Size in mind

oh I did not know Nigella, what a perfect beauty, really. But I don't think she is overweight at all. She has big boobs, but the rest is just normal, isn't it not ?

She's usually a size 14, by all accounts. Sometimes a 16, and sometimes a 12 (but there generally seems to be a lot of corsetting and control underwear going on). so it depends what you call normal. I'd say it's normal. and desirable. but i don't want to be properly slim, so i'm biased..

I've also never been slim, i think i was briefly a size 14 at around age 18 but i haven't been under a size 16 for the whole of my adult life and have been an 18 most of that time. When i started CD i was a large 18, or, to be more honest, a 20. I was really struggling because apart from one pair of essential work trousers i absolutely refused to go up a size!

To me, sizes work like this:
20 and above - definitely obese
18 - quite fat
16 - a bit fat or curvy depending on body shape
14/12 - normal
10 - slim
8 - thin
6 - too thin
That is based on not being tall though, i think 5"6' and over can often be a 16 and not look fat at all.

I was aiming for a BMI of 25 or just under 10st and then see where i am. Although i am getting close to that now and still a size 16 due to my stupid apple proportions so quite likely i will carry on for a bit. I'd like to get to a 14, not sure if i actually want to get smaller than that though as have no idea if it'll suit me. I might try for a 12 so that if i have a small gain coming off the diet then i'll only be going up to a 14!

It freaks me out slightly that i could be 7st something and have a BMI of 20 and still be considered healthy. That seems tiny! Although i do think that naturally thin people often look healthier at low weights than people who fight against their body type to be thin. Maybe that's just me trying to be nice to those people at the other end of the scale who can't put on weight though.

Back