipe. The whole family raved about it, and wanted seconds!!

I was watching a youtube clip on my friends facebook wall, where Gino D'Acampo, lost a bet and had to cook naked. :cool:

Anyway he was cooking gammon drowning in butter, with a sauce that was also drowning in butter, and Marscapone (very calorific).

I love Gammon, but have gotten bored of having the same thing with it all the time, and wanted to do something really different, so this recipe is my own recipe, inspired by his recipe. :D

serve's 4 - 3 syns

Ingredients

4 x pieces of gammon, all fat trimmed off.
Handful Fresh flat parsely chopped (must be flat for the flavour)
Chilli flakes.
Butterly Frylite (can buy in tescos, and really needs to be this one for the flavour).
Cup of frozen pea's.
150g Philadelphia garlic and herb light.
150ml vegetable stock.
salt and pepper.

Prepare your gammon, were gonna oven bake it (13 minutes) so make sure you can fit your gammon onto one baking tray, because your going to need room in the oven for your wedges.

Spray the frylite on the tray, and do a very light sprinkle of chilli flakes on the bottom, then place your gammon on top. sprinkle liberally with the parsley and pepper to taste then spray with the frylite (see piccy).

I timed it so that I would do the sauce, when the gammon went into the oven, so crunchy wedge's went in, with veg which I was roasting, then 15 minutes later, I put the Gammon in.

In a deep frying pan or any pan, spray the frylite, then add the pea's. Its really important to let the pea's cook in the frylite for a bit, as you want the buttery flavour to seep into the pea's.

Then add the stock, and simmer until half the stock has gone.

Take off the heat, and add the Philadelphia to the peas, and stock, and mix until combined. Take a masher for potatoes, and mash the pea's into the sauce roughly, it doesn't have to be perfect (see piccy). Then return to the heat to warm through, do not boil.

Serve the sauce on top of the gammon (see piccy)!

This is simply delicious!!!

recipe7.jpg

Healthy Extras

2 x Weetabix HEB
Skimmed Milk HEA

Snacks

fruit.
Beetroot.

Syn's

1/2 tsp Honey (for my salad dressing at lunch) 1/2 syn
My dinner 3 syns
Skinny Cow mint choc icecream 4 1/2 syns

Total syns 8

Last edited:
You are such a great chef, if you can get even a veggie like me drooling over a gamon picture! That sauce looks great, I might do some over a nice Tesco meatfree chicken style fillet!

Many thanks for posting the oreo brownie recipe. I got an email with it in and couldn't find it. I was disappointed as I wanted to make them today. However I remembered that you had posted it. What a lifesaver as I'd promised the girls I'd do them. I had a small piece and it was delicious. My girls had double portions but I found it too sickly thank goodness.

I saw Britmums recipe for French toast the other day, and it inspired me to convert my recipe, that I would normally have. The kids love french toast, and so do I, but normally its very naughty. So today I had it, and changed some of the ingredients so it would be SW friendly, it was seriously nommy. There's not a huge amount of difference between mine and britmums.

Anyhow

2 x w/m bread (1 heb and 3 syns - based on the weight of the bread) per person - (I did this for 2 people) NB: if you use wm bread from 400g loaf you dont need to syn the 2nd piece.
4 eggs
Splash skimmed milk (part of my hea)
Butter frylite
1tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp Sweetener granules
1 tbps Maple syrup (for each serving) 2 syns
Strawberrys to serve on top

beat the eggs, sweetner, vanilla essence and splash of milk together, and then pour in a shallow dish big enough to dip bread into.

Spray a non stick pan (I use one big enough for both pieces) with frylite and heat it up. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, and turn over so both sides are covered. Don't cover too much otherwise the bread falls apart. Place into the heated pan, and you will hear it sizzle. Cook evenly on both sides til golden.

Then serve with strawberry's, sprinkle of sweeteners and drizzle the measured amount of maple syrup on top of the strawberry's. Seriously nommalicious.

I made this for my OH today as she is feeling poop. She loved it!

065ot.jpg

The family enjoyed the gammon recipe so much they insisted that I make it again LOL So we had it again tonight!!

Healthy Extras

Porridge HEB
Skimmed milk HEA

Snacks

Fruit
Beetroot

Syns

Cous Cous 1/2 syn
WM Bread (based on weight) 3 syns
1 tsp Maple syrup 1 syn
Dinner 3 syns
Skinny cow mini dippers 3 syns

Total syns 10 1/2

Last edited:
I am having Smoked sausage wonderpot EE/Red which is one of my recipes in the recipe section.

