size 18 to size 12

Just measured myself and in ten weeks i've lost 2 inches from my bust, 6 inches from my waist and 4 inches from my hips! I've lost a foot of myself in total, how amazing is that?! xx

Hello inspirational folk!
I was a size 12 before I had my daughter, and a size 18 after. My weight hasn't changed much in the 8 years since (my son came along but due to gestational diabetes a strict diet meant I only put on 7lbs and lost that quickly). I tend to start SW, lose a stone, then give up. I'm tired of it. I'm now at serious risk of type ii diabetes, and am fed up of feeling uncomfortable and I want to look like 'me'!
I'm now a standard 18 and really want to be vback to 12/14.
My husband and I are starting SW together on Friday (meal planning a go go til then!)
Some exvellent motivation on here!
Lydia xx

LydiaN said:
Hello inspirational folk!
I was a size 12 before I had my daughter, and a size 18 after. My weight hasn't changed much in the 8 years since (my son came along but due to gestational diabetes a strict diet meant I only put on 7lbs and lost that quickly). I tend to start SW, lose a stone, then give up. I'm tired of it. I'm now at serious risk of type ii diabetes, and am fed up of feeling uncomfortable and I want to look like 'me'!
I'm now a standard 18 and really want to be vback to 12/14.
My husband and I are starting SW together on Friday (meal planning a go go til then!)
Some exvellent motivation on here!
Lydia xx

Meal planning is the best.... I find if I have fresh veg and salad I'm more determined to cook and use it up than waste it and spend money on a take away.

I find if I dont meal plan then it goes to pot.

After 8 months I've turned my eating habits around.

One treat a day, snack on fruit and cereal bars.
Fill up on main meals and generally get out more so tend to walk to town now and ditch the car :)

Good luck. You can do it!

I was an 18/20 in January and now a 14bottom and 12 on top. It CAN be done.

Great that your husband is joining you x

Meal planning is the best.... I find if I have fresh veg and salad I'm more determined to cook and use it up than waste it and spend money on a take away.

I find if I dont meal plan then it goes to pot.

After 8 months I've turned my eating habits around.

One treat a day, snack on fruit and cereal bars.
Fill up on main meals and generally get out more so tend to walk to town now and ditch the car :)

Good luck. You can do it!

I was an 18/20 in January and now a 14bottom and 12 on top. It CAN be done.

Great that your husband is joining you x

See when I read this it gives me great faith - I think it's only 9 months and she's done that much but then my own goals seem to be soooooo slow . But when I think about it in May I was a size 20/22 and now a 16 in most shops. My new jogging bottoms are 14 from Primark. But the actual pounds are really slow to go but obviously my shape is changing. Wow if I can get a stone off by Christmas the dress I have my eye on might be a 14 not a 16. Which would have seemed impossible last Christmas with me in a huge wooly jumper ....

Fair play t ye im size 18 with a wardrobe to fit every size downwards . Looking forward t having nights out wit my old clothes !!!

dizzy226 said:
Fair play t ye im size 18 with a wardrobe to fit every size downwards . Looking forward t having nights out wit my old clothes !!!

Snap! All on nice smaller clothes were in storage/suitcases so now I've put a few smaller items I love that don't fit in my wardrobe with my size 18's so now everyday when I get dressed I see them and it keeps me motivated x

Hi, Im a size 18 currently and hoping to get to a 12. When I started slimmin world in May I was a 22 (wearing 20). Now I am almost a 16 (just another inch or two). It took me over a2 stone to get to an 18. Which, factoring in th fact I was probably a 22 when I started, is over a stone a dress size. Im hoping I lose more inches faster the less I weigh and the more toned I get.

Hello everyone! Im joining SW for 101th time on Thursday as im also a size 18/20 looking to get down to 12/14 at 11 and half stone :) my target is July 27th 2013. Going away for a family holiday and defo am not going until ive got tl target!! :) love reading everyones inspirational stories.. Gives me so much hopeee!!

Still waiting to get in 16...so close lol! Joining a gym next week which should help...I hope

Hiya, I'd like to join you on your quests! I started last oct in a 18. I've lost 2st and I'm comfortably in the 14s but no where near the 12s yet! I still have about 15lb to go I think. I've been at this weight 11st 8 for about 6 months as I seemed to lose focus once I got into a size 14. I'm back on track now and hoping to get into a 12 for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Hiya, I'd like to join you on your quests! I started last oct in a 18. I've lost 2st and I'm comfortably in the 14s but no where near the 12s yet! I still have about 15lb to go I think. I've been at this weight 11st 8 for about 6 months as I seemed to lose focus once I got into a size 14. I'm back on track now and hoping to get into a 12 for Christmas.

Great work if i cud get as far as u id b thrilled

hannahsmumwillshrink said:

Well done! Any tips?

I suppose my main tip is to accept the small failings and get straight back on so it doesn't turn into a big failing, where a yr passes and you're heavier. Thats where I've been going wrong the last 10 yrs! Oh and I had to stay to group or I'd cheat!

Hi, I'm new to the board, can I join your quest for that ellusive size 12? Currently a 16 pushing an 18 so a good couple of stones for me then. Here's to us all :grouphugg:

hi everyone i join today and would like to join your group if that is ok. i join slimming world 2 weeks ago and have lost to date 6lbs way in tomorrow hope i have lost some more im about a size 18-20 and hate my body

Can I join? I was size 28 when I started. 14's are too big now but 12'a a bit tight so I think I'm a 13. I don't understand why I'm not still a 14 as I measured myself again this morning and actually measure 41-32-41 ! Last time I was a 12 the measurements were 36-24-36-36/38 so that shows how many decades ago it was lol !

Back