Silver's Diary

Ooooooh muffin! Cookies I can decline but probably not a muffin lol. I looove muffins!

I'm planning party food for tomorrow and my friend's fav "cake" is sticky toffee pudding so i'm making sticky toffee cupcakes with a mars sauce topping. Also my signature brownies and selection of cheeses and crackers, fruit platter, veg platter and smoked salmon. To drink I'm have the usual wine and beer but also my pink punch :) Drinks like water and hits like 3 tequila shots :p

Sounds like my kind of party silver, good food and drink x

Chris.....and June lol

looking good ciara :D

hope you had a nice birthday yesterday Ciara...same age as me now! And I've been thinking of living in America for a bit recently....do you like it over there? x

Day 93, 94 and 95

Day 93 - (PP) I don't remember.....slowly tidied the apartment with a bad back and went to Costco at some point in the evening with James to get party stuff. Watched Rango that evening, despite the fact I still had lots to do. Great film :D

Day 94 - (PV) I got up at 8:30 and put together a list of things I needed for the party and baking and then drove up to QFC. Got back home by 9:30 and got some breakfast. I think it was yogurt and oatbran. Ran to Pike Place market after to get the things I hadn't found in QFC.

Once I was back home I started baking. Brownies first because they're simple and I've made them more times than I should have :p Then the sticky toffee cupcakes. When everything was cooling I started tidying. I was doing it very hap-hazardly. I usually go room by room, but I got it all done in the end :)
James arrived home at about 4:30 and I was making caramel to inject into the centre of the cupcakes and a Mars sauce to go on top. I also quickly made a raspberry coulee for the brownies. At 5:15 I jumped into the shower and then continued tidying and prepping after. At about 5:50 I started my make up and got that done way faster than I thought so I had time for more prepping :p I threw on my dress at 7 after I dried my hair.

People were late, thank god lol. There was no way I was fully ready at 7. James was just taking our dinner out of the oven, roast pork with brussel sprouts, sweet peppers and t bacon as a side. We wolfed it down and did a few last minute thing. Our first guests arrived at 8ish and things kicked off from there :)

Everyone seemed to have fun and all of the food was eaten and my punch was a big hit. I had a small glass, the dregs of the bowl. I also had 2 bites of a cupcake, enough brownies crumbs to constitute one of the inch-square pieces, a bit of a brie-like cheese with some cracker, a few pieces of alcoholic fruit and about 5 pieces of cheesey popcorn.....:( I feel really bad for letting myself do that, but I'm also proud that I managed to rein myself in. I actually put down over half a cupcake when I could have finished it! I know my punishment with be apparent tomorrow when I step on the scales so I'll just have to work hard next week to rectify it. I got so close too, my weight yesterday morn was half pound off what I wanted to lose this week. Ah well.
People left at about 2:30am and James and I practically passed out :zz:

Day 95 - (PP) Slept in a bit this morning and so ended up have a late breakfast. Before that James and I brought Rua to the dog park to meet some friends and after I dropped him to football.

Our friends had invited me to their house for a BBQ lunch (the weather was amazing today! It got up to 20!) but I was gonna skip it because I was exhausted! I was almost home when they called me (I have Bluetooth, don't worry :) ) to try and convince me to come....and it worked. I got home, ate a large brekkie of t burger, tbacon and scrambled eggs, changed into jeans, ran to the market to grab a steak and a present for the other guests who were going to be there, got Rua prepped and jumped into the car.

The other guests were James's manager and his wife and their 4month old baby girl. I picked up a hand painted onesie with matching hat, a beeswax and honey balm bar set for mammy and baby and a box of salted caramels. We hadn't met their daughter yet and I hadn't seen the wife since last year so it was nice to see them. Amy is adorable! Such cute cheeks!
Lunch was scallops to start and I had my steak and some cod that the new parents had brought. There was a huge spread on the table, lots of salads and cheeses and....so many nice things! And for dessert they brought out 5 different types of ice-creams lol. The hosts are spanish and any meal they serve is always amazing!

James hadn't received my txt about where I was until he was already on the bus home so he decided to continue home and to sort out the apt and have a nap. The poor thing got so sunburnt playing football, I think he might have mild sunstroke. I'm getting him to drink lots of water.
Dinner was leftover pork and a t burger and I had my oatbran for dessert. Very tired now so I think I'll head to bed :) Night :zz:

Day 96

Yesterday was a PV day. I had considered running some PPs together but the lure of veg was to strong.

