Sleepymums First-Ever Diary: Please help!

I had three mini babybel (think thats the portion).
thanks hun, nice to know plan looks go.
Really love this plan, and so want it to work. On plan a week today, but not weighing until next week. Want to give my body time to adjust, as I am eating more than I was on ww.

I had three mini babybel (think thats the portion).
thanks hun, nice to know plan looks go.
Really love this plan, and so want it to work. On plan a week today, but not weighing until next week. Want to give my body time to adjust, as I am eating more than I was on ww.

Good idea. You are being very disciplined! Some would have cracked by now, weighed, cried then fallen off the wagon!

Keep up the good work xx

Would second Ali's comment! Well done, you're doing so well and your food looks so good! Good idea not to weigh for a couple of weeks to give your body a chance to understand that it's going to keep getting all that food for a change and so doesn't need to store it!:)

Thanks girls, its hard not to jump on the scales but I know if I did and saw a sts or gain, I would be straight back to ww. (And I really dont want to do that).

The plan for today:Green again :D

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (hexb),hot water, with banana.
Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
Ainsley Harriot CousCous (3 SYNS) (Really have to think of more ideas for work, only have a kettle so any ideas appreciated), Strawberries, Apple

Dinner:
Omellete with 3 mini babybel light (hexa) & spring onion, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower

Snack:
Apple, 2 x Alpen Light Bar (hexb), 5 rich tea biscuits (5 SYNS), ww yogurt.

Thats the plan for today.

OK a few ideas from things I've made before. Might need a bit of adapting for SW to fit things into healthy extras. All of these things fit well into a green day (using meat as a HE).

Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Chicken and Mango Salad

Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Sweet Chilli Lentil and Smoked Salmon Warm Salad

Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Lentil and Vegetable Gratin (improved!)

Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Nectarine, Chickpea and Green Pea Couscous Salad
Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Low Fat Lemon & Pepper Houmous

Healthy food to make your mouth water...: Carrot and Ginger Soup

There is also a really good blog called Slimming Eats - where the blog owner gives all the SW info. Worth a look About | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Hope you find some new ideas! Although I do envy you being able to buy branded free foods and quorn - must make preparation much easier. At my more organised times I make and freeze stuff on my day off. Then as it's hot here in summer, I can just take stuff out of the freezer during the day and let it defrost on my way to work...

Work Lunch ideas???

Has anyone got any ideas what to bring to work for lunch. I have been having Cous Cous (as we only have hot water/no microwave or fridge).

I dont want to end up eating the same thing over and over, as I dont think it great for your body and then there is the boredom of it.

So I could have couscous, sandwichs (hexb)?, but what else, what do you bring???

Has anyone got any ideas what to bring to work for lunch. I have been having Cous Cous (as we only have hot water/no microwave or fridge).

I dont want to end up eating the same thing over and over, as I dont think it great for your body and then there is the boredom of it.

So I could have couscous, sandwichs (hexb)?, but what else, what do you bring???

Green Day: Mug shot with 4 ryvitas & philly or dairylea

Green Day: Pasta or Rice salad

Any Day: Salad (ham/tuna/egg/feta etc etc) (take your dressing separately so salad doesn't go soggy)

SW Quiche - yum yum yum

Food flask?? Could hold home-made soup/chilli/anything really

thanks fit4hols. some great ideas there. thats a great blog.

Ali: I cant get my hands on mugshots at all. Have asked tesco to get them in but no sign yet. good idea about the flask. Must have a look for one.

thanks ladies.

Think I will have a Green Day today

Oh my god, I woke up in the middle of the night starving. Its the first time since I started SW that I have felt hungry at all. It was probabaly because I only ate about the half the omelette and veg (just wasnt hungry then :rolleyes:)
Anyway I drank about a pint of water and that kept me going til this morning.

So my plan is to have a green day (Tomorrow will be extra easy as going to make SW burgers & SW chips . . .Nom Nom).

