Skin care survey

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Thanks to oily skin, I used to pride myself on looking younger than my actual age.

But as I lose a bit of weight in my face, it's obvious that a lot of it was due to face fat pushing the wrinkles out because my skin is starting to droop and look OLD! :eek: Not a happy bunny...

I know this is all very superficial and shallow of me, but action is required!

What skincare do you all swear by?

I hope Jim doesn't see this, he already knows I drink Malibu :(

Dead sea bath salts! They are excellent.

Just for the record, I am straight.

kind, funny....AND YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! you could actually be the perfect man!

i use pure aloe vera gel all over face and body after each bath/shower... and simple night cream.

having said that im only 22 and my biggest issue at moment is bags under my eyes! lol x

Straight, but embracing the 80's tradition of a Malibu :)

I use coal tar soap and water with johnsons baby lotion. I use this because my nan has used it all her life and she looks 20yrs younger than she is so thats proof enough for me

Straight, but embracing the 80's tradition of a Malibu :)

I use coal tar soap and water with johnsons baby lotion. I use this because my nan has used it all her life and she looks 20yrs younger than she is so thats proof enough for me

Just seen your album pics, you've done amazing! What a difference!

aww thanks :) I still have quite a way to go :( according to your stats you have done pretty amazingly too!

OMG do they still make coal tar soap? I thought that stuff was carcinogenic or something. :eek:

I look my age, despite having a pharmacist sister-in-law who plies me with free samples of everything expensive. I'm beginning to think you actually have to slap this stuff ON YOUR SKIN at some point - just having it in the medicine cabinet isn't working at all! ;)

Tzone face wash in the shower first thing or tzone face wipe dragging off the ol waterproof mazzy. Mask or scrub couple times a week. Moisturiser after washing. Lancome foundation, benefit concealer (mainly on dark circles which I've had all my life so have nothing to do with tiredness imo), lancome powder, waterproof mazzy.

My word this makes me look so sodding vain but I'm sooooo not lol.

aww thanks :) I still have quite a way to go :( according to your stats you have done pretty amazingly too!

Thanks, slightly less huge than I used to be ;) Going to try and nuke my fat with <10g carbs a day in time for summer :)

I love love love coal tar soap! The smell reminds me of my grandad :) they have handwash now too!

well, fancy a little challenge James? I want to be at goal for summer sooo hows about it? (and anyone else of course)

im up for that. i wanna be 3 stone down by july 31st.

is this a skincare thread, a blind date thread, or a challenge thread? lol, i love the way we meander through topics, is truly is just like a conversation!

skincare..... i just wash my whole body/face with my shmpooy hands while in the shower. take off my makeup when i remember with a babywipe. and i have been told i look younger, tbh, your face is your genes, you can help it along but i think that is more down to diet and lifestyle than creams.
i have always had a healthy diet, plenty of veg etc, never been a fan of fizzy drinks and sweets, which is why diets have been elusive for me in the past, not enough of a change from my norm to make a difference, but this way suits me, it is working.
i do moisture my legs, as i have eczema there that needs attention.

for me - mostly water on the face, as I'm allergic to all colouring & perfume on my skin. Means I never wear any makeup though - and people say that makes me look younger :)

The only products I can tolerate are Sanex for body, simple shampoo and conditioner and simple facewash in small doses.

Interestingly DH just told me yesterday that he thinks I look (even!) younger as I have lost some weight from my face - but recognises this was because we both were skinnier when we were younger IYSWIM :D

The upside of growing up (out?) together over the last 20+ years is we both look the same to each other - the downside is I have over 20 years of photos proving differently!

pmsl James :)
Ive noticed since losing i have got those big lines around my mouth where i laugh/smile (note to self - stop smiling) in fact my cheeks are starting to be a bit hollow :( i use aldi moisturisor twice a day its cheap and brill :)

i have no skincare regime at all lol

since changing jobs i spend a lot of time walking to and from the station and the winter was battering my skin so i bought a moisturiser with SPF to battle out the winter cold....so i use that every day, after babywiping the makeup off (normally last nights makeup)...then apply makeup...i dont leave the house without it!

Lady, I worried/worry about the same thing!

I just try to remember to moisturise day and night (tho definitely in the morning) with whatever's to hand - Body Shop stuff at the mo. I've also got some Clinique eye cream, though I'm trying to get rid of dark circles under my eyes more than anything. Don't think it's really working though, think it's hereditary! Bloody genetics!

I'm sure you look fabulous darling! :)

I love liz Earle. I never sleep in my make up and moisturise every morning. Post LL I bought a garnier eye cream as someone on tv said it was a facelift in a tube and that really helped. I have super sensitive eyes but it was great. Liz Earle is all natural too.

Cuticura cucumber facewash...occasionally St Ives face scrub (makes your skin glow)....Sanex for everywhere else...

I used to be a total Lush girl....but then the staff changed over to what I'd personally term as 'Primetime C*nts' so I just use whatever I can get in Wilkinsons!

I swear by Palmers cocoa butter though...for absolutely everywhere....

FYI, the Palmers olive oil butter smells like a dirty butchers. Avoid!

Back