Skin tightening tricks...

I swear by BioOil - I used it when pregnant with my little man & didn't get a single stretch mark :D

I guess the other thing is not to lose weight too quickly to allow your skin to shrink, but apart from that toning, toning and more toning! x

That's my plan so far. Going to get exercises from my personal trainer that I can do at home. I want to be able to wear a bikini for the first time! I'm even going to buy one tomorrow hopefully so I can start on a tan :D :cross: hopefully it won't end up being a waste of money! :p

Oh another thing I'd like to fix is the skin on my legs. They basically never see the light of day and so are horrible and pastey and I also have some vein problems due to my weight. I'm hoping tanning will hide most of my flaws but is there any regimen i could start to help out? I exfoliate sporadically and moisturize a little more often...

can't help i resorted to £6000 of surgery LOL!!

I'm contemplating trying a Tina o'doherty treatment. Anyone tried them?

It's a clinic that offers skin tightening non surgical stuff. Got a voucher at Christmas time, so maybe worth a shot?!

I hate to be the bearer of unwelcome news but I think once the damage has been done no amount of lotions, potions or exercise will make any difference if you haven't got the kind of skin that snaps back. It's all about genetics and the elasticity of your skin, I've had 2 children and unfortunately have the tummy to prove it, although its unoticable with my clothes on so it doesn't bother me. I'm sure Dr Dukan describes in the book that any sagginess might improve in the 6 months after the initial weightloss but if there's no improvement then that's pretty much it for your skin. We just need to embrace our new slimmer bodies albeit with a little looser skin

louschu said:
I hate to be the bearer of unwelcome news but I think once the damage has been done no amount of lotions, potions or exercise will make any difference if you haven't got the kind of skin that snaps back. It's all about genetics and the elasticity of your skin, I've had 2 children and unfortunately have the tummy to prove it, although its unoticable with my clothes on so it doesn't bother me. I'm sure Dr Dukan describes in the book that any sagginess might improve in the 6 months after the initial weightloss but if there's no improvement then that's pretty much it for your skin. We just need to embrace our new slimmer bodies albeit with a little looser skin

Totally agree! Luckily I've not gt much loose skin but my knees have always been flabby so I think that's the bit I'd want to work on! Maybe it's daft, but if I have the voucher it's worth a pamper even if it's rubbish! Hahahaha. Hopefully age is on my side with the skin! X

louschu is right i had 3 children quite close together, what i thought was fat as it was quite thick was actually skin and i did not matter what i did it dosen't go. so i went to the harley clinic and had a tummy tuck the piece they removed weighed 8lbs

i had the op sunday afternoon and came home monday, had to go to the local clinic every couple of days for a week and again at 10days for checks, but i was lucky had no pain and no infection and healed well and quickly you have to take it easy but i was walking to the loo just a few hours after the op i think the biggest thing was the lipo that i had at the same time. i had lipo on my upper tummy and the muscles tightened and the tummy tuck on my baby sag it cost me £6000 2 yrs ago. i have put on about 2 stone since then but my tummy is still flat. the most uncomfortable thing i found was that you had to wear a tight girdle that was put on after the op and you were not allowed to take it off and have a shower for over a week, it used to itch like mad

Back