Breakfast:
Apple, Blueberries, Banana, 2 Weetabix (Hexb) (use hot water on my weetabix)

Snack:
Kellogs Fiber Plus Bar (Hexb) (So delicious)

Lunch:
CousCous (3.5 Syns), Strawberries, Apple, Pineapple

Dinner:
3 egg omellete, 3 mini babybel light (Hexa), Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Onions, Asparagus

Snack:
WW yogurt, Strawberries, Cadburys Animal Biscuits (5.5 syns)

Total Syns~ 9

Hoping the weather improves a bit, would love to get out for a walk this evening.

Thanks ali,
Really love fruit so I am loving that I can eat them (and not count points). Plus most are speed foods too. .

Scales keep calling me!!!!!

Well the scales are in my room and since yesterday evening the keep calling me, so I am doing my best to wait until Tuesday before I weigh myself.
As I was following ww (well sort of), before I switched I am not expecting a big loss and I kind of have it in my head, that as I have been eating more food than before (although it is much healtheir), I will have a sts or even a gain.

Any the plan for today is Green:

Breakfast:
Raspberries, Blueberries, Apple

Lunch:
4 Ryevita (hexb), banana, Muller Light

Dinner:
Not sure yet...... But probably some pasta and sauce, with cheese (hexa), loads of veggies.

Must sit down later and plan my menus for the week, before I go shopping.......

Last edited:
so dinner was:
2 portobello mushrooms stuffed with cous cous and herbs. mini babybel light (hexa) on top, with tomatoes and beetroot. Was delicious.

Had a fibre plus bar for (hexb).
Stuffed so think thats it for today.

Your menus all look really nice, and I'm sure you're going to have a loss on Tuesday. Keep eating your healthy carbs though as I think your metabolism needs to know it's going to get them regularly! I find that if I cut back on rice (my carb!) that I put on weight. The temptation is to cut back before weigh-in day, but it's not a good plan for the longer term weigh-ins, believe me as someone who's done it! Hope you have a really good day today!

Thanks fit4hols. I think the ww part of my brain is still telling me carbs bad. Its certainly a mind change. . Fingers are crossed for Tuesday.

Went for a 5 mile walk this morning, want to keep up the work I put in for the mini marathon.

Plan for today. . . . Green

Breakfast:
Mullerlight, apple, banana, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
CousCous (3.5 syns), tuna (hexb), mini babybel light (part hexa), tomatoes, spring onion.
Strawberries, Apple

Dinner:
Omelette, Mini baby bel light (part hexa), tomatoes, mushrooms, spring onions, Aspargus

Snacks:
2 Alpen light
Fibre plus Bar 5.5 (5 syns)

Oh believe me I was the ultimate couch potatoe. But after training for the marathon, I want to keep it up. .

So today has been a green day.
Breakfast
4 ryevita (hexb) banana, raspberries

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Lettuce, beetroot, spring onion, gerkin, chickpeas, 3 mini babybel light (hexa), tomatoes

Snacks
2 alpen light (hexb)

Dinner
Not sure yet. . . . . Maybe some pasta, although will have to see what to have for sauce with this. . .

Snacks:
ww yogurt
Probably some choc (will add syns later).

Didnt feel great after yesterday so didnt have pasta, had some fruit and a slimfast bar (5 syns). .

And today woke up starving, another green day. . . .

Breakfast
2 weetabix (hexb), raspberries, blueberries

Snack
2 apples

Lunch
4 ryevita (hexb), banana, mullerlight

Snack
Strawberries

Dinner
Baked potato, asparagus, cauliflower, Chicken Sauce (3 tablespoons) 5syns

Snacks
3 plums, 3 richtea fingers » 3 syns, Fibre plus bar » 5.5 syns
Milk for tea (hexa)

Weigh in first thing tomorrow morning. . . Bricking it. Really hoping to see a loss tomorrow.

Your menu's look great. I'm sure you'll have had a loss. This is just my second week too, WI on thursday. Keep us posted!

Thanks Annabelle,
How are you finding the plan so far.
Best of luck for your weighin.

Back