Skin

nonnibear

Does anyone have any problems with loose skin after they have lost? I have about 5 stone to lose and am a bit worried that it's stretched out so much, it won't shrink again.

I'm using that oil stuff to fade stretch marks (well expensive) but am a bit worried that I'll have to tuck my belly into my pants WHEN (not if) I get to my goal weight.

I kinda sometimes worry about having loose skin, I'm fairly sure I'll have some as I have over 10 stone to lose.
But if I kept thinking about the saggy skin that would put me off losing the weight! I would rather have loose skin but be healthy than carry on being the weight I am now.

Plus I have started saving just in case I do need some surgery :D

When I did Cambridge tow years ago I lost a little over 4 stones but I'm happy to say my skin managed to shrink to fit my new shape too and I didn't have stretch marks
Unfortunately family problems meant I regained but I'm determined to get back to where I was and lose a little more too - I know I can do it, I'm just hoping those two extra years don't make any difference to my skin - maybe once I lose a bit more I'll join the gym with my daughter x

When I lost 5 stone few years ago I DID have a saggy tummy, But the bottom roll only, And to be honest It didn't bother me because I was thin. And I have had children. This time round mind I am wanting to lose bit more weight as before and I reckon I may have it in my arms and thighs . But I will worry about that when the time comes.

Bio oil is good for stretch marks, But I don't use it any more, Because I personally ain't bothered aslong as I am going to be thin :).

I am terrified of being put to sleep, so will live with it lol

Plus if you do end up with saggy skin that doesn't mean it'll be there forever. Apparently it can take years for it to go. It's a shame it doesn't just magically disappear and we have gorgeous smooth slim bodies but ah well!

yeah Im pretty sure my baby flap will a bit more flappy and less pudgey when im at goal. but I also think it will be less of an issue than it is now especially when fitting into trousers .

Hi all, it all depends on your skin type and babies etc, for the users of bio oil it is expensive and wilkinsons do a copy that is exactly the same but not even half the cost, I lost ten stones on cambridge and I've lost six (yes lost the plot when pregnant) so far. I've had one emergency c section, one planned and I've been overweight all my life and have a huge apron of skin but my top half is fine and dandy, it's always best not to worry till you get there, I've got another stone to go but think I'll go to the doctor to see if he can help my flap as it's flappy when I run or anything and if you don't ask you don't get.

Saying that, I'd rather have a flap of emptyness that you can disguise than a huge belly xx

I've lost 6 stone and it's only recently that my skin has started to sag especially on the tummy. Am not bothered about it as I wear control pants (my BFF). At the end of the day size 10/12 with loose skin is better than size 24 with firm skin.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've lost 7 stone so far and it's not an issue yet, but I think it may be over the next couple of stone as I get to goal. As the others have said, I'd prefer to sort out the weight problem, and deal with whatever else needs sorting out when I get there. I'm hoping the exercise I'm doing will help tone up whatever's left too!

I too worry about the loose skin and at this point would rather be fat than have an apron. However its not healthy to be this weight so I just went for it.
I lost 3.5 stone reasonably quickly & did have sagging on belly, Boobs & arms. Came off diet at Christmas and put half a stone back on. Was gutted at the time but now best thing ever as I think my skin needed time to catch up. I have lost the half stone much much slower this time and no sagging as yet.

I'be also taken a shine to StIves Renewing (collagen Elastic) gorgeous moisture 2 for £7 in Tesco at mo or second fav is Vaseline intensive rescue. Unfragranced for dry v dry skin. White bottle blue lid.
As everyone says it affects folk in different ways. Drinking your water def best thing for you.

Keep up the good work. :)

age is a big factor in skin elasticity and its ability to shrink without sagging...I will have lost 10st 7lb by the time i get to a healthy BMI and i know i will be reaching for the surgeons knife for an apronectomy..but to be fair it is not as bad as i thought it would be ..and echoing everyone elses comments..I would rther be a healthy weight with a bit of loose skin than the miserable overweight person i was at the start of my weight loss journey xxx

Back