Slaj's diary

Morning all, it's Friday! Looks a bit chilly outside today, our central heating boiler has broken so no hot water or heating urgh!
B Greek yogurt , strawberries and blueberries
L. A colleagues retirement do so need to make careful choices!
T probably salmon fillet with buttered leeks and greens
Must remember to drink plenty of water

Enjoy your day :)

Hi, your menus look good, I can't wait to be able to eat berries and yog, yum

Hi Sammy, I would be lost without my Greek yogurt and berries!! I used to buy Atkins crunchy muesli but my local branch of Boots has stopped selling it, I'm devastated!! :)

Hi Sandra, did you get your boiler fixed? They have the crunchy muesli on the lcm site. I love their low carb freshly baked rolls. I know they have wheat gluten but they don't seem to affect me. x

Hi Val afraid boiler can't be fixed , we need a new one, ours is only eight years old and the engineer said they only last approx eight to ten years! Seems such alot of money for so few years! Now looking for a bargain!

The boiler in my house is over 30 years old apparently - I think they make things to break these days.

Thanks all, a neighbour is a plumber/ pipe fitter and he thinks he canget us one trade price for £500, hopefully we will have heat and warm water soon. Thank goodness for the dishwasher and electric shower! :)

Morning all, a sad day today, going to a colleagues funeral, only fifty and leaves behind two teenage children. Will catch up with everyone later x

So sad....I've been to a couple of funerals where the people were in their 40's gives us all a reality kick....hope it goes as well as possible.....I went to have my boiler serviced the week and apparently it's unserviceable and have to wait until it packs up and will then cost so the bloke said £2.5k for a new boiler .....think I better treat that boiler with some tlc the last thing I want is to fork out that sort of money xx

It is horrible when someone too young dies. I work for the ambulance service and it always shocks me when someone in the 30s 40s or 50s die, sometimes it makes me stop and think, i am way older than that person! makes you realise that you need to make the most of today!!! HUGS

Thanks all for your thoughts, the service was wonderful, such a fitting celebration of the life of a lovely lady. I was privileged to be asked to read a tribute on behalf of work colleagues. Going to have a glass of wine tonight in memory of such a lovely person x

Evening Sandra and hugs! Xxx

Back