Team 2 !!!Slate your weight!!!

I just got weighed at the doctors- i know its not WI day yet, BUT i was 16st 2...so unless the doctors scales are like 6lbs out than the WW scales, i MAY have had a loss this week!

OK here goes. I know a few of you already know me, or know of me, but for the benefit of those who don’t, here’s a brief profile of who I am, where I’ve come from and where I want to be.

My name is Gerry and I live near Belfast, Northern Ireland. I work for an Aloe Vera based health & nutrition company as an IT & Multimedia manager. I am 42 and am married, for the second time, with two kids and we currently have my 20 month old grandson living with us.

After experiencing a few health issues, some more serious than others, I knew it was time for me to start doing something about my lifestyle. To be honest, although I knew my health was at risk it probably came down to a vanity thing which made me start my journey. I had some pictures taken in September of last year and it was when I saw these pictures that I got really upset and realised that I was just kidding myself and that the idea that I had that I wasn’t really that fat was so far from the truth. How wrong was I? At that stage I was at my heaviest weight of 20st 9lbs!

So I set about following the Weight Watchers plan from home and I don't attend meetings. I also started doing some light exercise and most importantly drinking 2 litres of water each week day.

Today I am 17st 1lb and feel amazing.

The help and support on minimins has been invaluable and I have made many friends along the way.

My weigh in day (done at home) is usually on a Sunday.

That is all.

Well done Katie :D

morning team, well its the first day of March and the start of us kicking the butts of the other teams boo yeah!!!
from today i'm going to make an effort to eat breakfast actually at breakfast time and not leave it so late it actually becomes brunch :D
and i'm also going to make an effort to drink more water during the day, right off to do my norning sit ups and just for good measure and because i'm probably a sandwich short of a picnic lol i'm going to throw in a few press ups as well *wish me luck team*

Hope your sit ups and push up :O went well! I cant do either! hahaha!
Welcome to the team G man! :p

Hi!! I think I've just been added to this team
Welcome to the team Tessa!!
You are right, it is so easy to fall back into the old habits, well done for realising it early and doing something!
And WW is ideal to learn about healthy food, exercise and how to deal with those oh-too-well-known “days-off” or “special occasions” :D - that is exactly what we’re all hoping to archive in the end, a healthy relation to food and to the needs of our body!

Oh, and slate your weight is just a slogan/name for our team like "team loser" or "going going gone" or "fat fighters" of the other teams!

My weigh in was this morning and i managed a STS very very happy and determined for my month challange.

I just got weighed at the doctors- i know its not WI day yet, BUT i was 16st 2...so unless the doctors scales are like 6lbs out than the WW scales, i MAY have had a loss this week!

Right my weight in day is Monday, but because I'll not have the time tomorrow I weighed in a day early so for this weeks count i've lost so that 2pts to us lol

Well done girls! You make me proud!!:D Keep it up!! And Anna, I will put your points down in the first entry tomorrow!

OK here goes. I know a few of you already know me, or know of me, but for the benefit of those who don’t, here’s a brief profile of who I am, where I’ve come from and where I want to be.
Thanks for the introduction Gerry! and again: welcome to the team!

morning team, well its the first day of March and the start of us kicking the butts of the other teams boo yeah!!!

I couldn’t have said it better!! Many thanks Kally!! xxx

ooops, double entry.. :(

I think we should change it to The Slaters! LOL

Well i was going to say Big Mo but kally is claiming that!! tehe

I just think its catchy-er :p

:confused::confused: Sorry, but I have no clue what you're talking about :confused::confused: :cry:

Lol Meike the Slaters are a family in Eastenders, Gerry you are a perfect Charlie lol oh hold on a minute the way your are dropping the pounds we are going to have to get you padded out for the part I've got Katie marked down as Zoe the pretty one and Nikki can be Kat lol Meike would make a perfect Jean lol

I will take zoe! and thanks for the compliment :p As long as im not stacy i can live! I hate eastenders and refuse to watch it anymore lol

OMG, never watched eastenders and don't plan on ever doing so.. can we please move on??? *begs*

Oh dear Meike don't beg lol you know what Gerry gets like when you plead with him lol your asking for trouble

Last edited:
OH YAYYYYYYY!

I can't believe I landed on the team with all you lovely lovely people. You would not believe how excited I am because secretly I hoped I would be in it with you lot. :D Your all really good at losing weight and your so motivated it keeps me going.

I lurve it EEEeKKKKkkk *excited*

I know recently I have been forum shy but to be honest I only occassionaly get on the computer and I do pop my head in to how your all doing. I will deff have to come here more now that I'm part of your team :) :) :)

*my Into*

My name is Becky. I am 25 from the West Midlands. I am a stay at home mum of 3 and have been for the past 7 years while working as a barmaid between pregnancies.

Prior to that I was a PA and administrator for a property surveyor and also worked as the company receptionist.

I am married to my wonderful hubby Neal and have been for the past 7 years (got married at 18)

When I met him I was approximately 13/14 stone. My joining weight was 17 stone 9.5lb and that was on the 19th of Jan 2010. I have lost 12.5lb in the last 5 weeks and my weight now is 16st 11lb. I hit my 5% last week. I have a very long way to go and my goal weight is anywhere under 12 and half stone. My weigh-ins are on Tuesday nights so I will get on later and post for sure. *hoping for 1lb loss*

I do my exercise dvd's (only occassionally jsut lately) and I do aqua fit twice a week as well as the long long walk there and back plus endless trips here and there so I clock up about 15 points a week in exercise.

I am really determined to stick at it as my kids mean more than the world to me and I want them to have a yummy mummy to look up to.

I will check back in tonight after my weigh in and post my weight loss/gain.

Go Team Slate The Weight!!!!

Oh and can I be Lyn please? lol.

Hey Becky!! Welcome to the Team!! :grouphugg:
and: WOW, that is EXACTLY the feedback I'd like to get for my team!! :DWoooohooo!!! *proud is*

Well done on your loss so far - we're fairly similar from the looks of it! Let's keep it rolling!

Do you have any target you want to get to by the end of March?
15 activity points is brilliant :eek:, do you tend to eat them or keep them working towards your weightloss? as I am slowly starting to go jogging again I will have to think about that, too. But guess I'll tend to keep them towards the weightloss, or for emergencies :D

Good to have you here and good luck for tonight!!

Back