Simple chicken Curry

kazzymc

Gold Member
I often make chicken curry but im quite lazy at times for cooking so i cheat and buy frozen ingredients so i decided today to work out all the calories as i was cooking as i thought some of you may be interested in the recipe i worked out the calories for the whole meal then i divided it by 8 as thats how many im cooking for :D

Simple Chicken Curry
serves 8

500grams of frozen peppers =125cals
200grams mayflower medium curry mix =160 cals
340grams frozen cooked chicken =400cals
4 mediums onions = 400 cals
1 litre of water
total calories =1085
calories per person = 136 calories

1/2 sachet of asda boil in bag longrain rice 62.5 grams =220 cals per person

totally calories per person including rice= 356

Wow!!
I love curry but never thought of making it as I thought it be too many calories. but might try that recipe.
I don't eat rice, normally would have a naan instead.

But I could work that out.

I normally buy the jar of curry sauce. I'm gonna have a read and see what calories/fat in them.

You got my excited now that i can have a portion of curry one time lol

the curry sauce i get is from farmfoods its a powder comes in a box with a plastic box inside it and is £1 a packet and makes a really creamy nice tasting curry not runny at all

thoroughly enjoyed my curry tonite,,, i had 60 grams of rice and 150 grams of curry didnt look much on the plate but was just a perfect sized portion for me and i had the exact same amount of curry as everyone else but obviously alot less rice

mmmmmm my curry was nice, had wholemeal rice (not too great)
which weight watchers tika masala sauce, which chicken and veg in it.

Yummy!!

Thanks Kazzy

I'm starting in the morning and this is a great recipe for mynhouse, my hubby loves curries and it means I can have it too!!!!

hiya mandy hope you enjoy it,,,,,,,,, where abouts in glasgow are you

cambuslang, originally from the East End and moved to East Kilbride when I got married - moved to Cambuslang 4 years ago to be nearer my mum and dad as they help out a lot with my wee girl, but miss EK, so we thinking of moving back there next year!

where are you? X

im in clydebank moved here from the east coast to be with my OH

Back