Skimmed milk powder

Samprand

WILL do it!
Just wondering if it would be ok to use skimmed milk powder (which is the only ingredient in Tesco Skimmed Milk Powder apart from additional Vitamins A and D) in tea and coffee as I can't stand having them black?

I thought it would be ok to use as one of the ingredients in the shakes is dried skimmed milk, so isn't that the same thing?

I would be interested to find this out too :)

Good question! I too was wondering that.

I've read that some people just use normal milk and it doesn't interfere with their losses, so surely this would be an even better option? I hope so anyway lol :coffee:

only full fat milk was ok on atkins and then only in phase 2 - no semi or deffo not skimmed so be interesting to find this out as im used to doule cream being acceptable in keto phase 1

Hi guys I've done cd in the past very successfully and had normal skimmed milk throughout

I mean 'officially' no it's not aloud but it helped me stick to plan n had no effect on my 8 stone loss I'm not a huge coffee drinker maybe 1 or 2 per day but could quite easily have maybe 5 when on vlcd just for something to taste :)

I have skimmed milk in all my tea and coffee :)

In ketosis and 12lbs down since Friday so it's not doing toooo much harm ;)

I use skimmed powdered milk in my tea (2 or 3 cups a day) and the weight loss is no different from when I was doing Exante and not drinking tea.

The milk powder I use had around 1.5g of carbs per teaspoon which is enough to make the tea nice and milky. As an example the strawberry sachet has 18.6g carbs.

Starlight said:
I have skimmed milk in all my tea and coffee :)

In ketosis and 12lbs down since Friday so it's not doing toooo much harm ;)

Well done Starlight!

I had milk too - skimmed in morning tea. I went off ordinary coffee generally but my real special treat was a skinny latte in Costa. At the time Starlight said something like ' I didn't get fat drinking an odd skinny latte'. It helped me so much at the time.

And it didn't stop me losing weight - in eight months of TS you need some treats. And it needs to be doable. The milk made me stay on track.

GSQ.

That's great :) I will treat myself to a coffee or two .

is soya milk any better? only recently gone back to dairy as son finally outgrown his intollerance to it so kinda used to soya products in this house

When I was having my good losses on exante, I was having 200ml of semi skimmed milk a day in drinks. Carbs are low and protein is the same. 100ml of semi skimmed has around 4g of carb and 4g of protein

Back