Sleepymums First-Ever Diary: Please help!

Green day today

Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries & blueberries

Lunch
Bread(hexb), tomato, spring onion...Banana

Dinner
Pasta, Laughing cow(hexa), mushroom & onion

Snacks
3 x apples
Grapes
Fibre plus bar(hexb)
Rocky bar 4.5 syns

Sick of hayfever. Feeling really weird. Could be the meds????

Oh wow, you've been doing so well over the last week, and another loss that's great for motivation! Sorry to hear about the hayfever - hope you get it under control soon.

Hey hun. Hope you had a great hol. Well done on the getting the cycling in.
Hay fever weird; havent suffered in years but me and 6 year old in bits with it this week.
Was delighted with the loss. Pull wardrobe apart and have been trying on some smaller sizes. Some fit so thrilled with that.

Green day today

Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries, blueberries

Lunch
Tomato soup (2 syns, said no cream or oil but just in case), tomato sandwich(hexb)

Snacks
2 x apples
Banana
Grapes
Melon
Crisps(4.5 syns)

Dinner
Butternut squash soup, omelette

Snacks
2 alpen light bars
Snack bar (6 syns)

Feeling a bit better today. Can taste stuff now.... :p
Not sure if thats a good thing though.

Green day today.

Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries, blueberries

Apple

Lunch
Pasta with homemade butternut squash sauce, chicken (hexb)......yum

Half bounty ice cream 3.5 syns
Apple

Not sure yet what I am having for dinner.....
For the first time in years * week has been a real pain. Hot water bottle and loads of pain killers. Feeling really bloated. Had a sneaky look on the scales and have stayed the same. Would be happy with that, cause in the past * week would affect my weight loss.

Green day
Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries, blueberries, red currants

Apple

Lunch
Omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes

Dinner
Chicken (hexb), beetroot, lettuce, tomatoes,cheese (hexa), nimble bread(hexb), extra light mayo 1 syn

Snack
Half bounty ice cream 3.5 syns
Rocky bar 5 syns
Strawberries

Feeling much better today. Thank god. Looks like hayfever meds are finally working. Not as much sniffling this morning.
Back out walking/jogging today.... Have missed it! But couldnt risk going out as I live in the country and there is loads of grass cutting going on.

Thanks!
Back into the swing of things now.
Not expecting to loose this week, but I know I will next week.

Green day
Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries & red currants

Lunch
Ryvita (hexb), cheese (hexa), veg soup

Dinner
Rice, chicken fillet(hexb), green beans

Snacks
Apple x 2, Strawberries, blueberries, banana, sweets (4 syns)
Snack (3 syns)
Choc mouse (4.5 syns)

Yes, you look as if you're back in the swing of things! Last week was star week with all the accompanying chocolate cravings but it might not be as bad as you think... You only had one bad evening, didn't you? Of course I don't know quite how much chocolate you ate that day!! Anyway, sticking with menus like these, I'm sure you'll lose next week:)

Scales arent working so will weigh tomorrow instead....
Yeah only had the one bad evening. But lucking back on my diaries I use most of my syns on choc- do you think this is a bad thing.
Reading other diarys, others suggest not eating the same food on a daily basis...Should you mix things up a bit????

Anyway today was green
Breakfast
Couscous, mullerlite, raspberries and red currants

2xapples

Lunch
4 ryvita(hexb), cheese(1/2 hexa), tomato, banana, strawberries, crisps 4.5 syns

Dinner
Baked potato, cheese (1/2 hexa), chicken(hexb), lettuce, tomato, mayo(2 syns)

Snack
Sugar free jelly .5 syn
Light choc mouse 4.5 syns

I'm not sure you have to vary your syns - I think they're just whatever it takes to stop you feeling deprived! I think it's varying your free food and healthy extras more so that you get the full range of nutrition value. That's something I'm not very good at... I love my cheese and go through phases for meat and fish. Actually maybe I feel a fish day coming on - thank you! Also I think you're supposed to vary your days so that you don't get get bored and fall off the wagon. But I don't know about you, but I love the meals I eat so don't want to change what I know works for me! My downfall is too many syns... But not this week!

Stick with the chocolate - it works for you! Good luck with weigh-in (today now?)

I love my couscous in the morning, it really fills me up, but going to try and mix things up a bit for the week.

