Slight worry re. Surgery

Lilypad

I'm having a tummy tuck/boob lift in about 7 weeks time and I've just been reading a thread on the CD forum, and having asked my LL counsellor about starting eating pre surgery, she told me I could carry on until I'm literally about to be knocked out:) But the advice on CD seems to be, start eating 2 weeks prior to surgery, and I think I can't do LL until after 3 months have passed from surgery. I can feel myself entering a bit of a panic, I won't be doing Management then? How do I cope? What do I do, will I pile weight back on without the tool of management? Please help :cry:
kate

Kate,

It depends on the individual.
Ask your GP what the best thing for you to do is hun.
x

Sorry cant help, but wanted to offer thoughts and support for whatever happens!

Thanks both
Pix, my GP wouldn't sign my forms (she gave me a prescription for Reductil tho') so I don't think I'll be back to see her somehow. I might ring LL headoffice tomorrow.
kate
Mine wouldn't sign mine either.
Its irrelevant whether she agrees with the programme or not you are already on it and now she has to assess you for surgery whether she likes it or not!
What about the surgeon doing your operation?
They will probably want to speak to the anaes tho......

Is there another doctor at your surgery you can see? We have 3 doctors at our surgery and you can see any of them you choose - if yours works like that then make an appointment with one and see what they say.

I'd imagine too that LL Head Office is a good place to ask as they must have had this come up before as I can imagine lots of people have had surgery done.

Hope it all gets sorted for you so that you can get some peace of mind.

Cath

Definately ring LL head office.

I was going in hospital as day patient during initial 100 days of LL and I asked my councellor & she said something about as long I was not being cut I could continue on packs.

As you will be being cut different rules will apply but I cannot remember what she said.

Is your councellor willing to offer any assistance/advicwe for what you need to eat etc

OOOOO You must post how the op goes as I will be having a tt the same time as my hernia op, and would love to know how it feels and how long you need to rest up for etc etc.

You could still go into management for the healthy eating education.

I remember hearing if you got pregnant on LL you couldn't continue on packs but they were happy to let you go into management, I can't really see any reason why that can't apply to you too.

Good luck with the op!

Mags
xxx

Back