Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Morning all. I'm feeling a bit better today. Not sure if I'll do any more work on my wills today than I did yesterday, when I ending up procrastinating all day...if they did awards for procrastinating I'd win one. Or at least I would, but I'd probably put off completely the entry form for the contest. lol :p But yes, they're certainly fascinating the wills...from one point of view they're a family tree already set up given all the bequests to children etc (so they're perfect for the days before birth certificates!), and it's fascinating to see the travel of various things down the generations. I've been fortunate in that a number of the wills I pulled out last week all relate to the same family, so I'm seeing how the estates and so forth have traveled down about four generations. I'm hoping that they'll bring a breakthrough, as the most recent will I've got is that for a Rev. Wheeler Twyman - who was vicar in a little town called Sturry in Kent. What's fascinating me is that one of my direct ancestors was called Henry Twyman, and lived in Sturry...and, interestingly, Wheeler Twyman was the vicar to conduct his marriage ceremony. It may be a complete coincidence, but I can't help but wonder if they were related - hence my digging out his will.

Pizza today...just can't resist. :p Scampi is delicious (love seafood!), and worth a try if you like prawns and/or lobster. :)

Breakfast
Activia Coconut Yoghurt - 3pp

Lunch

Dinner
Home-made Pizza
- Hovis Wholemeal Bread Flour (200g) - 17pp
- ASDA Lighter Mozarella (137g) - 7pp
- Sainsbury's Red Cheese - 4pp
- Reggae Reggae Sauce - 2pp
- Quorn Pepperoni - 2pp

Snacks Etc.

Daily Points Used:
36 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 12

Morning all. I'm feeling a bit better today. Not sure if I'll do any more work on my wills today than I did yesterday, when I ending up procrastinating all day...if they did awards for procrastinating I'd win one. Or at least I would, but I'd probably put off completely the entry form for the contest. lol :p But yes, they're certainly fascinating the wills...from one point of view they're a family tree already set up given all the bequests to children etc (so they're perfect for the days before birth certificates!), and it's fascinating to see the travel of various things down the generations. I've been fortunate in that a number of the wills I pulled out last week all relate to the same family, so I'm seeing how the estates and so forth have traveled down about four generations. I'm hoping that they'll bring a breakthrough, as the most recent will I've got is that for a Rev. Wheeler Twyman - who was vicar in a little town called Sturry in Kent. What's fascinating me is that one of my direct ancestors was called Henry Twyman, and lived in Sturry...and, interestingly, Wheeler Twyman was the vicar to conduct his marriage ceremony. It may be a complete coincidence, but I can't help but wonder if they were related - hence my digging out his will.

Pizza today...just can't resist. :p Scampi is delicious (love seafood!), and worth a try if you like prawns and/or lobster. :)

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner
Home-made Pizza
- Quorn Pepperoni - 2pp

Snacks Etc.

Daily Points Used:
36 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 12

Pizza looks yummy. I love scampi - and I love the bit about procrastinating on sending the form in, LOL. Made me think of a friend who when they 'couldn't really care less' about something always used to say 'I'm overwhelmed with apathy.'

Aye, I can't get enough of making my own pizza now...can't believe I didn't start doing it sooner, and can't thank enough the lovely friend who encouraged me into it. Yay! Cutting down the ingredients today, though, as I'm not in the mood for mushrooms and so forth. Just a plain pepperoni, I think. Now if only I could work out making a stuffed crust... ;)

I love that...must remember the "overwhelmed with apathy" line. lol.

Aye, I should. Just using wet yeast as I forgot to buy some, and we had the wet left in the cupboard from when my mum did a "lets bake bread" phase a little while ago. A phase that sadly didn't last, because I was yumming up the bread before anyone else got a look in. :p Bread (especially fresh-baked bread when it's still warm) is soooooooooooo hard to avoid!!!

bolero982 said:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner
Home-made Pizza
- Quorn Pepperoni - 2pp

Snacks Etc.

Daily Points Used: 36 of 59
Weeklies Used: 0 of 12

That's interesting about your relation and possible relation!
I hope you're feeling alot better now,I'm abit behind on diaries so catching up right now..hope all ok :0)

bolero982 said:
Aye, I should. Just using wet yeast as I forgot to buy some, and we had the wet left in the cupboard from when my mum did a "lets bake bread" phase a little while ago. A phase that sadly didn't last, because I was yumming up the bread before anyone else got a look in. :p Bread (especially fresh-baked bread when it's still warm) is soooooooooooo hard to avoid!!!

