Siobhan's weight loss journey - fat to fabulous!

Siobhan89

Silver Member
Well have almost completed day one of CD and it hasn't been as difficult as i first thought. My consultant is really nice and really explained things in detail and put me at ease. Nothing seems like too much trouble for her which is great :) I've had 2 of the soups so far and gonna have a shake later! Although i don't think i made the spicy tomato one properly (was a tad on the lumpy side! oops!) so any tips on this would be great! lol
My consultant also gave me a few tips n ideas of using the sunshine orange flavouring to make icelollys and using the chocolate velvet ready drink to make ice cream by putting it in the freezer for 2 hours in a bowl. Just thought i'd share these with you all!
Looking forward to my first weigh in already! :D xx

Oooh must try the ice cream idea! That's fab! good luck with everything!

Thank you! you too! :) xx

Yes good luck with your journey and its true the right councillor can make all the difference, its the small ideas like that which will stop you getting bored.

With reference to the soup, use a hand blender and don't add it all at once, i did mine that way and they were lovely.

RB x

Thanks noodledoodle! you too! Good luck with your first weigh in tomorrow :)

Thanks rugger bugger - i know i was so glad she was really nice coz i had been reading on here that people had had some troubles with their consultants. Thanks for that! I just made the chocolate shake with a hand blender so will try the soup tomorrow that way! xx

try a few ice cubes with a shake, as well.

Day 4 seems to be the trickiest, and if you do find it hard just bare in mind it gets easier ever day from there on in.

RB x

Yeh i had a few ice cubes in it i loved it :) definitely my favourite so far! I've took a few different shakes to try but i just wish i had took a few different flavours of soups to try but my consultant said if i really don't like any then she would swap them for me in a few days which is good to know! yeh i'm just gonna power through this week and i'm sure after my first weigh in i'll be motivated enough! :) xx

Hi Siobhan,

Try putting a good few ice cubes (I put a whole tray in!) into a blender with the water and shake, it makes a pint of what is the nearest you'll get to a mcdonaldsesque milkshake and almost feels like you're having a treat- it's the only way I can have my shakes now, unless I'm having hot chocolate of course..

The volume of liquid really helps to keep you feeling full too.

X

oh that sounds good! i'm lovin the chocolate shake :) i'll try it hot too but i love it with the ice cubes! Thanks for the tip! xx

Day 2 let's go!! Had a strawberry shake this morning which I wasn't too keen on :( think I'll know my faves by the end of the week! :) hope everyone has a good day! xx

I don't like the strawberry shake either but at least you've got it out of the way now so you'll know exactly what you like and dislike by the end of the week.

Well done getting through week one, and I hope day 2 goes well!

Yeh exactly! Think I will try the choc orange one when i'm home from work :) not gonna lie today has been a little tough my tummy is growling but I will not give in!! xx

Had my chocolate orange shake and i liked it! :) kidded on to myself that i was eating a terry's chocolate orange! how sad haha :p thank god the growling tummy has subsided! just feeling really tired now and my head was slightly fuzzy (not sure why considering ive drank 2.88l of water today!) took some painkillers so will probably be ready to sleep within the next hour or so! Really hope the tired, weak feeling doesn't carry on for too long :( xx

I love the chocolate orange and chocolate mint shakes! The weak feeling will go once you're fully in ketosis, by Friday you should be feeling great and you'll have lost a very encouraging amount of weight too, keep going!

Thanks! it really is about keeping your head in the game! felt like giving in a few times today (by eating!) so glad i didn't though. Just need to think of all the reasons i want to lose weight and keep them in my mind! So glad to know the weak feeling will be going soon :) hope your day has went well! xx

Hi Siobhan,

It went well apart from a small pack of peanuts but at least they aren't carby so should just delay ketosis a little bit. You'll honestly feel much better in a few days, just keep glugging that water and having the packs.

x

Well I'm onto day three and not really feeling too hungry today! Only had one pack so far and trying to delay my 2nd as late as possible as I'm back shift tonight! Just got a bit of a sore head but nothing some painkillers won't solve :) xx

Well I'm onto day three and not really feeling too hungry today! Only had one pack so far and trying to delay my 2nd as late as possible as I'm back shift tonight! Just got a bit of a sore head but nothing some painkillers won't solve :) xx

Sounds like your doing great! well done, it will all be worth it come weigh in time.

HAving Soup as my 3rd pack, gone try and do it like you suggested, ill let you know how it turns out. xx

rugger bugger said:
Sounds like your doing great! well done, it will all be worth it come weigh in time.

HAving Soup as my 3rd pack, gone try and do it like you suggested, ill let you know how it turns out. xx

Thank you! Yeh I keep telling myself that :) just tryin to keep my head in the game when it gets tough! Yeh let me know if it's any better! I just had spicy tomato there too xx

Back