NB: I did it slightly different, I used passata, instead of chopped tomatoes, and I didnt use tomatoe puree, which reduced the synnage to 2 syns PP, also I added a pinch of chilli flakes, and diced carrot, and 150ml veggie stock.Dash Worcestershire sauce. - I have changed my original recipe to reflect this, cos it tasted even nicer!

I am serving it with Baked potatoes and superfree vegetables. :)

Had a very lazy morning, and then cleaned all downstairs this afternoon, went grocery shopping, bought a magazine called Olive, which is by the BBC. It is a healthy eating version, and I going to try a recipe out of the booklet tomorrow in my slow cooker, so I will let you know how it goes!

I am pooped and grabbing half an hour, before I finish cooking tea.

Healthy Extras

Porridge HEB
Skimmed Milk HEA

Syns

Dinner 2 syns
SF jelly 1/2 syn
Chocolate highlight 2 syns
Skinny Cow Mint double choc - these are seriously nommalicious! 4 1/2 syns

Total syns 9 (might edit later)

Snacks

Fruit.

Drinks

Coffee with sweeteners
Doctor Pepper Zero
Diet coke

Last edited:
it is funny you were inspired by the Gino D'Acampo you tube thingy of him naked (by the way how delicious did that look, but omg can you imagine the syns??), as I was inspired too, I have a recipe planned for this week with Pork Chops and some English Peas (still in their pods at the moment) that I bought from the fresh produce market I went to.

BritMumInCanada said:
it is funny you were inspired by the Gino D'Acampo you tube thingy of him naked (by the way how delicious did that look, but omg can you imagine the syns??), as I was inspired too, I have a recipe planned for this week with Pork Chops and some English Peas (still in their pods at the moment) that I bought from the fresh produce market I went to.

Did you see all the butter he used? Lol

What's funny is all my mates on FB were raving cos he was naked, and I was raving cos of what he cooked. It looked so yummy! My family loved my low fat version so much, I cooked it 2 nights in a row, on demand! ( I got out voted, I wanted curry) Lol

Can't wait to see what you do with the peas. I love being inspired by food. I love revisiting old recipes and making them better. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey hun!! The toast looks super yummy!! I will definitly have to make this with some strawberries i have left!!!

Shopping wise - yes gammon has got EXTREMELY expensive!!! I have also noted that chicken seems to be costing more too!!

I do my food shopping in Morrisons and find it soo much cheaper, I get all my cleaning stuff from Wilkos it has saved OH and I well over £50 a month!! xx

My dinner :) -

Beef Paprikah 'goulash'

Serves 4 - syn free on EE

500g Braising/casserole Beef (add more if cooking for more than 4)
250g Chestnut Mushrooms, halved SF
1 Large red onion sliced SF
400g can chopped tomatoes or passata (I used the latter). SF
1 red bell pepper sliced SF
1tsp carraway seeds (can be hard to find, so dont worry if you cant do it)
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tbsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper.
300ml beef stock (I used Bovril)

I shoved the whole lot in my slow cooker on low for the whole day, took the lid off to let it reduce, for one hour before.

Served with rice and veg. 2 DSP Very low fat fromage fraise, with Paprika sprinkled on top to garnish.

You can cook this in the oven for 2 1/2 hours 180C :)

073ed.jpg

Healthy Extras

Porridge
Skimmed Milk

Syns

8 Olives 1 syn
Sugar free jelly 1/2 Syn
Skinny cow mini dipper 3 syns
Cadbury Highlights 2 syns

Total Syns 6 1/2

Snacks

Fruit

Last edited:
Oh wow, I can't usually see photos on minimins 'cos I always come on here from work computers, but I've just seen some of your photos and am almost drooling.
Who am I trying to kid, I AM drooling ;)
That goulash looks delicious,as does the chorizo bean and leek pasta, but then I love all pasta :)

prawnchopSuey said:
Oh wow, I can't usually see photos on minimins 'cos I always come on here from work computers, but I've just seen some of your photos and am almost drooling.
Who am I trying to kid, I AM drooling ;)
That goulash looks delicious,as does the chorizo bean and leek pasta, but then I love all pasta :)

Awww well I glad you have seen some of them now! I love all pasta too!! The goulash was nommy!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back