simple maths?

kitten kat

This is what my pharmacy explained today... the average (no excercise woman)

simple maths: for every 1lb of fat we lose, we have to burn 3000 calories, so if the average woman burns 2500 a day, just doing bugger all really..lol... here is the sum:

We have 435 LT calories a day, that leaves approx 2065 calories burnt each day (with zilch excercise):
2065 x 7= 14455 calories burnt each week,
14455 divide 3000 = 4.8lbs loss per week, if we excercise naturally we burn more. So if we did aim to burn 3000 in excercise we should really lose another 1lb per week.

hope this makes sense to those who may be interested...lol

I also asked 'why is it those who drink more water lose more weight'
he thinks; drinking lots of water, makes our body use more energy to dispose of it. So hence, we burn more calories?..I think, thats what he meant?

For me the biggest worry is that in order for me to have gained weight I have been consuming 3500 additonal calories per pound gained.

So on the principal Kitten cat has said we can't fail to lose weight sticking to the VLCD even by not increasing our exercise levels. A somewhat encouraging thought

btw i was told, if u drink water colder the better, ur body has to warm it up first (hence burn more cals) to use it ;)

oooh.. thats interesting.. will be filling up on the icecubes then. (is good tip.. i chew them and they make me feel like im eating) and they r cold! So im getting my extra loss too :D

that's one thing i remember from biology - that the body burns calories just processing the stuff we put into it, especially the cold water thing... we have a skinny 'brita' filter in the fridge :) yum!
and i'm loving the "no-exercise" i'm really good at no-exercise

This is what my pharmacy explained today... the average (no excercise woman)

simple maths: for every 1lb of fat we lose, we have to burn 3000 calories, so if the average woman burns 2500 a day, just doing bugger all really..lol... here is the sum:

the only bit i am stuck on is......

.....whats an 'average' woman, never heard of one of them ;)

lol

Great post.
Makes walking to work (in the p*55*ng rain) more bearable if I think I may lose a bit more weight!

the only bit i am stuck on is......

.....whats an 'average' woman, never heard of one of them ;)

lol

Mmmm...mind, this was my thought too..lol...thats the only bit I cant work out... maybe the bigger you are, your body work harder for energy, so uses more calories?...hence bigger losses???

I think the shocking thing for me was that someone once worked out (I think it was a dietician on a previous failed diet) that just to maintain my weight at that time I needed to consume about 4500cals a day - I think I was about 21st 7 at the time. I went on to put on a further 2 stone. MAD

I think the shocking thing for me was that someone once worked out (I think it was a dietician on a previous failed diet) that just to maintain my weight at that time I needed to consume about 4500cals a day - I think I was about 21st 7 at the time. I went on to put on a further 2 stone. MAD

looking at the maths of a diet, does make you realise, what you must have been consuming...:eek:what a shock it is to all of us...mad hey!:eek:

Back