Skin Tags

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by rainbow brite, 21 September 2008 Social URL.

1. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Okay, so a year or two ago this friend at work (a rather portly friend) tells me that she has a hard time shaving her underarms as she has loads and loads of skin tags there.

My jaw dropped and I was all like 'whoah, gross'! (Forgive the stupid language today, I'm feeling odd lol)

I forgot about it.

Until... one day I was shaving my underarms and though 'whatthehellisthat?!'

It was a skin tag. I immediately jumped on the laptop trying to find ways of removing them and also finding out why I'd suddenly got one.

Turns out people get them when the put on weight.

So... I had this gross growth thing on me because I'd got fat! :eek: Not only that but I noticed a few more under there as well!

ANYWAY... I was shaving the other day and out of curiosity had a little peek.

GONE!

They have all gone away since I lost weight! It's unreal. I can see where they were (little dots on my skin) but they're not at all raised.

I couldn't believe it and so I just thought I'd share my experience and let anyone who has got them know that they will probably go away and anyone who is wondering where the heck theirs went why they aren't there anymore :)

~Gem xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. princess-of-power

princess-of-power this is SPARTA!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    lol, i've got one on my thigh and i used to have one on my eye until i picked it off (ewww). My OH has got one on his chest too.

East way to get rid of them...get a thin string of cotton, wrap it round the base of the tag and this cuts of any blood supply to it, it shrivels up and falls off!!!

4. rainbow brite

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've never had any before I gained weight and never got them anywhere else which was how I knew it was weight related.

You picked on off your eye?! Owwwww!! Madwoman ;)

5. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    that brilliant news for you hun bet you well pleased. x

6. rainbow brite

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yeah :) I know there's nothing gross about them really, I just got really freaked out by it lol

7. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

You can take them off with fishing line. They are caused by items of clothes rubbing you, men get them on their neck when they live in shirts.

8. princess-of-power

princess-of-power this is SPARTA!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    there's loads of reasons why you get them but they are more prevalent in overweight peeps, probably due to hormone imbalance/ metabolism/insulin etc.

I was bored one day when i was 15 and picked it up and it bled something wicked!

9. catznolan

catznolan nearly there!! :)

Diet:
    lost over 60 lbs with ll
    i no this sounds weird but my lil lad has one one his willy (hes only 3 and def not overweight ha) and has amother one on his stomach!!
    ive one under my arm to!! that must be a common area for them!!

10. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    lmao at this thread -I'm not going ther ffs -I feel a freak as it is being this overweight never mind looking for more ammo to use next time I'm on a downer.

Class -pmsl

11. Vickie_L

Vickie_L Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    one hubby used to have one on his back, but he twisted it so much it fell off *bleurgh*

12. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    My bf has some around his neck, he was told they were from shirt collars rubbing on him, something to do with the friction, I have a couple under my arms, surprised they don't get ripped off with waxing.

BF won't let me tie the string around his, spoilsport! ;)

13. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've had them in the past but haven't noticed any new ones lately! I had one huge one on my stomach and my GP told me to tie thread round it and one day it had just gone! I'm hoping I'm no longer fat enough to get one! Lol!

x

14. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Yep....I had a few under in my armpits....cotton tied round them did the trick. No new ones to report. I'm not sure if I got them when I put the weight on....not really thought about it before.

15. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

My ex husband has a massive one right in the middle of his chest, at nipple height. ie he has 3 nipples!:eek: He is such a wimp that he wont have it removed!

My kids say that on hols he uses his skin tag as a tan-o-meter, as the skin stays white underneath it! Lol!!

16. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    I have a couple on the inside of my elbows about 3 on my neck (around the area where your necklace sits) from when I was hospitalised and had loads of tubes all over me. I can't wear any chains now as they always catch and I used to love wearing a necklace. :(

17. SlimJ

SlimJ Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    hillarious. thanks for sharing. i had discoverd two under my arm also during the last year and I just checked and it's gone!
    BRILLIANT!

18. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I used to have this same problem.. but i wpre a necklace anyway and it used to get trapped in it and bleed... then one day i was getting changed and the necklace caught on my top and it ripped off, sore but so worth it :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.