Yum indeed to fresh baked bread..I also like your 'none filling in of the form' comment.

Morning all. Just had a sneaky look at the scales, and I'm up by three quarters of a pound so far this week. Bit disappointed, naturally, but I did half expect this when I had a loss last week, despite all I'd eaten. Have in the past had a sort of delayed reaction like this, and looks like that's what this week has brought. No worries, though, as it's only a small gain at most, and hopefully by Thursday's official weigh in it will even out to a sts at worst.
Off out shopping before long, as it's back to work tomorrow (booooooooo!). At least I shan't be working with certain people for the best part of the next 2-weeks, and I'm not doing overtime this week...so it's just a relatively easy time in my contracted hours. Can cope with that, I think. Shall sort out food once I've been shopping, as expect I'll get dinner then...fancy Thai, but we'll see. Suppose I could get a jar of Thai green curry sauce (depending on the PP) and put some Quorn in it. Probably not too bad then.

Morning :0)
As you say,the gain is only small and could be gone by Thursday's wi.
Enjoy shopping and your idea for a curry sounds nice.
That's good that work should be plain sailing for you when you go back,makes things alot easier that way!

I hope it's gone by Thursday...would cheer me up a bit, I think. Not having the best of days, if I'm completely honest. Sort of day where in the past I'd have cracked out the box of chocolates and forgotten about dieting, but I'm trying my best not to do that today as I'm not wanting to fall off again.
Saving the curry until the weekend now, in favour of a serving suggestion on a tin of beans I bought. They're Heinz mexican beans, and the suggestion is to add mince to them to make a chilli I suppose...so I'm doing that tonight, with a bit of rice. Also tried the new Quorn hotdogs for lunch, which made a change...haven't have a dog in years! I am surprised, though, by the pp the Quorn hotdogs are...not high, of course, but that's a lot for Quorn, so will double check on that when I go into the kitchen!

Lunch
White Hot Dog Buns (x2) - 10pp
Quorn Hotdogs (x2) - 5pp
Ketchup - 1pp

Dinner
Heinz Mexican Beans - 8pp
Quorn Mince (100g) - 2pp
Tilda Wild & Basmati Rice (75g) - 7pp

Snacks Etc.

Daily Points Used:
33 of 59
Weeklies Used:
0 of 3

Sorry to hear you're not having the best of days,stay strong,you can keep on track :0)
Food looks good for today,I like the idea of the chilli bean meal..enjoy it :0)

I've been nomming a bit to be honest, but have managed to avoid the worst culprits at least...largely because I'm too lazy to walk to the kitchen at present. Every cloud, I suppose. lol. One thing about work...I may get stressed out at times, but so long as I leave my wallet at home then at least there's no food lying around to nom on!

I must admit that I'm keen to try this dish. Hadn't considered it before, and was surprised to see it on the back of the can. Probably won't help my tum any (which is still a bit upside down and inside out), but still. Thinking of my tum, I sneaked a bit of beef the other night (Sunday, I think) and since then I've been unsettled again...so I think I'll have to be strict on the non-meat diet from now on. Don't think a meat and Imodium diet is good for me in the long term, really. :eek:

Haha so stay away from the kitchen and leave your wallet at home and you know you are sorted ;0)
Least the munchies haven't been too bad but as you say it does sound like you need to keep away from meat,how was dinner tonight?

Morning. I was quite pleased with dinner. For spiciness it was a bit on the mild side, but it was very nice none-the-less. A lazy man's chilli, really. Topped it with a bit of cheese, and it was very yum. Shall have to buy those Heinz Mexican beans again, or perhaps make it with the Heinz Five Beans...add a bit of chilli, and I'm sure it would come out perfect. :)

Breakfast
Party Puffs with Skimmed Milk - 4pp

Lunch
Tuna & Chilli Pasta Salad - 12pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

Dinner
Quorn Garlic & Herb Goujons (x4) - 7pp
WW Spring Onion Mash (2 portions) - 4pp
Alphabetti Spaghetti (200g) - 3pp

Snacks Etc.

Daily Points Used: