Size 16 to Size 10 in under 10 weeks...

ilovebiochem

I'm not starting until Monday but I thought I'd start a journal now.

I have no idea if I can do this. I'm useless at dieting - probably because I haven't needed to until now! My weight gain only happened over the past couple of years. I seem to be better at doing stuff (exercising more) than not doing stuff (eating less).

However I don't have the luxury of time on this occasion. I've got about 2.5 months to drop down to a size 10 from a 16. I'm not weighing myself because my size does not correlate well at all with others who are similar height/weight as me (I'm usually quite a bit heavier than those who are the same height/size as me). Also, my boyfriend has hidden the scales! :eek: Never mind, it's the size that matters the most (to me anyway).

I'm going to try to keep activity low. Two very very basic, short and fairly light resistance workouts per week (to hold on to as much lean mass as possible!) and some daily walking. The walking is mostly for my sanity but also to spend some outdoorsy time with the boyfriend.

I may not stick to this all the way to goal. I may switch to a higher calorie intake and a much higher activity level when I get to a 12 to drop the last size. I know it will take a bit longer but it'll function as a transition to maintenance. I'm undecided yet though - it really depends on how long it will take to get down to a 12.

Anyway I've been reading some of the journals on here and I'm thinking the support and accountability will do me good. I'm not particularly worried about the hunger so much as the lightheadedness and dizziness. Rather brilliantly I will be starting this during a very important examination week for me :rolleyes: but there's no perfect time and maybe the revision will help take me mind off food for the first couple of days (which I gather are the hardest).

So is a drop of 3 sizes in 2.5 months (or less, preferably!) doable? :eek:

Last edited:
So I spoke to my boyfriend about my plan tonight. He was very supportive (but then he always is - I'm a very lucky girl!), although a bit concerned that I may get really miserable and go on some crazy binge. I reassured him that if I was having an exceptionally tough time on TS I would switch to WS (possibly flicking between the two where appropriate/necessary). We also agreed that with each drop in dress size we would go out to a restaurant for a 'free meal'. :D

Two more sleeps until I begin.

So my first day has begun!

I am splitting my 'meals' up into 6 portions. Had my first at 10am so will have one every two hours - my last will be at 8pm. The steady supply of nutrition should help - I hope! (15 minutes until my next half shake!)

I'm looking forward to tonight when I can officially say I've completed day 1. Hey, I've nearly done a full morning already!

I just need to keep in mind that I could be down a size in 2-3 weeks. :D

I'll do it with you, Im a size 14-16 now and want to get to a size 10.

If your not going to weigh, take measurements, chest, waist, hips, thighs and top of arms.

The only thing I would say about going out for dinner... for me personally, everyone is different though... but I stuck at it for months 100% and the weight was falling off me... then I had a celebratory meal... I havent been able to get back on track totally since, also the reason we are over weight is a bad relationship with food, often this comes from using food as a treat or a reward.. to make sure the weight stays off, we all need to change how we view food, maybe instead of going out for dinner how about a nice day out somewhere?(also... if you suddenly eat normal food... esp a big meal and afters, your stomach will not be happy! Trust me.. haha it isnt attractive)

Hopefully we'll be down to a size 10 before we know it!

The boyfriend did offer to get the scales out once per week to weigh, but I decided against it. The main reason is because I'm often so much heavier than everyone else who's the same height and size as me (I'm currently 5'3, wearing a size 16 and weigh about 205lbs!), but also because I don't really care about weight. I think I will keep an eye on my waist/hip measurements though - I think there's a measuring tape in the bathroom somewhere - thanks for the suggestion!

I'm not too worried about going out for food. My problem is eating out of boredom - I've never been one to eat out of depression or happiness or anything. I definitely wouldn't be even considering it if I was more of an emotional eater. I just find myself trawling the cupboards when I have nothing to do! lol my weight gain is a pretty recent thing - probably because I've had so much free time on my hands over the past couple of years. I'm going to try to deal with that as I'm on this diet. Not only that, I'm going on holidays in a couple of months and it's going to involve a lot of fancy restaurant meals, so it'll be good practice for that hopefully. I also want to eventually transition into being a more 'flexible dieter' as per this book: A Guide to Flexible Dieting by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

I cannot believe day 1 is nearly over and it's been much easier than I was expecting. I'm guessing that it won't last though - I'm expecting some induction flu over the next week.

It gets harder and then easier once you get into the "zone" when you see results you dont want to cheat but then as it goes on you start to miss chewing haha, for me what got me into the zone was losing over half a stone in the first week so you do need something to measure how much you are losing, be that pounds or inches to keep you going.

Im 5ft 4 and 180lbs and a 14 - 16 so our body size for cloth size probably isnt far off being the same, most people say a stone lose means a size down in clothes, but its always been more like a stone and a half for me to drop a dress size, so when I was a 16 I was around 190 I think.

Everyone is different, it depends what your diet was like before, the things which make people feel ill (normally headaches) is withdrawals from caffeine and stuff like that, just remember to keep your water intake up, the rubbish feeling normally passes after a few days.

