Skimmed Milk and Splenda?

kadmus

Hi everyone,

Today I start Exante. I did cambridge last year and lost 4.5 stones. I have put back on just over a stone so decided to get to me original goal with cambridge, which I never got to.
I have a question though. I am going to to the total solution, and was wondering if I can use skimmed milk and splenda tablet with my coffee? I seem to remember skimmed millk was ok on cambridge on the sole source plus option, not so sure about sweetners.

Hi and welcome Kadmus, good luck with the diet. Sweetners are fine to use. As far the skim milk goes I do not think it is a good idea as this would increase you carbs and calories which this diet is based around.

Milk is a no no like Mark said. But you get used to it. Add one more tablet sweetner than usual, and drinks are easy with no milk then. I usually have lots of full fat milk when I am not on Exante (or cream when on Atkins)....But I have not had any milk for 2 weeks now. If you put your mind to it, it is easy.

Good luck with losing the last of your weight x

hey welcome hun
wish u all the best on your diet :d
tc
mwah

Thank you both, milk will be evicted then! I will have to have 3 splenda tablets instead.

Thats the spirit!lol

You will do well if you adapt this plan to fit x

Welcome to our little exante group kadmus

:welcome2:

Like the other clever ones have said..about the milk

BUT if it gets really desperate you could try adding a tiny weeny meany pinch of the vanilla flavour shake powder into the tea or coffee.. might help..

I have discovered jasmine tea mmmm its so nice black and although sweeteners are fine accordingly (and I do have them in my normal tea).. it doesn't need any :D

Good luck and its nice to have you on the forum with us

xx

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I have had my coffee without milk and it's ok. Some peppermint tea also.
This is day 1 and I am starving!!! I guess I had forgotten from doing cambridge how hard it is the first few days. If I'm desperate then I will have an extra shake or something, hopefully that won't delay ketosis.

I am with you kadmus :D although some rather wonderful people here didnt suffer in week one.. I did... hunger so bad I was chewing my nails.. It was more about the tummy having a tantrum and rebelling than the mind wanting or craving.. it does ease.. you are doing so well already... first few days I had a few very early nights.

Keep slugging and glugging the water back, and maybe try a fennel tea? I think that's on an allowed list :S... If you have the bars, I found breaking them into chunks and rationing them worked for a little. As the pangs were worse in the evenings and at night.

Day by day kad, get through today and tonight and you only have to get through the next day.. and on and on :D and you are almost through the very first .. so you should be rather proud of yourself.. I am sure the others will agree, we are to

xx

Last edited:
Short and Gorgeous, you are so right, day by day, night by night. One step at a time and Kadmus, you must be very proud yourself.

Well I toughed it out. I stuck to the 4 packs (I'm way too tall to do 3), and if I remember correctly then by tomorow it will be plain sailing.

Does anyone know that if by exercising after week 2 then you will help your metabolism to speed up? It's so easy to put the weight back on after one of these diets and I don't want to do that again.

I shall have to investigate how to speed up the metabolism. I never really ate any more than what my body would have burned naturally yet I put on weight. I do like my sugar so maybe I shall have to get rid of that once and for all!

You will have to get rid of the sugar, no doubt about that. As for speeding up your metabolism I am not sure, but with this diet the weight is ceratinly falling off me. 25lbs in 13 days. Good luck.

hey you well done.. first day down :D

I found the advise from Yambabe really helpful on this topic of exercise to boost metabolism.. hopefully she will stop by and fill in the gaps...

But I think exercising can be good, but try and concentrate more on strength-building exercises than anything that involves cardio.

Weights and core stuff is all good and will help you build muscle which in turn will boost your metabolism and help speed your weightloss.

Unfortunately when you are on a VLCD too much cardio exercise will lead to you losing muscle mass so could impede your weightloss.

http://www.minimins.com/exante/13236...cise-vlcd.html (Benefits of resistance excercise on a VLCD)

I have a set of the Firm Dvds, I do the weight ball and resistance cord dvds. each are only 30 minutes long. They do contain a small amount of cardio, which depending on how your body is feeling and reacting you could skip through. I tend to do the upper body movements and miss out the lower cardio heart pumping leg twirling kicking jumping section, but carry on doing the core and moves that they 'addon' until that bit passes.

I brought a set from amazon, for £29 that included the dvds and the weights and cords. Plus a pilates resistance band and dvd. It is a region 2 dvd though but I find it plays well on the xbox, or I assume any other console or multi region player.http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Firm-Bod...6948213&sr=1-2

Warning though, I tried to do the routines the first few days and it wasn't a good idea. I felt whoozy. So will try to start again this second week, but will be listening to my body. Our bodies are already working hard to stabilise on the new calorie intake. Slow and steady for me I think

From personal experience and reading, I would say don't rush straight into exercise too, certainly don't increase the amount you do for the first few weeks of your diet. VLCD is pretty extreme and you need to give your body chance to adapt

Where would we be without you Short and Gorgeous. All of the info you give is benficial, keep up the excellent work.

hehehe, thank you lovely mark.. BUT that is assuming my waffling rambling is helpful:$ .... It also proves that my visits to this forum are my special little treat of me time hehe and reveals my annoying habit of dotting! (.....)

sorry everyone

xxxx

Yup, I lost a lot on cambridge last year but finished when I got to a normal weight as opposed to when all my belly fat had gone. This time I am waiting till I get a proper flat stomach.
Giving up chocolate is a killer. Wish there was a healthier alternative that was as tasty!

I find turning the choc shakes into a hot version with a sweetner helps a little.Calli has a yummy version that's creamier and more 'galaxy' like.

http://www.minimins.com/exante/156218-things-we-do-make-us-go-mmmmmm.html

but the choccie section goes a little like this.. but best to pop to the thread as theres some cautions on there about doing this kind of thing :D
Most are adapted from the Cambridge diet packs to.. so some are untested in kitchen explosions hehe!

I think I got off lucky.. I am more of a savory kind of girl... but like you now I can't have it.. the idea of chocolate does make me whimper for some
xxx

Ice Cream
Put 11 ice cubes in a smoothie maker and crush the ice. Add a food pack and a small amount of water (about 2 tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream".

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a smoothie maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack . Mix the pack with a bit of water until you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate! BUT looks a little like.. ermmm.. something less tasty!

Variation: Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!

Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack (3tbls give and take) and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a piece of greaseproof paper, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for about 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolaty biscuit with a "dunking" texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Back