Got up and got ready to head out shopping. Was somewhat delayed by James, as he was watching football and then checking some emails but we got out eventually. Went to LuluLemon to change the top and pants I got for my Bday for a smaller size :D Changing the pants was no problem but the tops tags had been removed and so I couldn't return it :( I did also get a really nice jacket, very sleeky and sexy looking :)

We went for lunch after that to a pub and I got grilled chicken with roast veg and a balsamic sauce. After that we went to AT&T because I'd been having trouble with the upgrade phone I got. They just switched it outt for a new one which was great :)
Continued shopping after that. I got 2 skirts on sale and James got 2 t-shirts and 2 pairs of shorts. Summers here are great and it will be so nice to have something other than jeans to wear :)

Dropped into the supermarket on the way home and picked up some things for a salad. Had a quick dinner of rocket, spinach, onion, sweet pepper and cherry tomatoes with balsamic vinegar :gimi: and then we headed over to a friends, whos bday it was. We played some computer games and ordered in some food later in the evening. I got sashimi; sockeye salmon, salmon, scallops and japanese omelette.

When we got home James made us oatbran cookies because I really wasn't in the mood for yogurt. Then it was off to bed :zz:

Day 97 (belated)

PP day, I had scrambled eggs and t bacon for brunch.

Despite the good weather I was very despondant. Really didn't want to do anything. I ended up going down to the sunset deck and sun bathing for an hour.

Started feeling awful at about 4ish. I no idea why until I realised I had been munching on my sugar free jellies all afternoon. Enter the whosh fairy and definite digestive distress.
I had to meet friends at 6 and I didn't feel like eating so I skipped dinner. I planned on having it later.

I was meeting friends to go to a show called Celtic Woman. One of the guys knows one of the drummers, old family friend, and he got us free entry. Good fun show. They played Dúlaman, which my aunt use to sing. It had me in tears.

After the show we met the family friend and some of the other performers and went to a steak house. I got a steak sandwich, without the sandwich part. Server looked at me so oddly but was very nice about it and also swapped the fries for a salad without me even having to ask which I thought was very nice of her. Technically wasn't supposed to have the salad either but because the waitress had so nicely gotten it for me I ate a noticeable bit and left the rest.

It was 1am-ish when I got home. James was passed out. I went to bed but had a restless night due to continued digestive discomfort. Only upside was I was down 2.6lbs when I weight myself this morn.

Day 98

PV day today. A sneeaky weigh-in put me at 181.4lbs. I had yogurt and oatbran for breakfast.

At about lunch time I met up with my neighbour and we went to Macys to scout out items before the sale tomorrow. I got a $100 gift card from my friends for my birthday. For some weird reason Macys would allow us to "pre-buy" items today but we had to wait until tomorrow to collect 'em....odd.
Anyway, I got the jeans I had been coveting and another pair of the same brand, Denim and Supply (Ralph Lauren). One pair was pricey but the other was on sale at 60% off :) I also got a top, a bikini and a dress :) very productive day. Going to pick everything up tomorrow.
Oh and the flip flops I had ordered arrived. So comfy.

Didn't do much when I got home. Made a salad for dinner when James got back from work. Chicken, t bacon, spinach, rocket, cherry tomatoes, sweet pepper, onion and balsamic and some non fat feta.

I wanna live stateside!!! Much more availability of fat free foods!!! Not fair!! Your menus always sound delish! Way to go with the weight - which day is official weigh in??? Put's you well into the 12's!!! Fandabadastic!

We are pretty lucky with the variety of stuff over here alright. I'm not quite sure how I would have managed otherwise :p

Sunday is my official weight in day, so I've got 5 days including today to hit my 180lb target for this week. Its so crazy to be so close to my TW. This is definitely the closest I've ever gotten :D
You're not too far off yourself Trudy :D :party0049:

All my motivation seems to have gone out the window...for exercise anyway. Just haven't been able to get into the routine again after I hurt my back Tuesday last week. I'm currently sitting watching tv in my gym clothes with Zumba and Spin class looming and I've just gotten a coffee invite...

Guess which I'll be going to

PV today.

Breakfast was oatbran and yogurt.

Lunch was 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of t bacon and a veggie souffle.

Dinner was turkey mince mush with tbacon, tinned tomatoes, sweet peppers, brussel sprouts, onion and seasonings.

Hit my mini goal early this morning. I weighed myself and I was 179.4lbs :)

Mini goal reached, Silver that's fantastic, missed my mini goal today hope it happens now for Sunday x how's the back? Hope its better x

Back