Good luck! I would just echo Sammy E's point and say that it took me ~3 weeks to get back on track after I "treated" myself with a bday meal lol! But you sound very positive and determined, with a good bf for support so all the best.:) I shall monitor your progress with interest. :D

Good morning:D Just trying to catch up on some of the newer diaries and the title of yours got me thinking........... size 16 to size 10 in 10 weeks........ now that is entirely possible on Exante but for some reason that's only just hit home! Not sure why~ maybe seeing the statement in black and white....... maybe just that 10 weeks doesn't seem very long at all... maybe I just hadn't put the two together in my head :) Hmm, the tricks we play on ourselves....... good luck with achieving your goal. You sound very determined.... I'll be following your progress with interest :D

It gets harder and then easier once you get into the "zone" when you see results you dont want to cheat but then as it goes on you start to miss chewing haha, for me what got me into the zone was losing over half a stone in the first week so you do need something to measure how much you are losing, be that pounds or inches to keep you going.
Thank god for the bars!! lol I had the tape measure out yesterday and have noted some measurements (sticking to the usual bust/waist/hips) so I'll have something to keep me going, motivation wise. :) I think after I've lost some inches I'll add the stats to my signature... :eek:

Good luck! I would just echo Sammy E's point and say that it took me ~3 weeks to get back on track after I "treated" myself with a bday meal lol! But you sound very positive and determined, with a good bf for support so all the best.:) I shall monitor your progress with interest. :D
Based on what you and SammyE have said I think it might be a good idea to keep those free meals on the low carb side - maybe go to Nando's and get one of their chickens (not exactly a hardship!).

Good morning:D Just trying to catch up on some of the newer diaries and the title of yours got me thinking........... size 16 to size 10 in 10 weeks........ now that is entirely possible on Exante but for some reason that's only just hit home! Not sure why~ maybe seeing the statement in black and white....... maybe just that 10 weeks doesn't seem very long at all... maybe I just hadn't put the two together in my head :) Hmm, the tricks we play on ourselves....... good luck with achieving your goal. You sound very determined.... I'll be following your progress with interest :D
Oh I hope so!

I've been reading the journals here with some interest and am hoping to read more once my exams are over! They're all very motivational and there seems to be so much support here. I want to contribute to that. We're all in it together after all!

I think having exams at the moment is taking my mind off the switch (and huge reduction) in my eating. I just had a large glass of water and my first bar of the day. Off to do some revision now!

Sounds like your doing really well.

I'd be happy to be a size 10 - 12 to be honest, like now in most shops Im a 14 but in some styles or shops I need a 16, so if I can get to that with 10's and 12's I'll be very happy!

Also once I get back into Exante (probably a week or two) Im going to start the 30 day shred again, I managed 10 days before I went on my xmas break haha and havent touched it since! And that really helps tone you up, so hopefully that will help make me smaller even if it doesnt help me lose pounds, so I am going to do measurements now as well.

I would love to get to size 10. Im on my last day of wk2 & 2mrw is my official WI. I knw it wont b a good loss as i wz out of TS yesterday & sun & totm started 2dy! I got in2 the 11s last wk so im hoping it sts or drops a bit.
Good luck & stay focused!

Good luck Garfield, Ive been in and out of the 11's like a yoyo this year, hoping I'll be back in them next week and never ever see the 12s again

Good luck sammye.
The last time i was in the 11s was 4 yrs ago so glad to be revisiting them again.
Hopefully not for 2 long though
:)

I got into the 11's in Feb... then it all went wrong lol, got down to 11 and a half, then back up to the 12's, last weigh in i was 12 stone 2lbs, Im hoping to get into the 10s within a month... which I know I can do if Im 100%, my first week I lost 8lbs, then 5lbs and two weeks of 4lbs... my first restart week I lost 7lbs, then two weeks of 4lbs and then 3lbs, so if I can manage anything like that again this restart I hopefully will get into the 10s in 4 weeks no trouble... lets see!

Day THREE already! :eek:

I think I can feel the slightest loosening in my t-shirt and the thighs of my jeans, but it's most likely my imagination!

Lots to do today though, and while it would be nice to have a day just lounging in front of a DVD box set, being busy is a good distraction. I've not been tempted by food yet - the boyfriend had a whole pizza last night (one of my favourites too) and I genuinely wasn't tempted at all. WHY didn't I do this sooner?! I always thought I'd never have the willpower.

Saying all this, the cravings could hit in the next hour...

Your be fine, your doing great!

Day 4 :D Was a bit hungry last night before realising I had another shake to have! Just had my first shake of the day.

Also, took a look at my measurements this morning:
Bust same :eek: (shocked because I tend to lose weight up top first - but not complaining because I'm small up there anyway)
Waist down an inch!
Hips down nearly TWO inches!!

Of course some of that is due to my cells emptying of glycogen and some water along with it, but still. :cool:

Back