Green - Breakfast
Mullerlite, raspberries and blue berries with 2 alpen lights(hexb) sprinkled on top

Apple

Lunch
Golden wonder pasta pot, banana, raspberries, grapes

Apple, snack 3 syns

Dinner
Couscous, green beans, salmon(hexb)

Sugar free jelly, fruit and choc mouse 4.5 syns

Milk (hexa)

Green day planned for tomorrow:

Mullerlite, raspberries and blueberries, 2 ryvita (1/2 hexb) & cheese (hexa)

Couscous, tuna(hexb), cherry tomatoes... 2 ryvita (1/2 hexb) & banana

Baked potato, lowlow butter 1.5 syns, mushy peas, scrambled egg

Snacks
2xApples
WaterMelon
Snack 3 syns
Sugar free jelly 1 syns

Does this look like too much food??? Trying to mix things up a bit, but dont want to go overboad either... Any opinions or advise welcome

Hi there! I think that looks fine, but if you're worried about it being too much why not weigh everything out one time and count calories using nutritiondata.com or caloriecount.com? I know you're wanting to vary your diet a bit more so well done on that!

Ok, so added everything and looked it up in calorie counter. So calorie wise its just over a 1000. Even I know I should be eating more than that, but carbs and protein were over the recommended amounts although not by much..
Is this a bad thing, will it affect weight loss. ??? I really havent a clue..
Really am confused.com at the minute.. :-\

Wow, it didn't look that low. Did it include if you used a brand couscous meal like Ainsley's, and the size of your apples?

I think that your food looks healthy, although do you think you have more fruit than veggie? And there seem to be lots of different carb/protein/fat ratios floating around. I wouldn't get too hung up on the ratios so long as it looks healthy? I'm quite interested in this side of things and was tracking this myself before I came back to tried and tested SW! I thought this link was good The Golden Ratio - Carbs, Protein, and Fat or just google carbohydrate protein fat ratio to be sure I'm not sending you a dodgy link:D

I don't think the balance is going to make too much difference to your weight loss if it's close to what it should be. You certainly seem t be losing well now! Dietary fibre is also carbohydrate and we should be eating 25-30g of that; now I know roughly how many calories I need to eat, I tend to focus on trying to get enough soluble and insoluble fibre in my diet and that stops me eating too many calories. Until I overdose on one particular fruit/vegetable and start to crave more fat! I'd say certainly get your calories up (more veggies/meat/fish/quorn?) otherwise your metabolism will slow down and you'll find that the weight loss slows down. But maybe get the calories up slowly so that your body adjusts without putting the weight on?

Why not post on the general board to get a few more ideas? Or scream out for more people to comment on your diary! We seem to be the only people commenting on each other's diaries at the moment! Although I find your support really good:thankyou: Or could you visit your nurse freely to get some advice or mention it alongside something else when you're next there? I spoke to them once when I was going to SW classes, and they were very supportive of SW and thought it was a sensible healthy eating plan which made me feel more confident.

Long post, sorry! Hope other people comment too! I feel like we're all experimenting!

Last edited:
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well smurfett I followed your link and caught up on everything-phew, wipes head. Does that count as my exercise for the day lol

You are doing so so well, My diaries may look small but I eat huge-mongous portions, so no doubt you are not eating too much!! lol

Also read about mugshots- I dont think they do them in the supermarkets up here, but I have seen them for 3 for a pound in Poundworld, so If you have one of them nearby try in there.

So I also see the weight is dripping off you-which is faboosh! I am a bit jealous-but you have really been bashing out some excellent exercise since day one! So well done!!

Also nice to see you have some great support here-and now I am afraid I will have to stalk you-or it just wouldnt be fair lol.

Heres to another great day!!

xx

Green day planned for tomorrow:

Mullerlite, raspberries and blueberries, 2 ryvita (1/2 hexb) & cheese (hexa)

Couscous, tuna(hexb), cherry tomatoes... 2 ryvita (1/2 hexb) & banana

Baked potato, lowlow butter 1.5 syns, mushy peas, scrambled egg

Snacks
2xApples
WaterMelon
Snack 3 syns
Sugar free jelly 1 syns

Does this look like too much food??? Trying to mix things up a bit, but dont want to go overboad either... Any opinions or advise welcome

Hi sweet, sorry not been around much to nosey your diary lately - my life is a bit crazy at the mo! :rolleyes:

This question about too much food ... no way hun! Eat until your satisfied then if you are hungry a couple of hours later ... eat some more! SW isn't a punishment plan ... if you make the right choices you can munch throughout the day quite happily.

Looks like you are making some really good choices and you are doing fantastically well! Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much girls. I really was having so much doubts and over thinking things.
Thats it!!!! Right I know this works and have lost weight so really going to push for rest of week.

Thanks! Thats what I love about this site. You really get the help ya need.

Thanks fit4hols...great support as always.
Your right I do tend to eat a lot more fruit than veg (think its the sugar cravings), looking back on my diaries I seem to loose better when I eat salad so will def be increasing that for the next few days..
Will give the link a look tru later... thanks for that..
I am going to slowly add more calories as you suggest...but the will be good ones. Bought some of the syn free sausages so going to have them tomorrow, so red day I think. Really looking forward to sitting dow to sw fry.... Yum!!
Also going to have some fish... Really looking forward to that...
Thanks again hun!!

Back